ADVERTISEMENT

‘Big Cliff’ Omoruyi commits to Rutgers in biggest recruiting coup in more than a decade

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Muhammad Oliver said that three years ago, when Rutgers first offered Omoruyi, everyone in the state told him not to send him there.

“I’m from New Jersey,” said Muhammad. “The climate in New Jersey three years ago to now is totally different.

“When Rutgers first offered Cliff, everybody and their mother told me, ‘Don’t send him there.’ That would be the worst move I could ever make.’ And the same people who told me that three years ago, this year let me know that, ‘Send him to Rutgers, they’re doing something special in Piscataway.’

“That’s what I think helped him make his decision, because everybody told him not to and individually through this year, everybody that told him not told him that it would be a great move to stay home.”

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...st-recruiting-coup-in-more-than-a-decade.html

Never a doubt. :>)

My friend in the RU eng'g school who hosted his visit there had IM-ed me about this several hours ago, but I was sleeping, lol. Damn virus. She and the others who hosted him deserve some credit too; obviously Pike gets most of it, but many chipped in, including us as fans!

Assuming we can snuff out the CV, I would think every game at The RAC next season would be at or near capacity

The Seton Hall game at The Rock, can you see 5k+ RU fans?
If the time of the game is good, Saturday or Sunday 3:00 or later, I could see them possibly opening the upper tier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT