ADVERTISEMENT

Big Man

I love how you continually speak out of your rear. 😘

No rabbits needed, there are plenty of targets available.

RU was never going to get a top guys at center. Too many people at all levels don't donate to allow for one of those to be a reality. They will get a decent replacement when it's all said and done.
The same guys speak from their aholes.Over and over again-- they will say anything to put down our team. They seem to want RU to do poorly. The negativity is constant. Please give it up you're not fans-- just critic's with no real information. It's the same 3 or 4.

Also, an inexperienced player looking for a fresh start is not going to be excited about coming in and being in Somerville's shadow for 4 years. People keep ignoring that we have a freshman stud center coming in. Why would a redshirt freshman project want to come in and play behind a freshman stud?
I think calling him a stud is very premature. Same goes even for Ace and DH. You never know how the all-star circuit translates to big time basketball against players and teams that play defense.

Reactions: darkcheck
I think calling him a stud is very premature. Same goes even for Ace and DH. You never know how the all-star circuit translates to big time basketball against players and teams that play defense.
McDonald's All Americans are the definition of stud players, especially those in the top 10. That's why they are already projected towards the top of the NBA draft.

McDonald's All Americans are the definition of stud players, especially those in the top 10. That's why they are already projected towards the top of the NBA draft.
Who among last year’s crop of McDonalds All Americans had big time impact as freshmen ? And how many can you name ?

I think the only way to make some of the trolls appreciate our current recruits would be for them to be the recruits of another team. Then they'd be the best recruits. "Why can't we get recruits like that team's recruits? Pike sucks."

Last edited:
Who among last year’s crop of McDonalds All Americans had big time impact as freshmen ? And how many can you name ?
Last year was an all time bad draft class. Usually, plenty of freshman are among the best in the country. We don’t have during McDonalds guys either, we have the starts of the stars.

I think the only way to make some of the trolls appreciate our current recruits would be for them to be the recruits of another team. Then they'd be the best recruits. "Why can't we get recruits like that team's recruits?"

Tell me, will Sommervile be even more of a stud than McD AA 7 footer Aaron Bradshaw and his 5 points a game as a freshman ? Your homer hogwash doesn’t fly. And don’t backtrack with ‘potential’ because that wasn’t your point. Your point was, Sommerville will be a stud next year. Doubtful.

Tell me, will Sommervile be even more of a stud than McD AA 7 footer Aaron Bradshaw and his 5 points a game as a freshman ? Your homer hogwash doesn’t fly. And don’t backtrack with ‘potential’ because that wasn’t your point. Your point was, Sommerville will be a stud next year. Doubtful.
Bradshaw got injured during Kentucky’s foreign trip and missed the entire preseason and the first several games. Bad comparison.

Bradshaw got injured during Kentucky’s foreign trip and missed the entire preseason and the first several games. Bad comparison.
missed games aren't counted in PPG stats.

besides, he scored meager 3 in the first round tourney loss to mighty Oakland U. and his McD AA teammate DJ Wagner didn't score at all. so, being labeled a stud due to McD AA status is wishful thinking more than it is a certainty. Ace, DH and Lathan may well prove to be studs but odds are that not all of them will, especially as freshman.

the point about LS being a stud next year is homerism at it's worst. almost Fieldhouse Al-level fantasy.

missed games aren't counted in PPG stats.

besides, he scored meager 3 in the first round tourney loss to mighty Oakland U. and his McD AA teammate DJ Wagner didn't score at all. so, being labeled a stud due to McD AA status is wishful thinking more than it is a certainty. Ace, DH and Lathan may well prove to be studs but odds are that not all of them will, especially as freshman.

the point about LS being a stud next year is homerism at it's worst. almost Fieldhouse Al-level fantasy.
A freshman who misses all of preseason never has a chance to get integrated into a new offense. Once the season starts the practices are extremely limited.

Totally awesome. Odds are very slim though. NBA has got to still be option 1. If he drops out of the draft and does the portal, then he'd have to decide if he likes Pike more than $500k (500k is made up guestimate number on the difference between what RU could offer and what the top bid would be).
Pike would be a 180 from underwood from a coaching style standpoint so maybe he gives it a shot. If he’s going for the highest bid, agree no shot

Reactions: Eagleton96
Pass. He's not an interior player on either end. If we didn't already add two shooters I'd say Yes. But that ship has sailed and what we need is a big man in the traditional sense, not a tall shooter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 66 college avenue

A freshman who misses all of preseason never has a chance to get integrated into a new offense. Once the season starts the practices are extremely limited.

Forget the injury. UK had a 3 seed season lol. And Bradshaw averaged 5 and 3.3 in only 13.8 mpg. If we get that production out of Somerville and Ogbole that would be 10 and 6.6 in 27.6 mpg. Martini could shift over to fill the gap and we’d be fine in that case. But we’re still obviously looking for someone else. Sheesh.

Totally awesome. Odds are very slim though. NBA has got to still be option 1. If he drops out of the draft and does the portal, then he'd have to decide if he likes Pike more than $500k (500k is made up guestimate number on the difference between what RU could offer and what the top bid would be).

Fun while it lasted:

Reactions: Eagleton96
Forget the injury. UK had a 3 seed season lol. And Bradshaw averaged 5 and 3.3 in only 13.8 mpg. If we get that production out of Somerville and Ogbole that would be 10 and 6.6 in 27.6 mpg. Martini could shift over to fill the gap and we’d be fine in that case. But we’re still obviously looking for someone else. Sheesh.
so, do you believe Sommerville (two ms) will be "a stud" next year. that's the premise I refute.

No - I think it would be hard for us to have a “stud” center. We are hoping to feature other positions. We just need solid performers. I’d sign on for the 2019-20 production from the 5 in a second.
yep. That’s all I’m saying. It was stated above that LO will be a stud next year. I call bullshit on that homerism.

Reactions: darkcheck
so, do you believe Sommerville (two ms) will be "a stud" next year. that's the premise I refute.
Why do you give a crap--- you dislike our Coach and team .Just give up your tickets if you have them. I suspect you're a tv watcher however.

Because Shelby is the Messiah of Truth, Wisdom and Reality. He expects a better next season than last, but can’t just let asinine posts go unchallenged. Just so you know he does like Pike. Pike usually gets more out of less. He may not get more out of more next year though. He’ll get a pass from me if that occurs. And to suggest we WILL have at least 3 ‘stud’ freshman players is far too homer, rosey and plain blind to CBB reality.

Reactions: HighlandPete
right. it's likely the sums spent on the other three who should be reserves impact what we'd otherwise be able to afford in a B10 level big.
You keep referring to Martini, Acuff and Derkack as reserves. I don’t know if they come off the bench or start, but I think at least one starts, and I know that every game these 3 will play important minutes IN the rotation.

You always have a negative Nancy slant on everything. Wierd.

Lastly, I don’t care who starts the game and who doesn’t. I care who plays well enough during the game to earn solid minutes in the rotation. I think of players as either IN the rotation, or OUT.

Last edited:
Big assumption. Like you’re thinking but most of his teammates as of now aren’t B1G players. I hope you’re right though.
You are really contorting this thing so much, just to make a very weak point.

When everyone shows up within a month or so, they will all be B1G players. Really good B1G players.

Last edited:
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Where do you come up with all of this crap?? Lolololol!!!!

Reactions: TRU2RU
Because Shelby is the Messiah of Truth, Wisdom and Reality. He expects a better next season than last, but can’t just let asinine posts go unchallenged. Just so you know he does like Pike. Pike usually gets more out of less. He may not get more out of more next year though. He’ll get a pass from me if that occurs. And to suggest we WILL have at least 3 ‘stud’ freshman players is far too homer, rosey and plain blind to CBB reality.

Nobody can prove you “wrong” since there are no stats yet on the incoming frosh. But there are some limited stats on Ogbole and they aren’t garbage time data. He played 8 minutes per game (mostly in meaningful situations) against BIG opponents. If we had to play him 32 minutes he would foul out often(that’s the biggest issue), but if he fouled a bit less and did everything else at the same rate he’d average 8.3 ppg / 8 rpg / 2 blocks per game / 2 steals per game.

You are really contorting this thing so much, just to make a very weak point.

When everyone shows up within a month or so, they will all be B1G players. Really good B1G players.
I don’t feel I’m contorting and I feel my point as valid. To assume Grant will be an immediate contributor as a frosh after having not played in a year is concerning. Do I feel he can have a great career, yes. Do I hope he does get up to speed competing with his teammates. Yes. Does he get the benefit of some cupcakes in the pre conf season. Yes. I’m only hesitant to pencil a frosh after a year off for significant minutes is all.

But I do agree most of the team will be very good B1G players as the year progresses. Especially the two five stars who can start anywhere in the country.

I don’t feel I’m contorting and I feel my point as valid. To assume Grant will be an immediate contributor as a frosh after having not played in a year is concerning. Do I feel he can have a great career, yes. Do I hope he does get up to speed competing with his teammates. Yes. Does he get the benefit of some cupcakes in the pre conf season. Yes. I’m only hesitant to pencil a frosh after a year off for significant minutes is all.

But I do agree most of the team will be very good B1G players as the year progresses. Especially the two five stars who can start anywhere in the country.
He didn’t play his HS season which is meaningless compared to EYBL where he earned himself a bump in the ranking two spots below Somerville in the final rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT