ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs SHU 3/21 Round 1

Laney to the rescue with clutch 3 pointers.Foul shooting will be big down the stretch.71-63 Rutgers.

Laney: back to back threes, defensive rebounding.

If our defense keeps on causing SH to make quick and stupid shots, then we can do this.

I like keeping the ball in copper, laney, and scaife's hands. I don't trust our posts right now, and the D is on to Cynthia.

no turnovers, play smart now.

we finally had a questionable call go our way.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Kah lost her balance and then contact by simmons. The official behind simmons made the call from that angle it looks like a foul.

This post was edited on 3/21 8:34 PM by ThisShouldBEz

Somebody PLEASE tell these announcers the difference between Essie and Alexis!!

Nice win ! The SHU coach has done a fabulous job there. Now on to......uconn ? lol

Great job RU! And Nova is trouble on men's side. Could be a really good night.
This post was edited on 3/21 8:50 PM by shields

Originally posted by Abro1975:
Nice win ! The SHU coach has done a fabulous job there. Now on to......uconn ? lol
Having three transfer 5th year players makes it a little easier to Coach, wait till next year when all the 5th year players leave.

Rutgers has Seton Hall's number.Could they beat Princeton this season ?

Seton Hall gave a good effort but I think we wore them down, and our defense got into their heads.

I truly believe that the refs were Rutgers-friendly for a change.

Laney was not going to lose this game.

I like Tyler's shooting as it has improved over the late season; she was deadly at the free throw line.

Copper played a Copper game; Canty steady with some nice buckets.

Shrita did well, a result of seeing more action later in the season. Good coaching on that, and I think she will be a player next season.

Rachel was intimidating on defense despite her injury and Ariel played some good minutes. I think Christa's legs are hurting.

We did a nice job answering their runs, as a fan I did not do a good job with SH's runs. I think we were clearly the better team and throughout most of the game we held a decent lead.

I am happy for the seniors for their first NCAA win!! It was an important game for Rutgers.

I've had other engagements for so many important games this year, but I did get a chance to look at the score when it was a 2-point game with about 8:00 left. I'm so happy to see they closed it out - particularly for the seniors.

Monday they're playing with house money, so whatever happens, I'm content.

Anybody notice how the Seton Hall coach didn't stand up the entire game? Oh wait..

Could not ask for a better tournament. Now everything is gravy. Shock the world. For real.

After that free throw miscue Laney took over. What an incredible display of drive, will, poise, and leadership down the stretch willing to risk failurecto reap reward....you could see in her eyes how focused she was.

They all contributed in their own way though. A team win and they showed great resolve in repelling Seton Halls constantly nipping at their heels. The better team won today. If only Essie could be healthy at our best we can give UConn a run for their money

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT