ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: CKLV Tournament Updates

We’re both Rutgers fans.

Lewis. Gravina. Ashnault.

It’s not one guy. And I hate it too. Ash lost to Kevin jack? Over a late slap at midlands? A few years ago.

For better or worse, our guys do it too.

We can definitely be on the "chippy" side, that's for sure. DeSanto is on another level with some of the antics he did last year. I was expecting a flying armbar in the final seconds lol.

I question if you're an RU fan. You strike me as a PSU fan in RU fan's clothing aka a troll.

Go to the PSU board and you’ll see that’s not true.

What makes me not an RU fan to you? I won’t worship the scarlet R.

Iowa and Penn state duals were borderline boxing matches. Ashnault lost over an at the whistle head slap.

You don’t have to like what I say but that doesn’t make it false.

Go to the PSU board and you’ll see that’s not true.

What makes me not an RU fan to you? I won’t worship the scarlet R.

Iowa and Penn state duals were borderline boxing matches. Ashnault lost over an at the whistle head slap.

You don’t have to like what I say but that doesn’t make it false.
To quote Sensei John Kreese, "This is a wrestling match, not a knitting class." I want a team with a blue collar, chip on their shoulder mentality, a little meanness. Probably better than the country club hand holding team you coach.

Reactions: Leonard23
To quote Sensei John Kreese, "This is a Karate dojo, not a knitting class." I want a team with a blue collar, chip on their shoulder mentality. Probably better than the country club hand holding team you coach.

So which is it? Do our guys get too head slappy and you’re proud? Or do we not do that and Desanto wouldn’t fit in?

And I coached at a rough school district. When as a volunteer coach your team walks you to your car because “they know you aren’t local. You’ll be mugged”... I would say it’s anything but country club.

And if one of those kids did something like what RU did in PSU/IOWA they’d be on the bench.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I was given flack for criticizing Leonardis and saying we should upgrade upperweight assistants back in the summer. My criticism back then now looks pretty warranted.
Our upperweights from 184 to Hwt look absolutely horrendous. Something needs to be done with whoever recruits and coach's this area. They're not just losing but getting crushed to average and below average wrestlers. This is a huge disappointment.

Absolutely horrible. I agree, there needs to be some sort of change in regards to the upper weights..these kids arent developing and are seemingly getting worse .
I don't know why anyone is surprised. People have unrealistic expectations based on the talent we have and what we've seen from them. We knew coming into this season that we had (i) 2 potential national champs in Suriano and Ashnault, (ii) fingers crossed for JVB and/or Gravina to breakthrough to AA, (iii) huge holes at 125, 141, 184 without Gravina and HWT, (iv) an undersized frosh at 165, and (v) average 174. Grello hasn't shown much to warrant any expectations. Correnti is really the only one underperforming and that's just based on him being an NCAA qualifier 2 seasons ago. He looks very sluggish and that may be due to trying to bulk up and then cutting back down. Boy that RS year was a waste too.

Is anyone else nervous that we will lose to Rider if they wrestle like this? This is prob the worst I have seen this team in 15 years. Jest a terrible performance
No. We'll beat Rider.
Only 22, just seems like he has been around forever. As RU fans, we cannot complain about anyone's ages when we have two 6th year guys wrestling. Lol
Kolodzik is the same age as Ash. I hate the nonsense of kids being held back for a year or 2 for athletic advantage.

AA NEEDS TO ATTACH AGAIN , GETTING TOO CAUTIOUS, BUT HAS A BIG LEAD, HE SMART

Ash wins but what was up with that 3rd period? I realize Jordan is elite but 3 takedowns in the 3rd?

It’s December and ash isn’t at peak conditioning. He’ll hit the treadmill and the stairs and be ready for March. I agree though that the third period (and most of second) looked like a totally different ashnault than we are accustomed.

Reactions: bigmatt718
It’s December and ash isn’t at peak conditioning. He’ll hit the treadmill and the stairs and be ready for March. I agree though that the third period (and most of second) looked like a totally different ashnault than we are accustomed.
Treadmill and stairs are useless. only way to get in wrestling shape is more live wrestling. Tom Ryan would have us wrestle live for 30-60 mins at times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT