ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cespedes to Mets for 2 pitching prospects (not Wheeler)

The Nats starter seemed to have a pretty good book on Cespedes at bat last night. He was an absolute sucker for a slider low and away each time up. Instead of going with it and trying to drive it to the right side he tried to pull it and was early on it. If this continues we'll see a steady stream of groundouts to short and 3rd like we saw last nite. He also strikes out a lot so he should fit in well with the rest of the team.

Being that this is his first time in the National League I'm not sure if this is to his advantage or if he will struggle at bat. Since this is his 4th team in the last 12 months I'm thinking that he's not an asset in the clubhouse. Mets don't have much of an investment in him so he may be worth taking a chance on, for now.
You think it might have been because he was naturally pressing in his first game with his new team?

I don't care if YC breaks his leg tomorrow the fact that the Yankees did not get him is the cherry on the top

You think it might have been because he was naturally pressing in his first game with his new team?

Don't know. Obviously I don't like him as a ball player but we'll have to see what happens. I'm not ready to declare him the next Jason Bay yet.

I want to see the Mets win the NL East so I want to see Cespedes succeed. But he's got some red flags out there. Wouldn't you agree ?

I agree. The Yankees lead the lead in HRs, slugging like crazy. What the Yanks needed was big starting pitcher for the playoffs. Cashman said he was torn, and decided to stay pat. They have a hot starting pitcher in triple A , Severino or something like that. Pineda now on the DL, Sabathia looks washed up, but Nova and Evoldi looking solid. Tanaka looks good , but he's pitching on borrowed time with his elbow.

He was never gonna be a Yankee.

Don't know. Obviously I don't like him as a ball player but we'll have to see what happens. I'm not ready to declare him the next Jason Bay yet.

I want to see the Mets win the NL East so I want to see Cespedes succeed. But he's got some red flags out there. Wouldn't you agree ?

Yes but IMO the Mets need a little spunk in the line-up, a little 'tude. Harvey brings it for the pitching staff, maybe Cespedes brings a presence to the batting order. This team needs a fire lit under it's ass. Case and point...Lucas Duda. The one thing I hated about Piazza was that I thought he was a softy. Him and the Mets lack of retaliation against Clemens caused me to mock them myself until Harvey came on in 2013. The 2006 team, which I honestly couldn't stand, was one of the softest baseball teams I've seen. I'm not saying this team has to be the '86 team who started bench clearers every few weeks but my God at some point Id be pissed that people think of my franchise as a big joke. Id be interested to hear what Zappa's take is on the Mets now and historically as a franchise. His dad was my dad's boyhood hero and until the Yanks treated him like dirt when they fired him, my dad was a Yanks fan. But would eventually convert to Mets and never went back. I go back and forth depending on the make up of each team. This year I like both squads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT