ADVERTISEMENT

Kwe Parker Down to Four, Announcing Soon

Come on guys, really? I get it. You don't want to be disappointed in case he doesn't come here but sanders and parker would compliment each other great. He's a great player that would be one more step to getting us out of the bottom. I still believe
I want Kwe Parker on the Banks, make no mistake.

Come on guys, really? I get it. You don't want to be disappointed in case he doesn't come here but sanders and parker would compliment each other great. He's a great player that would be one more step to getting us out of the bottom. I still believe

I agree. No disrespect to a few of the recent posters, but, I found the "turning against Kwe Parker as an elite recruit and a good fit for Rutgers" to be a little dishonest.

I agree. No disrespect to a few of the recent posters, but, I found the "turning against Kwe Parker as an elite recruit and a good fit for Rutgers" to be a little dishonest.
I agree. I think the trending of some poster comment throughout this tread would be interesting to review. The kid would still be a solid pick up should he decide to come. I don't blame him at all for taking his time to make the right decision for him. Deciding to come here with our track record is not an easy thing to do if you have options.

Anyone who changes their tune about his ability as soon as he chooses not to commit, commit elsewhere, or whatever has no idea what they're talking about.

Changes in recruiting happen, especially when scummy relatives get involved. Everyone knows that basketball recruiting is dirty, so lets see what happens.

Everyone on this board would be happy to have this kid at RU. If they say otherwise, they are full of crap.

The longer Parker waits Rutgers chances has to diminish because the won/loss record especially in the B1G won't excite a recruit .[/QUOTE

Aren't we coming off a two win conference season?

Is it likely that he won't sign during the early signing period?

I have a feeling he's being twisted in different directions by family and/or "handlers". The whole thing reeks of it and these situations never work in our favor.

We really just need to let this play out. Kwe said he had a broken foot and was out for 5 months. Sometimes athletes continue with these type of injuries. We need to watch out for our own interests too. He sounds very interested still in RU but what happens if we accept his offer and he never gets 100% healthy again? We need to continue to recruit good players and hopefully Kwe becomes completely healthy again and he sticks with us. He speaks very highly of Eddie and RU and knows how much we have stood by him.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
I would like him to come dont get me wrong. If he doesnt i wont be extremely upset

I would like him to come dont get me wrong. If he doesnt i wont be extremely upset

The more time it takes the more I think the kid isn't fully sold on Rutgers and is hoping his #1 choice ( who I think is the Gators) will offer.
If that's the case, don't blame Kwe for taking his time.
Much rather wait it out then have him commit and de commit because he had RU down as 2nd choice at best and offered by #1 after committing or convinced ( by an adviser) that RU wouldn't be as good as a fit as he thought.

edit: in another thread >"
Kwe just committed to RU.
"

so I believe this is in order
73133e44999619e2ff07daa3b7eaf44f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersMO and JMD77
The more time it takes the more I think the kid isn't fully sold on Rutgers and is hoping his #1 choice ( who I think is the Gators) will offer.
If that's the case, don't blame Kwe for taking his time.
Much rather wait it out then have him commit and de commit because he had RU down as 2nd choice at best and offered by #1 after committing or convinced ( by an adviser) that RU wouldn't be as good as a fit as he thought.

edit: in another thread >""

so I believe this is in order
73133e44999619e2ff07daa3b7eaf44f.jpg

Well done.

looks like some things never change[/B][/U]

KWE Parker to Rutgers......

or maybe some things do change....Rice is no the longer coach. We have a coach and staff that knows how to recruit and close. It's okay to be happy for Jordan, even if he is not a Hurley..... :boxing:

Last edited:
According to Jerry Carino at the Home New tribune, Parker committed
Sunday. Big article in today's paper. AT mycentraljersey.com

Honestly, you guys all have PTSD and need to relax....hahaha.... god, one report says the kid is delaying his commitment and everyone turns around and all the sudden doesn't want him here, or its the end of the world, or we're screwed again.

I said this when everyone was freaking out when we didn't hire Hurley and thought that Eddie Jordan couldn't get it done here. Have some freaking patience. I know the past 30 years has everyone conditioned for the apocalypse, but we are moving in the right direction here.

Corey Sanders and Kwe Parker have friends, and now we have a group of solid reputable players in the pipeline.

This is a huge get, and anyone who looked at Kwe Parker's tape and liked the idea of Kwe Parker more than his game are crazy. This is going to be an instant upgrade on defense, and its going to spread the floor out for everyone else including Corey. This kid can shoot, he can get to the rim on his own, he can defend, he does the intangibles you need. This is a huge commitment, especially with Corey already here.

Rutgers is going to be Showtime, and it will be during wins.

We really just need to let this play out. Kwe said he had a broken foot and was out for 5 months. Sometimes athletes continue with these type of injuries. We need to watch out for our own interests too. He sounds very interested still in RU but what happens if we accept his offer and he never gets 100% healthy again? We need to continue to recruit good players and hopefully Kwe becomes completely healthy again and he sticks with us. He speaks very highly of Eddie and RU and knows how much we have stood by him.

Sticking with a HS athlete as they recover from an injury is always the right thing to do. Look at the dividends Rutgers reaped by sticking with Nate Leonard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT