ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Grateful Dead Fare Thee Well (last show)

"I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac"...from Hotel California by the Eagles

From "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley.

Also don't understand the Dead - outside of maybe 4 or 5 songs that have wider appeal, it's all sounds the same and never seems to end. I also was repulsed by the hippies that followed them around when I went to a couple of shows in the early 90s. That said, to each their own
injest one blotter acid (Mr. Natural preferred), listen to any live album with headphones, and report back.

Reactions: okieKnight
Well the long strange trip ends tonight. Below is a link to the audio of tonight's show. Enjoy the sweet sounds from one of the greatest bands to have ever toured and one of the best guitarist that will ever live.

Audio Link
Didnt the grateful dead end when Jerry Garcia died?

I didn't catch the shows this weekend but back in the day I was a fan of the Dead. Cant say I was a fan of the extended jams but thought that within the structure of a 7 or 8 minute song they were great. The last event I worked as an usher at the RAC was the Grateful Dead concert in 1981. One of my frat brothers and I had the center section in the 200's which allowed access to the floor. We charged $5 to any Dead Head who wanted to get down there without a ticket. Made enough to buy beer for senior week.

Reactions: Bones131
Was in Chicago this past weekend visiting family. The cult following was ridiculous. The hippies haven't changed. Except they are now 60 years old. One memorable scene...one decked out 70-something Deadhead was pushing his fellow 70-something Deadhead buddy in his wheelchair through Grant Park heading towards the concert - the guy in the wheelchair says to the other, "Hey man, gimme your weed...no one is going to search a cripple going thru security"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT