ADVERTISEMENT

No. 1 seed Rutgers Women’s Soccer hosted No. 2 seed Arkansas for the Quarterfinals on Friday, And Won going to the College Cup!

The entire game thread was absolutely fine and an enjoyable read. Not sure how anyone has any sort of problem with it.

With BYU still alive, I wonder what would happen to the final if they make it that far. BYU doesn't play spotting events on Sundays.

Was there also. They didn't have an answer for Ali or Riley & once again Sam played a whale of a game. Daigle, Gabby, & Emma also had great games. Truth be told all the ladies played very well. Congrats Ladies! On to Santa Clara! GO RU!
Dad the first 10 minute overtime was the best we have played maybe all year just dominated the girls from the back making all kinds of runs
Only slight thing is we don’t take the ball wide enough and then the few times we did when we make good crosses we don’t have enough girls in the box but on to FSU and as I said they are going to be tough have to play our BEST to win

Daigle was very good last night. She likes to hold the ball & dribble, though she has been moving it better the last few games & very well last night.
Arkansas' throw everything forward attack, left them very vulnerable to counterattack & it gave Kaylie room to run in the middle & she did. She has grown.
I agree even without Frankie and Amirah the future is so bright!!
The toughest one to replace is going to be Gabby!!! She is such a rock back there and she was definitely hurting but that didn’t stop her she even made some great runs from the back!!

Reactions: Loyal-Son
We’ll they are going to have to!!!
BYU will not play.....the NCAA used to make schedule changes for BYU(if they made the sweet 16 in B-ball and were scheduled to play on Sunday, NCAA said they would change it). However, this April, the NCAA voted to not make any adjustments to schedules to eliminate Sunday play. BYU stated they will not play....https://magazine.byu.edu/article/ncaa-changes-sunday-competition-policy/

Reactions: 17Q66
BYU will not play.....the NCAA used to make schedule changes for BYU(if they made the sweet 16 in B-ball and were scheduled to play on Sunday, NCAA said they would change it). However, this April, the NCAA voted to not make any adjustments to schedules to eliminate Sunday play. BYU stated they will not play....https://magazine.byu.edu/article/ncaa-changes-sunday-competition-policy/

So we are (potentially) 1 win away from winning the tournament!

• Haha
Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
I agree even without Frankie and Amirah the future is so bright!!
The toughest one to replace is going to be Gabby!!! She is such a rock back there and she was definitely hurting but that didn’t stop her she even made some great runs from the back!!

No doubt Gabby is great. However, Courtney Ruedt did not play much this year, but when she did I liked her very much. Believe she can step in at CB. Also we have a big Austrian CB from Florida coming in who is supposed to be very good & whose video looked very good. We have both our outside backs returning plus Kassidy Banks who I hope will improve. We should be OK on D.

No doubt Gabby is great. However, Courtney Ruedt did not play much this year, but when she did I liked her very much. Believe she can step in at CB. Also we have a big Austrian CB from Florida coming in who is supposed to be very good & whose video looked very good. We have both our outside backs returning plus Kassidy Banks who I hope will improve. We should be OK on D.

Here is a link to the bios of our 3 signees in this class.

Do you have any additional comments on any of the 3?

And I guess it is a small class because not many players graduating?
Any chance more than 3 will join the class?

Dad the first 10 minute overtime was the best we have played maybe all year just dominated the girls from the back making all kinds of runs
Only slight thing is we don’t take the ball wide enough and then the few times we did when we make good crosses we don’t have enough girls in the box but on to FSU and as I said they are going to be tough have to play our BEST to win
It’s possible the players were instructed to remain fairly compact even going forward, given Arkansas’s ability to counterattack so quickly and effectively. Recovery runs, in transition, are a lot shorter and faster if coming down the middle of the field, and not from out wide.

And along with that, the players were judicious in the numbers game, especially during regulation time, avoiding over-committing in the attack. Not sure that was a planned strategy or coincidental. But it was smart, either way.

Some stats: 4,672 in attendance. Not quite as big as the Michigan crowd but still a great & lively crowd on a cold blustery night, plus Michigan probably had a sizeable no of more fans than did Arkansas; seven of our girls played the full 110 minutes, counting Meg it was eight. Riley & Amirah both played 105: Sam played 80, going full bore all over the field. Then Riley, Amirah, Becci & Meg all stepped up to bury their penalty shots. Pretty impressive I'd say. By contrast Arkansas looked a bit gassed.

Last edited:
Reactions: FoxRU

Stats from the game. Looks like we outplayed Arkansas in most aspects of the game, barring the score line. And had 58% of the possession. Have to say I’m a bit surprised by that but maybe it’s mostly from OT.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
BYU beats South Carolina going away (4-1). Hopefully NCAA will set the College Cup schedule soon.

So if BYU makes it to the final the NCAA will accommodate their "we will not play on Sunday"
stance?

Apparently so with two dates listed on the bracket. To me, having all other schools accommodate a single NCAA member schools religious beliefs seems a bit ridiculous at a D-1 level.
I like it. It would be ridiculous to strip the championship chances away from a team because of religious beliefs. There is no real harm on playing the title game on Monday if that's what happens.

I like it. It would be ridiculous to strip the championship chances away from a team because of religious beliefs. There is no real harm on playing the title game on Monday if that's what happens.
Yes there is I was thinking of going but definitely can’t stay the extra day with the uncertainty also if booking a flight

Losing he number of fans that might not travel because of that possibility is a small IMO compared to letting a team maintain their religious beliefs and still compete for the crown. Others may disagree.

Besides, Santa Clara could make it a moot point. They beat BYU 1-0 earlier this season.

Close up of replay of first kik shows it moved about 1 panel but I do not feel it made a difference.

If you look closely as the 1st Arkansas PKer approaces the ball it rotates slightly back toward her. I wonder if that threw her off as her shot appeared to have little behind it?
Agreed I told my daughter that the wind probably moved it she got off a very weak kick

Reactions: knightfan7
We should all be pulling hard for BYU to win Friday night. The last thing you want is to have to play the defending national champs on their home turf in the final. Just my opinion, I know, but I think it makes sense.

We should all be pulling hard for BYU to win Friday night. The last thing you want is to have to play the defending national champs on their home turf in the final. Just my opinion, I know, but I think it makes sense.

Give me Santa Clara. Don't want to stay out there an extra day.

It would be an ironic twist if a wind burst impacted their PK. The wind picked up in the second half and they had a huge advantage throughout that and the first OT as well.

Saw the ball move in the 2nd video. Not sure if it impacted the shooter or not. Our girls looked loose theirs did not.

It would be an ironic twist if a wind burst impacted their PK. The wind picked up in the second half and they had a huge advantage throughout that and the first OT as well.
agree with the wind but in that first ot we kept the ball on the ground and made great runs form the back and dominated the 10 minutes;

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT