ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Could the snow drought end next weekend (1/7)? Maybe...

Here's a pic just b4 sunset... gorgeous out there - you can see the little kids sledding across the street in the distance. Not much of a hill, but was great fun when our son and his friends were under about 9 or 10.

QToKD1X.png
Where is that in Metuchen? My grandson is 20 months old and seeing snow for the first time (the videos are great). He lives off of Woodbridge Ave and that hill looks perfect for him. If we get wrap around tomorrow I’ll bring him there. Roosevelt park is a bit too much for him at this age.

Check that I see it’s on Lake.

Reactions: RU848789
As of 6:30 pm, it's been snowing moderately for the last hour at 33F and we only got another 1/4", which I think means we had some compaction as the snow is fairly wet, so we're up to 1.75" right now and my 2" prediction looks very doable.

Where is that in Metuchen? My grandson is 20 months old and seeing snow for the first time (the videos are great). He lives off of Woodbridge Ave and that hill looks perfect for him. If we get wrap around tomorrow I’ll bring him there. Roosevelt park is a bit too much for him at this age.

Check that I see it’s on Lake.
Right across the street! We'll bring you hot chocolate - actually our son and his GF are coming over and I told them we need to go sledding...

I think our mountains push closer to 600 feet. LOL! Got a lot of land added to the county preserve. It’s one of the true gems in our area.
cant wait to check out the new spot off wertsville, sourlands never gets old!

All snow and cold in West Morris county area. Roads were not good ....maybe about 3 inches and counting.

Reactions: RUkhoury
Who predicted rain..be careful considering its raining in half of new Jersey currently
+1
Once again, the people that took a levelheaded approach without wishcasting were right. EB was essentially black top on roads.

I got about 2 inches in scotch plains. Haters were posting memes predicting rain. Glad I listened to #s this afternoon and didnt expect rain. The kids and I went out and built our first snow man together. It was perfect packing snow.

Who said rain...i said coating to 2 inches central jersey

Overwhelmingly this thread said we would get some snow before changeover to rain
The wishcasters are trying to rewrite their predictions and expectations. We see this happen all the time. No dice! :)

Reactions: bac2therac
I got about 2 inches in scotch plains. Haters were posting memes predicting rain. Glad I listened to #s this afternoon and didnt expect rain. The kids and I went out and built our first snow man together. It was perfect packing snow.
Congrats! I guess if it wasn't for posters on a college sports board you (nor anyone in your family) would have never bothered to look out the window today to see the meager amount of snow. You guys almost missed it! LOL.

200.gif

Last edited:
Its going to keep going northwest...rain is the most likely scenario

Lots of desperate wishcasting in this thread! LOL. But sooner or later we will get something.

Any surprise?

there may be areas that end up doing well with this sunday wrapup east of the hudson and north and west but very rare for that to happen in central jersey especially with the warm tongue

even with the snowier solutions which have a ridiculous gradient, you have basically every red tag met telling you to discount snow maps yet you keep clinging to them

The thread is becoming comical. The wishcasting has reached all-time highs! I guess this is what happens after a year of no snow.

Still snowing in Hillsborough. I say 1.5 so far

Still snowing in No. Plfd. Probably 1.5 on the ground everything covered - it actually looks nice out there.

As of 6:30 pm, it's been snowing moderately for the last hour at 33F and we only got another 1/4", which I think means we had some compaction as the snow is fairly wet, so we're up to 1.75" right now and my 2" prediction looks very doable.
Looks like the Mean Girls lose again.
Game Over No GIF by CBC

You’ve got the middle school clique (aka the haters) all worked up and scrambling. Excellent work.

They came in a bunch with multiple posts trying and failing to troll. You trolled ‘em all with a single post. They should take notes.

Fun stuff.

Reactions: RU848789 and TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT