ADVERTISEMENT

No. 1 seed Rutgers Women’s Soccer hosted No. 2 seed Arkansas for the Quarterfinals on Friday, And Won going to the College Cup!

Dude, STFU
TIRED OF YOUR NEGATIVE CRAP IN ANY GAME THREAD

Going through this entire thread, you (RUtrack) are the only one being so negative in multiple posts.

I get that some fans might have negative thoughts, but just some advice - you don’t have to POST every one of those thoughts. Then people won’t have to get on your case.

Given Fl St is the overall #1, I’d be surprised if we weren’t the first game. Two unseeded teams play in the other game, one of them the host school.
Any idea when the championship game will be played if we win Friday?

I think TCU was a better team than Arkansas. Arkansas had size and some speed up front. But not a ton of technical and tactical skill.
Yep was saying that on the way out of the game. We were lucky to get by TCU truth be told we were the better team tonight from the second half on. We also did it without Frankie T most of the way. there is definitely something wrong with her.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Yep was saying that on the way out of the game. We were lucky to get by TCU truth be told we were the better team tonight from the second half on. We also did it without Frankie T most of the way. there is definitely something wrong with her.
I said the same as we left the game also. Tonight after 20 min mark in the first half we were the better team. Arkansas is a dangerous team but we were tactically better. The first 20 was scary tho….they we very fast up front. I thought the weather had us a little disjointed to begin the game also. The wind was howling and it was cold. So happy for this team, they deserved this!

Just got home from game. Great game and great crowd! Arkansas was dangerous - kept attacking the right side of our D and was extremely dangerous on their corner kicks. Overall, RU was the better team and deserved the win. Got great games from Ali, Riley, Kroeger, Daigle, Gabby. People have been critical of Riley on this site and I don’t get it. IMO she is an Uber-talented superstar in the making - she was completely dominant whenever she had the ball. Her and Ali are future pro’s.

I said the same as we left the game also. Tonight after 20 min mark in the first half we were the better team. Arkansas is a dangerous team but we were tactically better. The first 20 was scary tho….they we very fast up front. I thought the weather had us a little disjointed to begin the game also. The wind was howling and it was cold. So happy for this team, they deserved this!
Agree. Thought their speed & 8 forward pressure caught us a bit. But as you say after the first 20 min we were the better team. Could have been 5-2 RU. But once again the women showed toughness, grit & the will to win. Arkansas was good but TCU was better.

Just got home from game. Great game and great crowd! Arkansas was dangerous - kept attacking the right side of our D and was extremely dangerous on their corner kicks. Overall, RU was the better team and deserved the win. Got great games from Ali, Riley, Kroeger, Daigle, Gabby. People have been critical of Riley on this site and I don’t get it. IMO she is an Uber-talented superstar in the making - she was completely dominant whenever she had the ball. Her and Ali are future pro’s.
Was there also. They didn't have an answer for Ali or Riley & once again Sam played a whale of a game. Daigle, Gabby, & Emma also had great games. Truth be told all the ladies played very well. Congrats Ladies! On to Santa Clara! GO RU!

I think Riley T is clearly is our most dangerous player and as she goes so does this team on the offensive end. She is able to create offense for herself and has the ability to set up other players in ways no one else on this team can do.

I also thought the insertion of Daigle replacing Frankie T in the 2nd half changed the entire momentum of the game. She came on when we couldn't get the ball out of our end and immediately she was able to deal with the pressure and start the attack. O'Neill removed her for a few minutes and the pressure ensued again. Once he reinserted Daigle we started attacking again. She played a great game. Was a true difference maker.

Congratulations to RU Women's Soccer for advancing to the Final Four (College Cup)!
Wow! Good Luck in California! GO RU!

Santa Clara and the winner tomorrow of BYU/South Carolina. Rutgers half of the draw has 2 #1 seeds. Santa Clara and South Carolina are unseeded while BYU is a 4 seed. Santa Clara will have an advantage as the home team and defending champion.

Not going to go read this thread as some above have implied there’s some negativity in it … was at the game and can’t figure out anything anyone could complain about. Amazing crowd, instant classic game against a top-8 team one of the great days in Rutgers sports history and glad I was there. Riley Tiernen will go down as the beat soccer player to have played at Rutgers and yea that included Carli Lloyd and Casey Murphy, just wait. Goodnight

Not going to go read this thread as some above have implied there’s some negativity in it … was at the game and can’t figure out anything anyone could complain about. Amazing crowd, instant classic game against a top-8 team one of the great days in Rutgers sports history and glad I was there. Riley Tiernen will go down as the beat soccer player to have played at Rutgers and yea that included Carli Lloyd and Casey Murphy, just wait. Goodnight

The only people complaining are those turning the game on for the first time (bandwagon). Couldn't make it tonight but I'll be in CA Friday.

That is very silly

Read the whole thread - it is a good read.
It is not your typical football or basketball thread from a game where we are getting crushed.
Our team played well so there was not much to complain about.

It’s great to see a Rutgers women’s soccer thread this long!
Hope to read 2 more such threads next weekend!

I think Riley T is clearly is our most dangerous player and as she goes so does this team on the offensive end. She is able to create offense for herself and has the ability to set up other players in ways no one else on this team can do.

I also thought the insertion of Daigle replacing Frankie T in the 2nd half changed the entire momentum of the game. She came on when we couldn't get the ball out of our end and immediately she was able to deal with the pressure and start the attack. O'Neill removed her for a few minutes and the pressure ensued again. Once he reinserted Daigle we started attacking again. She played a great game. Was a true difference maker.
This pretty much nails it from what I saw.

With these two freshmen along with another in Mason who also played well, the future is very bright. Keeping the top Jersey talent home is huge, especially when it represents elite, national-level talent.

Daigle was very good last night. She likes to hold the ball & dribble, though she has been moving it better the last few games & very well last night.
Arkansas' throw everything forward attack, left them very vulnerable to counterattack & it gave Kaylie room to run in the middle & she did. She has grown.

Sure was a great crowd & a great night. Congrats Ladies! GO RU!

Reactions: richthedentist
Another nail biter. Exciting stuff they just need to clean up controlling the ball in their own end. Great game by the girls keep rocking!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT