ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We may win the World Cup in 2026

Jones needs to take that ball into the box before passing when there’s no decent-percentage threatening run. The pressure on the D ramps up significantly with the ball inside the box.

I’d like to see more central midfielder presence. There was some, and it was disruptive to Slovenia.

Luna is interesting. Not sure about his fitness, unless he’s just really big boned. Also gives up a lot of height which could be an issue with some opponents.

Did anyone play their way into the "real" National Team selection pool? Other than the few guys who were already in it (Miles Robinson, Shaq Moore, Malik Tillman, etc)

I think not.

Did anyone play their way into the "real" National Team selection pool? Other than the few guys who were already in it (Miles Robinson, Shaq Moore, Malik Tillman, etc)

I think not.
Malik Tillman is a huge piece for us but he didn't play today - Tim Tillman did. Hard to judge based on snippets of one match but I have doubts really any of these guys will have an impact - minus Robinson I suppose - for us certainly near term. I never saw it with Shaq Moore for what it's worth. And the fact that Robinson is heading to MLS is a bit of a bummer.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Malik Tillman is a huge piece for us but he didn't play today - Tim Tillman did. Hard to judge based on snippets of one match but I have doubts really any of these guys will have an impact - minus Robinson I suppose - for us certainly near term. I never saw it with Shaq Moore for what it's worth. And the fact that Robinson is heading to MLS is a bit of a bummer.
Are you confusing Miles Robinson with Antonee Robinson (aka Jedi)? Antonee has been playing well for Fulham.

I was reacting to your comment that Robinson was "heading to the MLS"- hasn't he always been in the MLS?
There is merit to the comment.

At the end of the MLS season, M. Robinson's contract with Atlanta had expired. It was assumed by some that he was off to Europe. However I guess the offers he was hoping for did not materialize. He wound up re-upping with MLS, this time with Cincinnati. So he is "heading BACK to the MLS", which I assume is considered disappointing to the USMNT, or at least to some of its fans.

Reactions: rutger80
There is merit to the comment.

At the end of the MLS season, M. Robinson's contract with Atlanta had expired. It was assumed by some that he was off to Europe. However I guess the offers he was hoping for did not materialize. He wound up re-upping with MLS, this time with Cincinnati. So he is "heading BACK to the MLS", which I assume is considered disappointing to the USMNT, or at least to some of its fans.
He made some comment somewhere about how the money is better for him in MLS. Which leads me to believe that he wasn't getting offers from the bigger European clubs.

I

is this any surprise? look at Jerry's world. Look at MetLife. Which stadium looks like it should be hosting the final of the most watched sporting event in the world?
Sad but true.

I am guessing Logistics are a huge Factor also. We all remember what an absolute cluster the Super Bowl was in this area

Sad but true.

I am guessing Logistics are a huge Factor also. We all remember what an absolute cluster the Super Bowl was in this area
Murphy was/is ready to move heaven and earth to make sure that would not have happened again if we were to get the WC final. but the suckiness of metlife sealed it, imo.

Luna is interesting. Not sure about his fitness, unless he’s just really big boned. Also gives up a lot of height which could be an issue with some opponents.
I've been a big fan of Luna's...he was really solid for the u20 squad. He's also eligible for Mexico so I worry about them swooping in at the end, but there hasn't been too much smoke to this point. I assume he'll feature prominently for the Olympic team this summer.

Some examples of how utterly crappy MetLife is compared to other major stadiums built recently. if you notice...all of these newer stadiums have some sort of roof (either retractable of fixed) or some coverage for the fans. metlife is a soul-less bowl that exposes every fan to all the elements:

Sofi:

Allegiant:

HG6CR24PSFBNNKYYCUNL3PBXME.jpg

MB Stadium

yzbwhumpv3mva7lzeggg.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London)

GettyImages-1347067108-e1694641139236.jpg

AT&T

44171550-7800-11ed-bfef-2eb107903aa5

MetLife

krxzfzg6qtbhnkhsuljw

Last edited:
Let's not get carried away. It was a nice goal. But nothing to be going crazy about. Weaker foot, well struck with a little bend. Not going to get anywhere near a puskas award.

Some examples of how utterly crappy MetLife is compared to other major stadiums built recently. if you notice...all of these newer stadiums have some sort of roof (either retractable of fixed) or some coverage for the fans. metlife is a soul-less bowl that exposes every fan to all the elements:

Sofi:

Allegiant:

HG6CR24PSFBNNKYYCUNL3PBXME.jpg

MB Stadium

yzbwhumpv3mva7lzeggg.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London)

GettyImages-1347067108-e1694641139236.jpg

AT&T

44171550-7800-11ed-bfef-2eb107903aa5

MetLife

krxzfzg6qtbhnkhsuljw
Met Life is a joke compared to the newer builds. It’s not even close.

Nottingham Forest in talks with Dortmund to bring in Reyna.

Gio getting lots of criticism online for lack of minutes. Know he’s only been there a few weeks and it’s an adjustment to join the EPL.

Hope his head is straight - kid is so much potential.

Gio getting lots of criticism online for lack of minutes. Know he’s only been there a few weeks and it’s an adjustment to join the EPL.

Hope his head is straight - kid is so much potential.
He's starting to approach the stage of his career where, despite his age, he's going to get written off as a bust. It's been 4-5 years since he burst onto the scene and hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to carve out a role for himself or even establish his best position.

He's starting to approach the stage of his career where, despite his age, he's going to get written off as a bust. It's been 4-5 years since he burst onto the scene and hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to carve out a role for himself or even establish his best position.
I have only ever seen him with the USMNT or in a couple vids posted here. So a very limited perspective.

What I saw from him with the USMNT was decent ability to hold and create. But he seemed to have an average work rate and also, at times, to lack pace. Although that might've been a result of not being fully recovered from an earlier injury.

If those things are true w/his club team(s), it's probably harder to hide than in international play where not every player on the field for every nation is an athletic freak of nature like they are in the upper level European leagues.

Still, I think he has potential to be an integral part of the USMNT due to his creativity.

World Cup Final going to be in Dallas....

Since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, Metlife did get it at the end

Reactions: RU848789
I have only ever seen him with the USMNT or in a couple vids posted here. So a very limited perspective.

What I saw from him with the USMNT was decent ability to hold and create. But he seemed to have an average work rate and also, at times, to lack pace. Although that might've been a result of not being fully recovered from an earlier injury.

If those things are true w/his club team(s), it's probably harder to hide than in international play where not every player on the field for every nation is an athletic freak of nature like they are in the upper level European leagues.

Still, I think he has potential to be an integral part of the USMNT due to his creativity.
The reason they sent him on loan to the Premier league is because he can't break into the rotation, whether it's just injury or form. There is an in-form #10 in front of him in Julian Brandt, who has been one of the top players at his position in the league and possibly Europe. BVB brought back Jadon Sancho from Manchester United to play on the left wing, have another 25 year old player who is a stalwart at RW in Donyel Malen (who was tapped as a rising star at the Euros a couple years back). And a club legend in Marco Reus providing depth in the attacking midfield role. This is for a team who is underperforming and is 4th in the league. He was a healthy scratch or unused on the bench for stretches of time last season as well. He has a lot of talent, but hasn't really capitalized on it at all.

Was a hell of a shot. Pace, bend, little room… hell of a shot.
It was a good shot but that one defender turned away from the shot instead of leaning into it. Very obvious on the slo-mo. Granted, most mortals would do the same but some would make the sacrifice. Actually happens more than not at top level, hence why there aren't so many goals.

Concerning Gio, not sure about his choice of loan. Nottingham is in a relegation battle and prioritize graft more than creativity. Besides, the players currently starting in his spots have top 4 pedigree and seem to have the trust of management. Unless Elanga, CHO or Gibbs White get injured, he'll be used mostly as an impact sub. Just hope he works on his health and work rate.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
It was a good shot but that one defender turned away from the shot instead of leaning into it. Very obvious on the slo-mo. Granted, most mortals would do the same but some would make the sacrifice. Actually happens more than not at top level, hence why there aren't so many goals.

Concerning Gio, not sure about his choice of loan. Nottingham is in a relegation battle and prioritize graft more than creativity. Besides, the players currently starting in his spots have top 4 pedigree and seem to have the trust of management. Unless Elanga, CHO or Gibbs White get injured, he'll be used mostly as an impact sub. Just hope he works on his health and work rate.
He needs to work on the graft, so as long as he gets minutes, it could be a good experience for him. As long as he doesn't think that playing in a relegation battle is beneath him.

@RUevolution36

How? I got a pre-sale for tomorrow metlife tomorrow.

Are you a Giants or Jets Season ticket holder? Or was there a pre-sale I missed.

What did the priced look like?

I am planning on getting the semifinal as well as the Argentina/Chile to take my dad.

The Semifinal at Metlife could have Argentina and/or Mexico.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT