ADVERTISEMENT

Went to the hoops practice this morning

@ru66 - listen, not sure if I know you personally, or not, but I DO know @Scarlet Shack very, very well, and have for a long time. Post-graduation his season tix for hoops (maybe they had been his dad's??) were DIRECTLY behind 2 of my dad's front row seats, in 105, and I got to know him and his sons. Soon enough we realized who we were, on the boards, and our friendship grew from there. He was also very, very nice and respectful to my father and uncle, who sat in front of him and his kids for 100's of AWFUL basketball games over the years (mixed in with a few good season in the 00's) prior to my pop moving over to 102. Anyway....He is AS GOOD, HONEST, and LOYAL of a fan AND human being as there is, in general, let alone on these boards. I'd give anything to be as objective as he is, as well, and his insight on most info he isn't "privy" to is about as spot-on as it gets as well.

Now...again, I don't know you (unless I do, who knows) but, com'on, let's take a step back here this IS NOT the kind of thread anyone should be going after anyone else in, wouldn't you agree?

Thx for listening.

Im not a fan of jumping straight to calling people “a dumbass” on this board. But I will confess I have slowly became a quasi fan of 66 on some level.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Ok. I’m delusional .

I have no idea on what I’m talking about

NOT

It’s a$$hole posts like this from you and others that make me and a lot of others who really like and care about Rutgers sports , and spefically, Rutgers basketball, to just stay off these forums…..

As the kids say, ^^^THIS^^^ @ru66
Ok, so you're also doing that innuendo thing as the special- list does often. That special- list you may be referring too probably is not posting because he thinks there's a monetary value to his BS-- he has said as much in a podcast.

@ru66 - listen, not sure if I know you personally, or not, but I DO know @Scarlet Shack very, very well, and have for a long time. Post-graduation his season tix for hoops (maybe they had been his dad's??) were DIRECTLY behind 2 of my dad's front row seats, in 105, and I got to know him and his sons. Soon enough we realized who we were, on the boards, and our friendship grew from there. He was also very, very nice and respectful to my father and uncle, who sat in front of him and his kids for 100's of AWFUL basketball games over the years (mixed in with a few good season in the 00's) prior to my pop moving over to 102. Anyway....He is AS GOOD, HONEST, and LOYAL of a fan AND human being as there is, in general, let alone on these boards. I'd give anything to be as objective as he is, as well, and his insight on most info he isn't "privy" to is about as spot-on as it gets as well.

Now...again, I don't know you (unless I do, who knows) but, com'on, let's take a step back here this IS NOT the kind of thread anyone should be going after anyone else in, wouldn't you agree?

Thx for listening.
Well, all I said initially was that one is delusional if he thought there were secrets to be conceled at that practice. And I'm right about that. And guess what your buddy reacted by saying it was an asshole post. Thx for listening -- but I'm gonna always react to attacks. And by the way to be fair, which I know you're not , address
your response to others that reacted similiarly.

Reactions: RUPinstripe
Ok, so you're also doing that innuendo thing as the special- list does often. That special-list you may be referring too probably is not posting because he thinks there's a monetary value to his BS-- he has said as much in a podcast.
Now you’re getting it. 👍

And I don’t know about the monetary part but guessing he does think he’s either too good or not tough enough for here.

Well, all I said initially was that one is delusional if he thought there were secrets to be conceled at that practice. And I'm right about that. And guess what your buddy reacted by saying it was an asshole post. Thx for listening -- but I'm gonna always react to attacks. And by the way to be fair, which I know you're not , address
your response to others that reacted similiarly.
I'm not laying blame on anyone here just giving some insight into the person you're going back-and-forth with in this thread. I'd do the same for you if we knew one another equally as well (which is why I pointed out that I do not believe this to be the case...). My point was that MAYBE Shack just feels differently about these type of events hence his reaction(s) here as well.

You're both GREAT fans and his OP is a GREAT read so let's enjoy the discussion!

Guys

I’m leaving this conversation with one thought

There isn’t a lot of major programs that allow this kind of access to watch our team up close.

With that access , it shoukd be appreciated and be respected that with thar access, should comne sone restraint on commenting on what was seen

The old timers here should remember a guy named RingoesJim who used to go to the open football and write in great detail what he saw

And poof …soon later, those events ended by coach schoano

I and a few others I know there who really know basketball can certain write up things seen there that would not be in the interest in the program …both positive and negative things i saw

And yes, I know what we saw was designed to a limit the tactical things shown to the public

Even still…there was plenty of things there thar could be written in detail that our opposition would LOVE to have an initial look at to say …”hmmm, make a note of that for when we scout that , something to check out “.

If you don’t want to beleive that, fine …agree to disagree

It’s not going to be me that ever gives away something like that …Im about the name on the front of the jersey.

If others want to to make themselves look good …that’s your business

Not from me though

You're delusional. There were no " secrets" to conceal.
Respect the OP. I was at the last TD Club meeting and we were all explicitly advised not to share any info publicly.
The basketball events should be treated the same whether explicitly advised or not.
If the practice meant so much to you , then you should have attended.

Respect the OP. I was at the last TD Club meeting and we were all explicitly advised not to share any info publicly.
The basketball events should be treated the same whether explicitly advised or not.
Anything to report at the Monmouth practice. How did the bench look? Any new skits to report.

Anything to report at the Monmouth practice. How did the bench look? Any new skits to report.
Monmouth predicted to be mid pack in CAA this year. The bench has cleaned up its act. King Rices kid joined the squad for his graduate year. I can only imagine his NIL proceeds 😂

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Guys

I’m leaving this conversation with one thought

There isn’t a lot of major programs that allow this kind of access to watch our team up close.

With that access , it shoukd be appreciated and be respected that with thar access, should comne sone restraint on commenting on what was seen

The old timers here should remember a guy named RingoesJim who used to go to the open football and write in great detail what he saw

And poof …soon later, those events ended by coach schoano

I and a few others I know there who really know basketball can certain write up things seen there that would not be in the interest in the program …both positive and negative things i saw

And yes, I know what we saw was designed to a limit the tactical things shown to the public

Even still…there was plenty of things there thar could be written in detail that our opposition would LOVE to have an initial look at to say …”hmmm, make a note of that for when we scout that , something to check out “.

If you don’t want to beleive that, fine …agree to disagree

It’s not going to be me that ever gives away something like that …Im about the name on the front of the jersey.

If others want to to make themselves look good …that’s your business

Not from me though
Fwiw RingoesJim still posts under a different name. Also, I never thought he was the one that influenced Greg's policy change. I could have missed that connection.

I try not to ignore anyone but not sure why ru66 is being a jerk to shack. Does 66 bring value or is he an ignore candidate?

I will say I met Scarlet Shack and Big East Phil at a game when I got tickets that happened to be right by them. They are both great fans and just a couple of really good and fun guys to be around

If Shack wants to err on the side of not oversharing out of respect to Pike, that's his prerogative. No need to attack him for it. I appreciate any bit of info nuggets I can get

People seem to always feel the need to come after posters who share stuff. It's weird and doesn't help people to want to continue to do so which is bad for the board as a whole

I did attend-- you know little.

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
Now you’re getting it. 👍

And I don’t know about the monetary part but guessing he does think he’s either too good or not tough enough for here.
I pay attention -- listen to the podcast where at the end he bragged he should get paid for this info -- a couple of weeks later there were palatable rumors that he was told that to be paid he couldn't give "free " info out on these boards. His ego is too big not to post unless his desire for $ is greater. By the way have you ever gotten a dm from him telling you how important he is??

Ok. I’m delusional .

I have no idea on what I’m talking about

NOT

It’s a$$hole posts like this from you and others that make me and a lot of others who really like and care about Rutgers sports , and spefically, Rutgers basketball, to just stay off these forums…..
Man you are spot on with that take. It always raises it’s ugly head here when someone makes a personal opinion about a player or any team that may appear positive immediately several go out of their way to shut it down. Opinions are just someone’s feelings about what they perhaps witnessed. In this case at an open practice. All the Rutgers experts most who actually believe they know better.

I pay attention -- listen to the podcast where at the end he bragged he should get paid for this info -- a couple of weeks later there were palatable rumors that he was told that to be paid he couldn't give "free " info out on these boards. His ego is too big not to post unless his desire for $ is greater. By the way have you ever gotten a dm from him telling you how important he is??
I may or may not have gotten one of those DMs. 😂

• Haha
You're delusional. There were no " secrets" to conceal.
Are you quoting Bob Dylan now?? Showing your generational age 😉

Like a Rolling Stone ( go to the bolded, way down)
WRITTEN BY: BOB DYLAN

Once upon a time you dressed so fine

You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn’t you?

People’d call, say, “Beware doll, you’re bound to fall”

You thought they were all kiddin’ you

You used to laugh about

Everybody that was hangin’ out

Now you don’t talk so loud

Now you don’t seem so proud

About having to be scrounging for your next meal

How does it feel

How does it feel

To be without a home

Like a complete unknown

Like a rolling stone?

You’ve gone to the finest school all right, Miss Lonely

But you know you only used to get juiced in it

And nobody has ever taught you how to live on the street

And now you find out you’re gonna have to get used to it

You said you’d never compromise

With the mystery tramp, but now you realize

He’s not selling any alibis

As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes

And ask him do you want to make a deal?

How does it feel

How does it feel

To be on your own

With no direction home

Like a complete unknown

Like a rolling stone?

You never turned around to see the frowns on the jugglers and the clowns

When they all come down and did tricks for you

You never understood that it ain’t no good

You shouldn’t let other people get your kicks for you

You used to ride on the chrome horse with your diplomat

Who carried on his shoulder a Siamese cat

Ain’t it hard when you discover that

He really wasn’t where it’s at

After he took from you everything he could steal

How does it feel

How does it feel

To be on your own

With no direction home

Like a complete unknown

Like a rolling stone?

Princess on the steeple and all the pretty people

They’re drinkin’, thinkin’ that they got it made

Exchanging all kinds of precious gifts and things

But you’d better lift your diamond ring, you’d better pawn it babe

You used to be so amused

At Napoleon in rags and the language that he used

Go to him now, he calls you, you can’t refuse

When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose

You’re invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal

How does it feel

How does it feel

To be on your own

With no direction home

Like a complete unknown

Like a rolling stone?
Songwriters: Bob Dylan

it was a fun day and we got a group pix of everyone there and were sworn to secrecy about guys making layups
So they made the layups this year? You have just blurted out a juicy tidbit that we are not missing the bunnies this year. Pike will not be amused . . .

Hopefully no secrets here. LOL

And I did attend on Sunday. I like that we’re picked 10th…..hope team uses it as motivation….as long as the team still plays tough D, IMO we’ll have a great year. I didn’t see too much discussion in this thread about likely starters (Cliff, Hyatt, Simpson, Fernandez, Griffiths). As in the podcast above, I guess pleasant surprise after watching practice, and as the podcasters mentioned if J. Williams is cleared, he is playing - tough - he’s a baller.

Last edited:
Billy Dee Williams Applause GIF

billydeewilliamsclapping.gif

LOL

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT