ADVERTISEMENT

Kwe Parker Down to Four, Announcing Soon

Or, possibly, RU has told him to keep that thought while RU is getting nibbles from a bigger fish??
If that's the case you can bet Parker will be using RU as a safety valve, like RU is doing to him.
My opinion is the kid is not really sure about the RU MBB program, even if he likes the coaching staff, and leaving his options open.

Reactions: RUJMM78 and treauRU
If that's the case you can bet Parker will be using RU as a safety valve, like RU is doing to him.
My opinion is the kid is not really sure about the RU MBB program, even if he likes the coaching staff, and leaving his options open.
The longer this recruiting process continues it certainly makes fans wonder if Parker is looking for a higher rated program.

The longer this recruiting process continues it certainly makes fans wonder if Parker is looking for a higher rated program.
Has me wondering if he's waiting on a certain school he wants to go to that haven't offered and will go there if they do
Can't be sure if he is doing that or not, but something is holding him back from committing.

At least if he is looking, he is doing it while he is uncommitted. I appreciate that. This season is gonna be pretty rough, so if he is wavering now in the summer, best he do it while uncommitted.

I take some moderate amount of comfort from the fact that it appears the other 3 in his top 4 have all either moved on or don't need him. We really need him, and he can get lots of playing time here right out of the gate, which will help his development. Hope he sees the opportunity and pulls the trigger soon.

Has ANYONE else even offered him?

Never mind..I just checked and he has offered from Wake, Nebraska, FSU ...and will make his decision in July...lol

Updated today on Kwe's status...unfortunately it wasn't much of an update. Still in a holding pattern waiting for a decision it would seem, but other factors definitely in play...but they don't seem to be so much related to other schools recruiting him, as they are personal ones.

I know that's completely vague, but honestly...this has gotten a bit strange even for me.

Has ANYONE else even offered him?

Never mind..I just checked and he has offered from Wake, Nebraska, FSU ...and will make his decision in July...lol

With the way things are dragging out, maybe he meant July of 2016. :rolleyes:

How long is too long to wait this kid out? I mean, c'mon!
I would say we wait as long as it takes. It's still early. I doubt we have many guys rated higher willing to commit and why just take a lesser guard? You can pick up lesser guards all over the place. Also, we are still actively recruiting guards according to the updates so it doesn't look like we are just sitting back doing nothing.

Damn, @BKIn118. Appreciate the update. Clearly this isn't trending in the right direction and although we are still in it for other top targets for 2016, I REALLY want to add Parker as a nice compliment to Corey. I hope Parker comes to his senses and joins R Family.

This is beginning to remind me of how long we had to wait on Rob Hodgson. I think that was almost a year as he left Indiana without playing a game when Bobby Knight told him he would red shirt. Rob went to Suffolk C.C. and I believe was a 4.0 student. He was going to go to Penn when he decided at the last moment to transfer to RU and play 3 years at RU. He never played for Suffolk. He was one outstanding player who was so unselfish. He was a true team player. He was someone who was really interested in education too. Let's hope the wait pays off for the best.

This is beginning to remind me of how long we had to wait on Rob Hodgson. I think that was almost a year as he left Indiana without playing a game when Bobby Knight told him he would red shirt. Rob went to Suffolk C.C. and I believe was a 4.0 student. He was going to go to Penn when he decided at the last moment to transfer to RU and play 3 years at RU. He never played for Suffolk. He was one outstanding player who was so unselfish. He was a true team player. He was someone who was really interested in education too. Let's hope the wait pays off for the best.

Not sure I get the Hodgson analogy. Parker is being recruited to sign in November for 2016 right? Hodgson we were waiting until early September to find out if he was coming for the school year that was already underway. I agree with all of you comments about RH but not sure the wait is the same.

Wake's top SG target, Eli Wright committed to Miss. State today. I hope Wake's not back in the picture for Kwe.

According to @TeamFeltonBasketball Kwe Parker will be announcing this decision in the fall

Link:

According to @TeamFeltonBasketball Kwe Parker will be announcing this decision in the fall

Link:
So if the time frame from his will announce soon tweet on July 19th is like this announcing in the fall:
We can expect Kwe to announce the University he will attend ,before his senior year in college is completed.[winking]

Like Clockwork.....some people see a hint of negative news......Here they come........looks like some things never change !!

He is delaying his decision, but, based on his comments it still looks like Rutgers is his leader. By the way.....I have family in High Point, North Carolina and have visited there LOTS of times in my life. It's a culture shock going from there to New Jersey.

Nothing wrong with making sure. Plus, he will get to see the 2015-16 Knights in action with their uptempo and pressing style that Jordan alluded to several times. He will then know that's the right place for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaKnight
Most should just relax. What will be will be. I'm sure we are recruiting several very good players. We will get a few.

this is a bit bizarre...my hunch (I have no inside info at all), is that this delay may be driven by our side...whether we're not showing him the same amount of love, or whatever. I just have a feeling the staff is having 2nd thoughts here...

just a hunch.

I guess it will all play out soon enough.

All I know is I heard ( on this board I think) Parker likes Florida but doesn't have an offer from them right now.
What worries me his having Florida on his list of schools he's considering, but doesn't have a Gator offer because I'm wondering what will happen if they offer and why hasn't Kwe made a decision , if a Florida offer isn't what he's waiting for.

All I know is I heard ( on this board I think) Parker likes Florida but doesn't have an offer from them right now.
What worries me his having Florida on his list of schools he's considering, but doesn't have a Gator offer because I'm wondering what will happen if they offer and why hasn't Kwe made a decision , if a Florida offer isn't what he's waiting for.

Not sure if this came from my post above, or if anyone can confirm or deny, but I think that is based on his twitter post of a final 4 including UF, and a Rivals page that does not show a UF offer. Based on some of the comments above, it sounds like all 3 of his top 4 other than RU have moved on. Certainly, Wake may be back in play now.

Unfortunately, I went from very excited about this prospect to assuming he will wind up at some school who will be late to the show, who has not yet offered and is not one of Kwe's 4 finalists. He will be a late addition to some school who has a last minute spot to fill.

Bottom line is if/when he chooses RU, I'm sure we'll welcome him with open arms.

However, if he doesn't want to be here, it certainly is better off that he doesn't come. We certainly don't want kids to "settle" on being here.

It seems like we recruited him very hard. It just might not be meant to be.

Doesn't seem to be looking good IMO (no inside info), I don't see Coach Vetrone's son tweeting "Kwe x C" anymore either. I just hope we can land a four star talent to 2016 to compliment Freeman and Corey as major pieces.

I try to not put that much effort into trying to figure out what an 18 y/o is going to do with his life.

What do I think of Parker as a player?He is decent. The biggest effect he would have is what he would do to Ahmed and Jenkins. As a single player, I don't think he beyond special. It's more everything else.

Like Clockwork.....some people see a hint of negative news......Here they come........looks like some things never change !!

He is delaying his decision, but, based on his comments it still looks like Rutgers is his leader. By the way.....I have family in High Point, North Carolina and have visited there LOTS of times in my life. It's a culture shock going from there to New Jersey.

Nothing wrong with making sure. Plus, he will get to see the 2015-16 Knights in action with their uptempo and pressing style that Jordan alluded to several times. He will then know that's the right place for him.
The longer Parker waits Rutgers chances has to diminish because the won/loss record especially in the B1G won't excite a recruit .

Reactions: bac2therac
Like other have hinted, I think the longer this goes on the smaller our chances get. Oh well. I liked Parker for the spark to other recruits more than his actual individual game.

We have to use our caps here. A 18 year old who 70% of his game stems from his athletic ability. Then he gets a broken foot. Might not be a bad thing if he doesn't come here. Some injuries are a lot worse than others.

Like other have hinted, I think the longer this goes on the smaller our chances get. Oh well. I liked Parker for the spark to other recruits more than his actual individual game.

We have to use our caps here. A 18 year old who 70% of his game stems from his athletic ability. Then he gets a broken foot. Might not be a bad thing if he doesn't come here. Some injuries are a lot worse than others.

HIGGINS...come on Buddy !! Now you are looking for things in his game to explain why we don't want him ?

This guy is great fit and I'm sure Jordan, Macon and Shoes are still working hard to get him, unless academics are a big issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim_from_RU
I see Higgins point.

IMHO, we should also consider that perhaps we do not necessarily need the most athletic kids we can get right now. TO get past the culture of losing, what we really need are guys who are grinders...willing to buy in to Eddie's system and work hard to get this thing turned around. Sometimes kids like this are getting by on raw talent, and that won't cut it in the college game.

I see Higgins point.

IMHO, we should also consider that perhaps we do not necessarily need the most athletic kids we can get right now. TO get past the culture of losing, what we really need are guys who are grinders...willing to buy in to Eddie's system and work hard to get this thing turned around. Sometimes kids like this are getting by on raw talent, and that won't cut it in the college game.
Above all else Rutgers needs players that can put the ball in the basket on a consistent basis.Decades of futility clearly show the mix of players recruited in the past weren't good enough but were the best available for Rutgers.

I see Higgins point.

Corey Chandler comes to mind...not that Parker would be a washout, but just thinking of a super-athletic recruit that didn't make it at D-1 level hoops.

Come on guys, really? I get it. You don't want to be disappointed in case he doesn't come here but sanders and parker would compliment each other great. He's a great player that would be one more step to getting us out of the bottom. I still believe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT