ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another great weekend unfolding for RU athletics

ecojew

All American
Feb 1, 2006
So far, both lacrosse teams have won, baseball has won 2, softball 2, wrestling swept its Ivy opponents, while giving several non-starters a shot against Columbia. Have I forgotten anyone? Hopefully, a sweep of Purdue tomorrow by the basketball teams will round out a wonderful weekend. We seem to be having many more of these than I can ever recall and I've been around a long time.

I definitely find myself following more sports than ever before since we've joined the B1G, a conference that is serious about winning and that provides us with opponents ranked in the Top 25 in just about every sport. As they say, a rising tide floats all boats, and RU sports is certainly rising and winning many of the games against great opposition.

IMHO, our AD is largely responsible for this "rise" as several of his coaching hires have been excellent.

So far, both lacrosse teams have won, baseball has won 2, softball 2, wrestling swept its Ivy opponents, while giving several non-starters a shot against Columbia. Have I forgotten anyone? Hopefully, a sweep of Purdue tomorrow by the basketball teams will round out a wonderful weekend. We seem to be having many more of these than I can ever recall and I've been around a long time.

I definitely find myself following more sports than ever before since we've joined the B1G, a conference that is serious about winning and that provides us with opponents ranked in the Top 25 in just about every sport. As they say, a rising tide floats all boats, and RU sports is certainly rising and winning many of the games against great opposition.

IMHO, our AD is largely responsible for this "rise" as several of his coaching hires have been excellent.

Women bb looked terrible just now in an 11 point fold in the fourth quarter.

RU baseball has now swept its 3 game series with Houston Baptist to open the season, winning today's game 10-5. Softball also won and is now 7-3, the best start in a while.

I just checked the women's rowing schedule and see that don't have any meets until March 12 and has only 5 or so races until the B1G championships in May. What happened to the rest of their schedule. They are nationally ranked but will have few chances to show it.

Reactions: goru7
Going to be a tough closing for MBB … don’t want to see PU sweep both.

RU baseball has now swept its 3 game series with Houston Baptist to open the season, winning today's game 10-5. Softball also won and is now 7-3, the best start in a while.

I just checked the women's rowing schedule and see that don't have any meets until March 12 and has only 5 or so races until the B1G championships in May. What happened to the rest of their schedule. They are nationally ranked but will have few chances to show it.
Baseball off to their best start since 2008 and softball off to their best start since 1996.

Reactions: goru7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT