ADVERTISEMENT

GAME 8 INDIANA: Pikiell doing a Pikiell

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
I will say it seems like every year now, Rutgers comes out of the gate a bit shaky against real competition causing posters like me to hand wring and to start questioning our roster, our defense, our coaching, our ceiling. And once again Bac does not learn his lesson as Pikiell once again pulls a Pikiell and Bac looks like a fool. He works and works and tinkers and tinkers and all of a sudden a team that cannot throw a ball into the ocean or defend a slashing guard in their previous game knocks off a top 10 team in RUs biggest win over a top 10 team since 1977. The Temple and Miami losses as Pike said this week were learning lessons and I think not just for the team but for the coaching staff. The game plan for Indiana was spot on and when adversity hit at times, Pike made all the right moves. I thought vs Miami he struggled for the answers in the 2nd half Much like last season it seems like the original plan coming into the season sort of got messed up. This year it was injuries to two starters and previous role players not quite ready to step up at a consistent level. Then throw in freshmen bugaboos and your transfer shooting guard struggling vs the better teams on the schedule and the pieces of the puzzle really were getting jumble. Of course Paul and Caleb back in the fold help but then what, how does Pike get the most out of a team searching for a consistent offensive threat. Sometimes it takes balls and it can be painful and today it was glorious. Ultimately it comes down to Pike giving that trust in certain players and thats why he get paid the big bucks and not us.

Cliff picking up 2 fouls in just a few minutes was maddening and RU had like 5 in the first 4 minutes. Not to be one to call out refs, but the refs got off to a brutal start officiating before settling in the 2nd half in what was a chippy game at times. With Cliff force to bench for almost 17 minutes of the 2nd half. things could have spiralled out of control. Somehow RU held sway. Pikiell got every bit out Reiber and Woofolk as he could to bridge into the 2nd half. Those guys played their roles in the needed way. Minutes, rebound, defense. Pike switched to some zone and that was quite the tonic just frustrating Indiana who could not really get many touches for Trace Jackson Davis who was bottled up in the first half. Besides Copp who I believe had 12 or 13 at halftime, RU was keeping everyone in check. Indiana came in averaging 87 points a game, to hold them to just 24 and to do it without Cliff in the game was a spectacular display of team defense. Of course it helps when your heart of the team, Paul Mulcahy returns. Paul entered to a thunderous ovation from the RAC crowd. Getting Paul back was enormous. Rutgers just goes differently with him in the game at both ends. Bringing the needed toughness and calmness to guide an offense that was playing without Cliff. Paul got on the board early with his typical bullying to the basket move and his drive to the hoop on RUs last possession before halftime to put RU up 7 was beauty in motion. Even though the RU offense wasnt in sync with perhaps too much one on one stuff, it was the defense that kept plugging away and keeping Indiana at bay. To be up 31-24 at half did bode well but adversity was right around the corner.

Hyatt a pretty decent first half. I think 4-7 with a 3 and 9 points but it was way too much Hyatt in the opening minutes of the 2nd half. After a move to a wide open bucket for a layup, Hyatt would struggle mightily and RU found themselves on the wrong end of a 11-2 run. Suddenly the dam was breaking, RU was down 35-33, chasing on defense giving up open 3s and chucking up bad perimeter shots and bricking everything. It was looking like here we go again like at Miami. But there went Pikiell with the move of the game which could be the move of the season with his insertion of Mulcahy and Derek Simpson back into the lineup. Paul promptly hits a jumper just inside the 3 point line and good call by Bigeastphil about that Paul shot being much needed to calm the waters. RU tied it up and then after an Indiana bucket, we saw one of the most devastating runs in RAC history. A 17-0 run that had the RAC on its feet through multiple Indiana timeouts and a swarming defense causing chaos on every Indiana possession. An almost 6 minute stretch of flawless basketall where we saw a freshmen guard named Derek Simpson grow a set of balls that would rival the ones that Ron Harper Jr carried at the end of the Indiana game last season after hitting the game winning 3. Derek was not good in the first half. 0-6, once again showing signs of forcing it at the wrong times. I remarked in the game thread about reigning him in and I am going to give credit to Bossnj who told me that Derek needs to keep shooting. And in reality it makes sense, with Cam struggling so much and our offensive options seemingly limited this game, we needed every bit of those balls that Derek brought to the table. When Derek had a similar flurry at the end of the game vs Rider, thats one thing, its Rider...when he scores 11 straight points vs Indiana, yeah its safe to say Derek has the biggest balls of them all. A player risking failure to seek reward. Derek got untracked and needed a saliva test. You know having Paul is going to be huge for Derek's development and his pass to Derek for a layup kicked off what would include a 3 and 2 more fgs and a free throw to boot. Simpson's 3 late with Indiana hanging around at 10 was really important to see he could carry his earlier shot late into the game during crunch time. Derek went from 0-6 in the first half to 5-7 in the 2nd half with 14 points in probably about 12-13 minutes of playing time. Today's win was a team win but there is no win today without what Derek accomplished. Everyone sees his potential and his speed, but he is young. Pike made the right call and wow not even sure he could have anticipated how well Simpson would respond. Pike rode this lineup while sitting starters Hyatt and Spencer. A risky but needed move that is going to have some major implications. Seeing Derek put it together against a top 10 is invaluable for his development going forward

Mag and then a dunk by Caleb would close out this run, RU was up 52-37 and basically it was game over in a flash. Mag's defense in this stretch was impressive. He was everywhere..getting blocks, rebounds and buckets. The attention was on Derek but Mag had the kind of sneaky good performance that makes me think he has the edge over Hyatt in the starting lineup when Paul returns to that role which may be a game or two from happening. A whopping 9 boards, 7 points and 2 blocks.

What can we say about Caleb McConnell. Any concerns about his injury seem forgotten at this point after a warrior like 37 minutes with 16 points and 10 boards. Just another day at the office right. The shots were not always falling and he has a tendency to force some action but its only because the guy want to contribute everywhere on the court and he does. Got to the line 6 times and drained them all. Seemed like key junctures Caleb was there making a hoop, getting to the line or stripping the ball on defense. If Paul is the heart of the team, Caleb is the soul. With them back and getting healthier by the second, alot of the early season analysis could be tossed in the trash bin. This is a different team with both of them in the lineup. The wheel can spin again, the cogs are all in place.

Cliff..what can we say about Cliff. I mean he has had some great stat line games but its almost as if something is missing. The foul trouble in the first half and then just having nothing offensively in the 2nd half but I will say this. Cliff was pivotal late in the game to snuff our any Indiana run. He ended up with 9 rebounds almost all of them in the 2nd half. As inconsistent as Cliff has been on defense this year, Cliff was big in the last 5 minutes, collecting a bevy of rebounds, got a block and closed it out by hitting 4 straight free throws. I know we want and demand more from him so hopefully he can find the answers to get him going like we know we can but I really liked how he kept his head in the game and finished out strong contributing.

Loved Reiber today, havent said that this year yet so a pleasant surprise vs Indiana. He held his own, playing good D and minutes without fouling. Woofolk mainly minutes in the first half, right now we just need him for minutes as his role. Grabbed 2 boards in 8 minutes with a block so successful day for him

Jalen Miller dnp and with Paul/Caleb back and Derek breakout I think his minutes will be only in spot situations.

Cam....its the one thing from my earlier recap unfortunately might be right on. Now the 3rd game vs a solid team and struggling Made only the one 3 pointer, was leaving 3 pt shooters wide open and played only 17 minutes and Derek gobbled up all his minutes. Wouldnt want to write him off yet, there will be Big 10 games where he will be a key contributor but you can sort of see the direction that Pike might go in with Derek and its going to happen slowly

Hyatt as I said had a very good first half but a brutal 2nd half and sat during the big run. I do not like a role for him shooting that much and Pike may the right move in keeping him out for much of the 2nd half. A vital part of the team for sure but not as 2nd or 3rd option.

Good lord what is it about this building...please please do not change a thing about it...I know thats a topic for another thread. Another RAC classic to go into what is becoming a growing list very quickly under Coach Steve Pikiell. This building has a life of its own and can resuscitating a team struggling a bit to find its ways. An ugly finish on the road vs Miami which just 5 points in the last 8 minutes was not giving me confidence heading into a game with an Indiana team who just kocked off North Carolina. Yes they would ripe for the picking with the proverbial letdown but with Paul possibly still out and more questions than answers cropping up on the offense end it did not seem like the right time to face a top 10 to kick off the Big 10 season in early December. But just like that place was sizzling from the get go and perhaps buoyed by that excellent idea of a winter carnival outside offer drinks and food. The RAC was the RAC. I say it like its old hat. Always tough to get the environment earlier in the season IMO, the RAC game to play and gave the team a big assist tonight to push this team on home to close out the victory

Indiana fans are trash. I will give them credit for travelling. I bet they had almost 1K in the building. They seemed to be everywhere with their aura of smugness for what I do not know. A big run in the Big 10 tourney somehow made them the Big 10 favorite and the highest ranked Big 10 team coming into this year. That win over North Carolina was impressive do not get me wrong. Indiana is good and likely a NCAA team. Trace Jackson Davis could be Big 10 POY. RU didnt see his best today and alot of that is because of Rutgers. 6 straight wins now and 8 of 9 that is simply ridiculous. Rutgers vs a big time storied program...yeah its ho hum right now. Hoosier Daddy indeed

How about the enormity of knocking off preseason Big 10 champ in game 1. Now thats something to discuss in another thread. Now what and now how do expectations change and do we worry about moving that pendulum to far in the other direction. Right now enjoy the win, a satisfying domination for our Indiana bitches. Ohio State is right around the corner followed by the Smurfs.

Best offensive rebounding and defensive effort we've seen in quite some time. Up to 14th in the country in offensive rebounding -- we were mediocre the past two seasons but top-50 in Pikiell's first four seasons. Really glad to see us getting back to that.

The last two years the talent was good enough to turn the intensity on and off. This year's team needs to bring that energy every single night.

47-33...we almost had 3 guys with 10 boards

good point in the your last comment. This team still has to bring energy for much of the game. You see what happens when it doesnt. Easily can get drawn into funks that translate to not so good defense and we saw that at Miami and the first 5 minutes of this game. I loved that the defense held up in the first half even when the offense was a bit sketchy

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Oh and Mawot Mag can be an unsung MVP if he sticks to his role. He was ripping rebounds out of Indiana's hand and his help defense was a big reason why we were able to survive with Reiber and Woolfolk. He also showed a nice turnaround game near the basket. If he can cut out the jump shooting he'll be a very very valuable piece.

Oh and Mawot Mag can be an unsung MVP if he sticks to his role. He was ripping rebounds out of Indiana's hand and his help defense was a big reason why we were able to survive with Reiber and Woolfolk. He also showed a nice turnaround game near the basket. If he can cut out the jump shooting he'll be a very very valuable piece.
Mag is great in his role, he drives you nuts when he tries to do too much.

I agree with you completely about Cam. I feel bad but he looks like a walk on in these games from an athletic perspective. He needs to carve out a role off the bench hitting some wide open 3s. He will play because Simpson is a freshman and will have ups and downs but it's very clear to me early on.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
Great commentary as usual.

Refs in first half were atrocious and could have cost us the game. Two fouls in first three minutes by refs on Cliff was inexcusable. 11 fouls to 5 at home in first half is equally bad. Refs seemed to want to give Indiana the game. Can’t happen again. Refs deferred to Woodson but ignored Pike. Ridiculous!! Want Pike to get angry and get the benefit of the doubt. He has earned it!

Simpson reminded me of Jacob Young the way he took over the game with his quickness. From 1st half to 2nd… You can so see progress. When his shot starts falling…

Paul was a very nice boost. He may be the key.

Defense was outstanding! We held a team that averaged 88 to 48!! How good is that?

As BAC pointed out, Reiber was sneaky good.

Caleb’s first half was wonderful! Hyatt was great too. Mag was also quietly very good too. I cringe when he takes lay ups but his low post moves were amazing and such a warrior!

Loved the winter festival. RU did a nice job.

The RAC was great again. As good as any home court in the country. I’m scared of any changes as don’t trust Hobbs after he killed 118. Please don’t mess with the footprint.

A great win! I like rivalry we have established with Indiana. Hope with any changes, conference keeps RU Indiana games.

I agree with you completely about Cam. I feel bad but he looks like a walk on in these games from an athletic perspective. He needs to carve out a role off the bench hitting some wide open 3s. He will play because Simpson is a freshman and will have ups and downs but it's very clear to me early on.
He's not meaningfully less athletic than Miller Kopp and look what Kopp was able to do.

Asking him to be the primary option was too much but he should still have an impact.

If he can play at todays level he will be a big asset. Today was the first time I was seeing the player I hoped to see this year.

I will say it seems like every year now, Rutgers comes out of the gate a bit shaky against real competition causing posters like me to hand wring and to start questioning our roster, our defense, our coaching, our ceiling. And once again Bac does not learn his lesson as Pikiell once again pulls a Pikiell and Bac looks like a fool. He works and works and tinkers and tinkers and all of a sudden a team that cannot throw a ball into the ocean or defend a slashing guard in their previous game knocks off a top 10 team in RUs biggest win over a top 10 team since 1977. The Temple and Miami losses as Pike said this week were learning lessons and I think not just for the team but for the coaching staff. The game plan for Indiana was spot on and when adversity hit at times, Pike made all the right moves. I thought vs Miami he struggled for the answers in the 2nd half Much like last season it seems like the original plan coming into the season sort of got messed up. This year it was injuries to two starters and previous role players not quite ready to step up at a consistent level. Then throw in freshmen bugaboos and your transfer shooting guard struggling vs the better teams on the schedule and the pieces of the puzzle really were getting jumble. Of course Paul and Caleb back in the fold help but then what, how does Pike get the most out of a team searching for a consistent offensive threat. Sometimes it takes balls and it can be painful and today it was glorious. Ultimately it comes down to Pike giving that trust in certain players and thats why he get paid the big bucks and not us.

Cliff picking up 2 fouls in just a few minutes was maddening and RU had like 5 in the first 4 minutes. Not to be one to call out refs, but the refs got off to a brutal start officiating before settling in the 2nd half in what was a chippy game at times. With Cliff force to bench for almost 17 minutes of the 2nd half. things could have spiralled out of control. Somehow RU held sway. Pikiell got every bit out Reiber and Woofolk as he could to bridge into the 2nd half. Those guys played their roles in the needed way. Minutes, rebound, defense. Pike switched to some zone and that was quite the tonic just frustrating Indiana who could not really get many touches for Trace Jackson Davis who was bottled up in the first half. Besides Copp who I believe had 12 or 13 at halftime, RU was keeping everyone in check. Indiana came in averaging 87 points a game, to hold them to just 24 and to do it without Cliff in the game was a spectacular display of team defense. Of course it helps when your heart of the team, Paul Mulcahy returns. Paul entered to a thunderous ovation from the RAC crowd. Getting Paul back was enormous. Rutgers just goes differently with him in the game at both ends. Bringing the needed toughness and calmness to guide an offense that was playing without Cliff. Paul got on the board early with his typical bullying to the basket move and his drive to the hoop on RUs last possession before halftime to put RU up 7 was beauty in motion. Even though the RU offense wasnt in sync with perhaps too much one on one stuff, it was the defense that kept plugging away and keeping Indiana at bay. To be up 31-24 at half did bode well but adversity was right around the corner.

Hyatt a pretty decent first half. I think 4-7 with a 3 and 9 points but it was way too much Hyatt in the opening minutes of the 2nd half. After a move to a wide open bucket for a layup, Hyatt would struggle mightily and RU found themselves on the wrong end of a 11-2 run. Suddenly the dam was breaking, RU was down 35-33, chasing on defense giving up open 3s and chucking up bad perimeter shots and bricking everything. It was looking like here we go again like at Miami. But there went Pikiell with the move of the game which could be the move of the season with his insertion of Mulcahy and Derek Simpson back into the lineup. Paul promptly hits a jumper just inside the 3 point line and good call by Bigeastphil about that Paul shot being much needed to calm the waters. RU tied it up and then after an Indiana bucket, we saw one of the most devastating runs in RAC history. A 17-0 run that had the RAC on its feet through multiple Indiana timeouts and a swarming defense causing chaos on every Indiana possession. An almost 6 minute stretch of flawless basketall where we saw a freshmen guard named Derek Simpson grow a set of balls that would rival the ones that Ron Harper Jr carried at the end of the Indiana game last season after hitting the game winning 3. Derek was not good in the first half. 0-6, once again showing signs of forcing it at the wrong times. I remarked in the game thread about reigning him in and I am going to give credit to Bossnj who told me that Derek needs to keep shooting. And in reality it makes sense, with Cam struggling so much and our offensive options seemingly limited this game, we needed every bit of those balls that Derek brought to the table. When Derek had a similar flurry at the end of the game vs Rider, thats one thing, its Rider...when he scores 11 straight points vs Indiana, yeah its safe to say Derek has the biggest balls of them all. A player risking failure to seek reward. Derek got untracked and needed a saliva test. You know having Paul is going to be huge for Derek's development and his pass to Derek for a layup kicked off what would include a 3 and 2 more fgs and a free throw to boot. Simpson's 3 late with Indiana hanging around at 10 was really important to see he could carry his earlier shot late into the game during crunch time. Derek went from 0-6 in the first half to 5-7 in the 2nd half with 14 points in probably about 12-13 minutes of playing time. Today's win was a team win but there is no win today without what Derek accomplished. Everyone sees his potential and his speed, but he is young. Pike made the right call and wow not even sure he could have anticipated how well Simpson would respond. Pike rode this lineup while sitting starters Hyatt and Spencer. A risky but needed move that is going to have some major implications. Seeing Derek put it together against a top 10 is invaluable for his development going forward

Mag and then a dunk by Caleb would close out this run, RU was up 52-37 and basically it was game over in a flash. Mag's defense in this stretch was impressive. He was everywhere..getting blocks, rebounds and buckets. The attention was on Derek but Mag had the kind of sneaky good performance that makes me think he has the edge over Hyatt in the starting lineup when Paul returns to that role which may be a game or two from happening. A whopping 9 boards, 7 points and 2 blocks.

What can we say about Caleb McConnell. Any concerns about his injury seem forgotten at this point after a warrior like 37 minutes with 16 points and 10 boards. Just another day at the office right. The shots were not always falling and he has a tendency to force some action but its only because the guy want to contribute everywhere on the court and he does. Got to the line 6 times and drained them all. Seemed like key junctures Caleb was there making a hoop, getting to the line or stripping the ball on defense. If Paul is the heart of the team, Caleb is the soul. With them back and getting healthier by the second, alot of the early season analysis could be tossed in the trash bin. This is a different team with both of them in the lineup. The wheel can spin again, the cogs are all in place.

Cliff..what can we say about Cliff. I mean he has had some great stat line games but its almost as if something is missing. The foul trouble in the first half and then just having nothing offensively in the 2nd half but I will say this. Cliff was pivotal late in the game to snuff our any Indiana run. He ended up with 9 rebounds almost all of them in the 2nd half. As inconsistent as Cliff has been on defense this year, Cliff was big in the last 5 minutes, collecting a bevy of rebounds, got a block and closed it out by hitting 4 straight free throws. I know we want and demand more from him so hopefully he can find the answers to get him going like we know we can but I really liked how he kept his head in the game and finished out strong contributing.

Loved Reiber today, havent said that this year yet so a pleasant surprise vs Indiana. He held his own, playing good D and minutes without fouling. Woofolk mainly minutes in the first half, right now we just need him for minutes as his role. Grabbed 2 boards in 8 minutes with a block so successful day for him

Jalen Miller dnp and with Paul/Caleb back and Derek breakout I think his minutes will be only in spot situations.

Cam....its the one thing from my earlier recap unfortunately might be right on. Now the 3rd game vs a solid team and struggling Made only the one 3 pointer, was leaving 3 pt shooters wide open and played only 17 minutes and Derek gobbled up all his minutes. Wouldnt want to write him off yet, there will be Big 10 games where he will be a key contributor but you can sort of see the direction that Pike might go in with Derek and its going to happen slowly

Hyatt as I said had a very good first half but a brutal 2nd half and sat during the big run. I do not like a role for him shooting that much and Pike may the right move in keeping him out for much of the 2nd half. A vital part of the team for sure but not as 2nd or 3rd option.

Good lord what is it about this building...please please do not change a thing about it...I know thats a topic for another thread. Another RAC classic to go into what is becoming a growing list very quickly under Coach Steve Pikiell. This building has a life of its own and can resuscitating a team struggling a bit to find its ways. An ugly finish on the road vs Miami which just 5 points in the last 8 minutes was not giving me confidence heading into a game with an Indiana team who just kocked off North Carolina. Yes they would ripe for the picking with the proverbial letdown but with Paul possibly still out and more questions than answers cropping up on the offense end it did not seem like the right time to face a top 10 to kick off the Big 10 season in early December. But just like that place was sizzling from the get go and perhaps buoyed by that excellent idea of a winter carnival outside offer drinks and food. The RAC was the RAC. I say it like its old hat. Always tough to get the environment earlier in the season IMO, the RAC game to play and gave the team a big assist tonight to push this team on home to close out the victory

Indiana fans are trash. I will give them credit for travelling. I bet they had almost 1K in the building. They seemed to be everywhere with their aura of smugness for what I do not know. A big run in the Big 10 tourney somehow made them the Big 10 favorite and the highest ranked Big 10 team coming into this year. That win over North Carolina was impressive do not get me wrong. Indiana is good and likely a NCAA team. Trace Jackson Davis could be Big 10 POY. RU didnt see his best today and alot of that is because of Rutgers. 6 straight wins now and 8 of 9 that is simply ridiculous. Rutgers vs a big time storied program...yeah its ho hum right now. Hoosier Daddy indeed

How about the enormity of knocking off preseason Big 10 champ in game 1. Now thats something to discuss in another thread. Now what and now how do expectations change and do we worry about moving that pendulum to far in the other direction. Right now enjoy the win, a satisfying domination for our Indiana bitches. Ohio State is right around the corner followed by the Smurfs.
This was a long write up…and I wanted more! One of my favorite recaps so far, captured the action, feel, and intensity of the game and atmosphere. Thanks!

Mag brings chaos everywhere he goes. When it works it’s awesome, when it doesn’t it’s a bit frustrating. Today it was awesome.

I think the moment is too big for Cam right now. He may get away with a few games of this intense level at Loyola, but in the B1G, it's most nights. Rutgers should run some screens to free him up for uncontested shots. We know he can shoot.

Nice change of pace from your typical recruiting recruiting threads lol. Pike should be getting more of a psss than any other coach

Great stuff as always, Bac.

Cam shoots better when receiving the pass than off the dribble. I think you'll see his performances improve when he plays more with a lineup of Paul, Caleb, Mag, and Cliff. Paul and Caleb can find him for good looks, and he will make his share. That's the starting lineup I expect we will see in the near future. Hyatt first front court guy off the bench, Simpson in the backcourt. Add in some Reiber and Woolfolk minutes as the backup 4/5 guys, and there you go most nights.

The worry isn't primarily about Cam's shooting. It is about being able to stay on the court because of his defense.

This game was about defensive execution.

Third real game and third game scoring under a point per possession. This was the Rutgers blueprint....be below average offensively, but make up for it by being elite defensively.

Rutgers can't be elite defensively with Cam and Paul playing together.

He's not meaningfully less athletic than Miller Kopp and look what Kopp was able to do.

Asking him to be the primary option was too much but he should still have an impact.
Kopp does have the advantage of being 2 or 3 inches taller than Cam, which makes it a little easier to get his shot off... He's currently shooting 53% from 3Pt for the season.

I've preached this for years. Rutgers dominates games when they crash the offensive boards. We have the size and athleticism to dominate there and it just demoralizes opponents. It asserts a level of physical dominance that carries over to the defensive end

Paul back is massive. Caleb playing with confidence. Dominating with Cliff on the bench. Simpson breaking out

Mag haters in ruins. When he plays his game, he is so important to this team

I swear you were setting this up with all the Derek Simpson comments!!!

If I didn’t know better…. I swear you have to be Jerry I.

GREAT WRITE UP!!!!’

Some observations:

- Was great to see Paul back in action. Lord we need him ! . Paul also hit the biggest shot of the game in my opinion early in the 2nd half when we were in an offensive funk.

- Love Derek Simpson ! He is Geo reincarnated ! He took the bull by the horns in the second half and was a shining star !

- Caleb played 37 minutes ending with a double / double (16/10). Man what a warrior he is.

- Mag upped his game in the 2nd half and the team's offense flowed much better with him in the lineup instead of Hyatt. Mag was a +26 leading the team and pulled some great boards

- Cliff dominated the boards in the 2nd half. Was beautiful to watch !

- Unsung contributor of the game was Dean Reiber who settled things down when Cliff was in foul trouble in the first half.

- Cam Spencer struggled again only playing 16 minutes and was -9.

- Hyatt remains an enigma. Takes too many 3's and he was a -6 today.

RAC Crowd was great ! As Jerry Carino said, game had a February atmosphere !

Where is Billy Gumper and the other losers that said Indiana was going to “ smoke us”. ? When asked a simple question about what facts or history are you pointing to to think that Indiana was capable of beating us at the RAC and despite my skepticism that I would believe it when I see it and was confident we would never see it, they said we had no chance. 6 in a row and 8 of 9 going back 5 years to Corey Sanders dunking on their butts at MSG to Derek Simpson coming out second half explosion , we own them.
Now I asked Billy Boy if he had the guts to show up on these boards after we beat Indiana and he said he would be here.

Well guess what Billy Boy is a no show. Just like the other losers that only come on these boards after a loss and do not show frustration or constructive criticism but just spew nonsense about Rutgers not having enough BIG 10 level players and Pike sucks. Enough is enough. Go root for another team if every one of your posts are extreme bullshit that show low basketball IQ. Try rooting for your team, this Rutgers team , playing without 1 or 2 starting guards for a few games , and making proclamations that we will have a losing record and other shit. They poison every thread after a loss without trying to discuss in a rationale manner what went wrong and instead say our whole team or our coach sucks. You and the rest of you and you know who you are , as does this board , want you to shut the pie hole when it is obvious you do not know shit about basketball at this level in this conference. Guess what , we just stole the ball from Trace Jackson Davis again.

Where is Billy Gumper and the other losers that said Indiana was going to “ smoke us”. ? When asked a simple question about what facts or history are you pointing to to think that Indiana was capable of beating us at the RAC and despite my skepticism that I would believe it when I see it and was confident we would never see it, they said we had no chance. 6 in a row and 8 of 9 going back 5 years to Corey Sanders dunking on their butts at MSG to Derek Simpson coming out second half explosion , we own them.
Now I asked Billy Boy if he had the guts to show up on these boards after we beat Indiana and he said he would be here.

Well guess what Billy Boy is a no show. Just like the other losers that only come on these boards after a loss and do not show frustration or constructive criticism but just spew nonsense about Rutgers not having enough BIG 10 level players and Pike sucks. Enough is enough. Go root for another team if every one of your posts are extreme bullshit that show low basketball IQ. Try rooting for your team, this Rutgers team , playing without 1 or 2 starting guards for a few games , and making proclamations that we will have a losing record and other shit. They poison every thread after a loss without trying to discuss in a rationale manner what went wrong and instead say our whole team or our coach sucks. You and the rest of you and you know who you are , as does this board , want you to shut the pie hole when it is obvious you do not know shit about basketball at this level in this conference. Guess what , we just stole the ball from Trace Jackson Davis again.
Forrest Gump should've been banned a long time ago. Guy is a complete bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT