ADVERTISEMENT

Kwe Parker Down to Four, Announcing Soon

It seems like my fear is confirmed. He is waiting on the UF offer. Only thing that makes sense. He has had them up there all along, even without holding an offer.

I guess the kid really does not want to come here. A bird in hand beats two in the bush.
The kid has a right to go where he wants and to do it his way. But it is obvious that if he wanted Rutgers, this would have been done.
I love the talent but as a program we don't need and should not want a kid who is not sold on us. That leaves to much room for discontentment and a possible transfer down the line.
That being said he seems like a good kid and I wish him the best

That offer might not even materialize.

Very true. Maybe we are truly his #2, and he will commit RU and be happy with his decision. I sure hope so. But late suitors are going to come in on this kid and negative recruit us, so I think our odds go down now every day that passes. I know the staff will do their job and stay on it. I just hope we can come out on top.

Very true. Maybe we are truly his #2, and he will commit RU and be happy with his decision. I sure hope so. But late suitors are going to come in on this kid and negative recruit us, so I think our odds go down now every day that passes. I know the staff will do their job and stay on it. I just hope we can come out on top.

cant argue with a word of this

but what I said earlier - and this is what I am sticking to - the Freeman recruitment has given me a lot of faith in this staff. I thought we were dead in the water there. they showed me big brass b@lls by pulling that off

so, I will keep the faith until we're notified otherwise

but I get the nervous feelings...trust me, I have them also!

I follow UF recruiting pretty actively, and nowhere on any board or twitter or anything have I seen anything about UF and Kwe aside from his tweet. This may change -- but to date, I have seen nothing else linking them. no coaches watching him during his games or anything like that. Unless you guys know something I don't --which is possible-- I think its just more a kid taking his time, and a commitment date (which was not even set) changing, which happens all the time.

Less than 1/3rd of 2016 hoops prospects have committed. It is very early. As a comparison Sanders committed in September of '14 and that was sort of early. Relax.

Less than 1/3rd of 2016 hoops prospects have committed. It is very early. As a comparison Sanders committed in September of '14 and that was sort of early. Relax.
I hear ya but the difference here is the kid himself is setting dates and saying he's on the brink of a commitment.

Also the prospect of a sanders/Parker backcourt makes most of us stay up at night refreshing the forum and Twitter for a commitment :)

That insta pick has to be a good sign. That's not a coincidence.

When you flip your camera on an Iphone so that the screen is facing you when you take a picture, there is nothing to flip the image, so it looks like every picture is mirrored. Try it, the same thing will happen.

One thing's for sure, whether reverse imaged or not, a Rutgers t-shirt on that young man still looks like a perfect fit! [thumb2]:basketball::sunglasses:

Reactions: RC85 and SirScarlet
Sanders, Parker, Freeman and Co. is a recipe to get the RAC on fire again. First time I'm truly excited about RU hoops in quite a while.

Reactions: RUKeystone
One thing's for sure, whether reverse imaged or not, a Rutgers t-shirt on that young man still looks like a perfect fit! [thumb2]:basketball::sunglasses:

facebook-ads.jpg

Well, if nothing else, the 247sports prediction for Kwe continues to inch its way up in "R" favor - Friday it was 77% RU, Saturday it was 85%, and today it's 86% Rutgers. ...Now, all we need is THE tweet from the man himself to go along with it. :) [thumb2]:basketball:

What's their track record in being correct?

What's their track record in being correct?

Well, on the football side of things recently, they were right on Tymir Oliver and Patrice Rene giving RU their commits.

Like all recruiting predictions, though, until the kid himself makes the call it's all just guessing. -But it doesn't happen in a vacuum on 247. It's done by people who are recruiting analysts and the like, those who are supposedly much more "wired in" than just your everyday fan, so at a minimum, the guessing is educated guessing. And in the world of recruiting, until a prospect actually verbals that's about as much as you can hope for.

Wake is backing off of Parker because they're closing in on Eli Wright and Koby McEwen, who are better prospects than Parker. They backed off of Parker months ago. They have been hard after Eli Wright and Richard Washington. They have also scheduled an official visit with Koby McEwen. They didn't give Parker any attention during this past AAU season.

I like Parker since he is an NC kid, but he is over hyped right now. There is a reason why he went from being a Top 50 recruit to a borderline Top 100 recruit (and it really has very little to do with his injury, which was relatively minor). I also expect him to fall even further down in the rankings. I think he's going to end up anywhere from 125-150. He is a 6'2 (if that) guard who hasn't shown the ability to shoot it nor has he really shown a real talent for taking it to the hole. His real talent is his athleticism, where I expect him to shine on defense.

Only RU is recruiting Kwe Parker out of his Top four. The fact that Wake never scheduled an official visit after Kwe said he would like to take an official visit to places like Wake, Louisville and Florida is very telling. Wake isn't recruiting, nor are FSU or Florida.

Wake is backing off of Parker because they're closing in on Eli Wright and Koby McEwen, who are better prospects than Parker. They backed off of Parker months ago. They have been hard after Eli Wright and Richard Washington. They have also scheduled an official visit with Koby McEwen. They didn't give Parker any attention during this past AAU season.

I like Parker since he is an NC kid, but he is over hyped right now. There is a reason why he went from being a Top 50 recruit to a borderline Top 100 recruit (and it really has very little to do with his injury, which was relatively minor). I also expect him to fall even further down in the rankings. I think he's going to end up anywhere from 125-150. He is a 6'2 (if that) guard who hasn't shown the ability to shoot it nor has he really shown a real talent for taking it to the hole. His real talent is his athleticism, where I expect him to shine on defense.

Only RU is recruiting Kwe Parker out of his Top four. The fact that Wake never scheduled an official visit after Kwe said he would like to take an official visit to places like Wake, Louisville and Florida is very telling. Wake isn't recruiting, nor are FSU or Florida.

Parker still has a year left in hs to work on his jumper,three. When he gains weight, he will be able to drive more efficiently. Right now though, like you said, he should shine on defense and in transition. The rest of his game will come.

jagsfor07 said:

This is nonsense. Parker let Wake go after their reaction to the foot injury. There was no reason for Parker to waste an official visit on a school miles from his house, because an official visit is a fully paid for visit. That's what makes it official. I'm sure Kwe was more than happy paying the $2.75 for the tank of gas to and from campus, and it doesn't make sense to waste the official there.

Not sure where this guy came from, but he has no idea what he's talking about. Yes, Wake has moved on, but its because they are out of the picture. And as far as the injury, he broke his foot, and wasn't able to play for a substantial amount of time. For a kid whose greatest attribute is his athleticism, I'd say it was a concerning injury, and he still says he's only 80% back.

You know, it sounds a lot like Hyp3. Completely off base and full of crap. Haven't seen him here for quite a while, wouldn't be surprised.

. I think he's going to end up anywhere from 125-150. He is a 6'2 (if that) guard who hasn't shown the ability to shoot it nor has he really shown a real talent for taking it to the hole. His real talent is his athleticism, where I expect him to shine on defense. .

So, he's a 6'2 guard with athleticism, an ability to shine on D and will be ranked about 125 in the USA.

I think we can squeeze him in here at RU (with open arms)

Reactions: RUMountie
I know nothing about Kwe's recruitment, but if Wake, who has gone 13-19/17-16/13-18/13-18 the past four seasons is "backing off" a Top 150 kid I'll eat my hat.

Reactions: chiefs1956
Just curious,
Is Kwe taking his time to make certain of his choice before giving his commitment? So when he does he's 100% solid...

Or
Is he taking his time to see if he gets a better offer? So even if we get his verbal in that case he's not solid anyway?

Just curious,
Is Kwe taking his time to make certain of his choice before giving his commitment? So when he does he's 100% solid...

Or
Is he taking his time to see if he gets a better offer? So even if we get his verbal in that case he's not solid anyway?

Or, possibly, RU has told him to keep that thought while RU is getting nibbles from a bigger fish??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT