ADVERTISEMENT

No. 1 seed Rutgers Women’s Soccer hosted No. 2 seed Arkansas for the Quarterfinals on Friday, And Won going to the College Cup!

yes-baby.gif

They outplayed then in ot, but having the pk experience I think helped them. Goalie is outstanding

I think TCU was a better team than Arkansas. Arkansas had size and some speed up front. But not a ton of technical and tactical skill.

Reactions: fg7321
Arkansas's style definitely presented problems for us most of the game, but RU persevered. Once again our ladies had guts of steel down the stretch. Let's do this... 2 more wins!

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
they're cranking "Glory Days" by Springsteen over the loudspeakers at Yurcak--perfect ending to a fantastic game!!

To win just once would be enough
For those who've lost in life and love
For those who've lost their guile and nerve
Their innocence, and their drive and verve
For those who feel they've been mistreated
Discriminated, robbed or cheated
To claim one victory inspired
To win just once is their desire

To win just once
To win just once
To win just once
That would be enough

To win just once against the odds
And once be smiled on by the gods...

Keeping hope alive for RU's first team NCAA title!

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Those pictures after the PKs = "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat"
Many tears on the Arkansas side with the camera especially finding their goalie.
It's always emotional for the seniors for whom this was their last game in college. It's a beautiful and a sad moment for them as they move on with their lives. My two surrogate daughters went to U. of Arkansas, so I have a special place in my heart for the Razorbacks. And then of course there's @Southern Gentleman, who's top shelf in his own right. WPS, and GO RU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT