ADVERTISEMENT

Went to the hoops practice this morning

Scarlet Shack

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
I won’t give away what I saw there …but I’ll say this

1.) from 1 to 13, this is by far the most Athletic And physically put together basketball team we have had in a generation

2.) I can see totally see why coach Pike wants jerimah Williams on this roster .

Very optimistic …..

Jeremiah Williams is a player. Not so sure the other Williams will see much pt. Maybe an injury is still bothering him.
Mag has a way to go to be ready to play.
Gavin is skilled and athletic. Great rotation on his shot.
JMike is quick and works hard. Did not see enough of him shooting to comment. He will see the floor for D, certainly.
Chol. Has put on weight, is fast and has a Cliff like wingspan. Has potential on the defensive end.

1.) from 1 to 13, this is by far the most Athletic And physically put together basketball team we have had in a generation

2.) I can see totally see why coach Pike wants jerimah Williams on this roster .

Very optimistic …..
It’s implied that when you go to an event like this , you don’t want to give away anything that might percent a “competitive advantage “….
There is a ton you can say without giving away a competitive advantage.

It’s implied that when you go to an event like this , you don’t want to give away anything that might percent a “competitive advantage “….
It is? What is there to give away, that he works on defense? Or that so and so is a good shooter? after about 5 minutes of the first game of the season all hidden “competitive advantage “ in basketball is gone. I go every year and Pike is a great host.

Very optimistic …..
I thought J Williams was the best player on the court today. Cliff is always dominant but Williams played really well on both sides of the court.

It is? What is there to give away, that he works on defense? Or that so and so is a good shooter? after about 5 minutes of the first game of the season all hidden “competitive advantage “ in basketball is gone. I go every year and Pike is a great host.
Respectfully …will agree to disagree

With all due respect, all season tickets holders had an opportunity to go and see for themselves....

Don't beat up on someone who wants to respect the program by not possibly overstepping like some others who get revered here.
Really? I'm a STH and didn't hear about this

With all due respect, all season tickets holders had an opportunity to go and see for themselves....

Don't beat up on someone who wants to respect the program by not possibly overstepping like some others who get wasn’t beating up on anybody.

I’ll begin by saying I don’t need anybody to tell me what to do. I’ll follow that by saying I didn’t beat up on anybody. I followed that with one simple sentence indicating that there’s a lot that can be told without revealing any team secrets. All the crap that gets hurled against people on this board and you criticize me for beating up on someone for the post that I just made. You’ve got to be kidding.
wrote one simple sentence.

I didn’t get an invite, not that I could’ve gone. Seems like a large segment of people whom should’ve been invited didn’t get emails.

Reactions: gregkoko
Jeremiah Williams is a player. Not so sure the other Williams will see much pt. Maybe an injury is still bothering him.
JMike is quick and works hard. Did not see enough of him shooting to comment. He will see the floor for D, certainly.
Chol. Has put on weight, is fast and has a Cliff like wingspan. Has potential on the defensive end.
Can you explain your Mag comment? Is he limping? Out of shape? Missing every shot?

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Is Williams eligible this year? Is he the one we’re still waiting to find out about?

Every time I go to these open practices, the more respect I have for the walk-ons. They do an amazing job and deserve a big shout out!
Can you expand on this? I am not being snarky.

I don't generally think a bunch on what the walk ons are/are not doing. Like many spend majority of bball thoughts on starters etc

They may be out of sight, but doesn't mean they should be under appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

Reactions: MiloTalon13

I don't generally think a bunch on what the walk ons are/are not doing. Like many spend majority of bball thoughts on starters etc

Thanks in advance !
For quite a number of minutes at the beginning of practice they were the offense while the scholarship guys rotated in as defensive players. As you can imagine the defensive pressure was expected to be intense. The walk ons held up well. Pretty good players themselves.

Is Williams eligible this year? Is he the one we’re still waiting to find out about?
Per APP article from August...

J. Williams joined the Scarlet Knights in time for last week's tour of Senegal and Portugal but due to his injury status did not play in the three overseas exhibition games. As a two-time undergraduate transfer with three years of eligibility remaining, he is expected to sit out the 2023-24 season per NCAA transfer rules. Although he has applied for a waiver to become eligible immediately, the NCAA has set forth stringent guidelines for two-time transfer exceptions and a waiver seems highly unlikely.

Reactions: MiloTalon13

Thanks in advance !
As @Unionist stated, at one point 4 walk-ons played offense vs the scholarship players who rotated in 4 at a time. No break for the walk-ons They did other stuff but this stood out..

Was also at the practice. Agree with all of this.
Chol has really transformed his body.
Jeremiah is very impressive. If somehow he got clearance to play this year, it would be a big plus.
I think JMike plays a lot.
Mag looks to be progressing well. He looked active on defense and has been cleared for contact.
A couple of other observations which have been previously mentioned:
Hyatt looks very good. I think he has his best season ever.
Ogbole is a huge man.

ITT we found out who’s poor
giphy.webp

First year for me. Yeah, I don’t think there was anything proprietary in what we saw. Pikes great.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT