ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2023 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Escobar is exceptional defensively and when he's hot he's a killer on offense. Its unfortunate he's so streaky.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
^ Escobar is exceptional defensively and when he's hot he's a killer on offense. Its unfortunate he's so streaky.
Escobar has been terrible defensively the last few years. Eye test and metrics agree.

I guess it is a good thing that we have plus defensive players at C/SS/CF/RF and at least average in LF/2B - so, it leaves our corner Inf that may be below average.
But, I can live with a below average 1B that rakes .270 40+ 120+ and a 3B if we can get at least .250 25 /80 out of the position.

How do you break a rib pitching?
I am going to say that either...he had some sort of minor thing going on from something else or- damn- if you break down what a body is doing at throwing a ball 90+ MPH- anything can break at any time...lol
We all seem to forget at times when we twist an ankle walking down the street, what these guys are actually doing.

I am going to say that either...he had some sort of minor thing going on from something else or- damn- if you break down what a body is doing at throwing a ball 90+ MPH- anything can break at any time...lol
We all seem to forget at times when we twist an ankle walking down the street, what these guys are actually doing.
Hope he didn't do something that he hasn't shared with team officials.

We have an old starting rotation. It's very unlikely that it won't be an issue this year. It's more likely a matter of how much of an issue.

We have an old starting rotation. It's very unlikely that it won't be an issue this year. It's more likely a matter of how much of an issue.
Agree,so here's hoping a mid season trade brings an established arm or a couple minor league flamethrowers get a shot.

Brooks Raley left the USA WBC team because of injury. Not sure what it is so something to monitor. We seem to have a lot better bullpen depth this year. I think Bryce Montes de Oca or BMDO has his breakout this year.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
BMDO had walked 65 guys in 85 innings in the last two years in the minors. That’s not in the deep past. Those are his recent stats, and they’re horrific. He’ll need an immediate sea change in his control to be a viable steady contributor in the majors.

BMDO had walked 65 guys in 85 innings in the last two years in the minors. That’s not in the deep past. Those are his recent stats, and they’re horrific. He’ll need an immediate sea change in his control to be a viable steady contributor in the majors.
Yup he needs to get his control under control. Pardon the pun.

Raley update.

mister rogers middle finger GIF

What more does this kid have to do to win a roster spot and start at 3b?
Brett Baty is already 2-for-2 tonight, bringing his spring average up to .458

Reactions: tico brown
Mauricio bomb followed by Marte getting hit in head two batters later.
Marte walked straight off field

Final roster spots on offense are going to be tough- time to just let Ruf go. But Baty/Mauricio/Vientos all deserving - Locastro has earned a spot as well.
Most likely see MAuricio go down no matter what as he has to learn a new position. But all concerns about him after the winter/spring he has had...should be gone. Even his eye at the plate has made him MLB ready and that was the biggest concern.
Also love seeing so many of our stars also have had a good spring as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT