ADVERTISEMENT

“We’re getting some help soon”

Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

Reactions: fluoxetine
If they’re not back by Wednesday then they aren’t coming this year.

I get not throwing them in vs our 2 hardest games but pretty much every game after Purdue aside from @ Purdue is a winnable game.

Not saying we’ll win most of them but we could win any of those games

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Pikiell‘s “news conferences” are jokes. He says nothing meaningful and, indeed, misleads, e.g. ‘we are getting help soon.“
He should take a listen to Tom Izzo who tells it like it is, good or bad. He told us that this is an 80 point team. Derek shoots at 20% in a game and he compliments him. Has Hyatt improved?

Pikiell‘s “news conferences” are jokes. He says nothing meaningful and, indeed, misleads, e.g. ‘we are getting help soon.“
He should take a listen to Tom Izzo who tells it like it is, good or bad. He told us that this is an 80 point team. Derek shoots at 20% in a game and he compliments him. Has Hyatt improved?
Hyatt has improved actually.

The help:
Sheridan was granted his 10th year of eligibility and Charles Barkley was given a dispensation ,erasing the fact he went pro,so he can use hie last year of eligibility after he hits the portal and comes to RU

The help:
Sheridan was granted his 10th year of eligibility and Charles Barkley was given a dispensation ,erasing the fact he went pro,so he can use hie last year of eligibility after he hits the portal and comes to RU
Barkley? I’m not sure he could rebound a missed cookie-dunk into his milk at this point.😂

• Haha
Reactions: MADHAT1
Where is the pissed away games counter for J Will.

1) Nebraska
2) Illinois
3) Purdue…?

Gambling rules re-established on 11/9.
2nd Transfer issue squashed on 12/18.
50% of Season complete on 1/14.

We know the guidelines for his issues, why aren’t they effective immediately. This should be simple.

I honestly think it’s because the NCAA never suspended him in the first place and they are so dumb they don’t know what to do.

It’s like we are trying to break into jail so we can be issued time served to GTF back out.

I bet these doofuses don’t get it settled until February 38th.

We might have the silliest or most umappreciative fanbase in all of CBB.....OR never actually pay attention to anything the NCAA does or doesn't do.....how can anyone even discuss Pike, when you're dealing with a morally bankrupt and corrupt organization like the NCAA offices??

Yet, we have fans taking shots at Pike, who's total job description, is to speak to the positive aspects of people and players, even when it's truly not warranted.

On the eve of essentially the 1st national broadcast ever at RU for the RAC, which essentially completes another of "this will or could never happen at RU", this is the nonsense on this board.

A bunch of whiny, soft comments about Pike is low-rent and disappointing but in a way, not surprising.

Mike - thanks. Knew you’d appreciate some great lyrics. 😂

Can’t believe I once saw LRB play in a tent at the Meadowlands fair once many years ago. Think I also saw them play at Great Adventure

Underrated band !

Bac - somehow you’ll need to find a way to insert these lyrics / this song into a post game report for us looking forward to next year or if Jeremiah Williams is ever released from NCAA Prison !

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
We might have the silliest or most umappreciative fanbase in all of CBB.....OR never actually pay attention to anything the NCAA does or doesn't do.....how can anyone even discuss Pike, when you're dealing with a morally bankrupt and corrupt organization like the NCAA offices??

Yet, we have fans taking shots at Pike, who's total job description, is to speak to the positive aspects of people and players, even when it's truly not warranted.

On the eve of essentially the 1st national broadcast ever at RU for the RAC, which essentially completes another of "this will or could never happen at RU", this is the nonsense on this board.

A bunch of whiny, soft comments about Pike is low-rent and disappointing but in a way, not surprising.
Take a chill pill.
The entire premise is the NCAA is screwing us.
Nothing to do with Pike, other than he said we’ve got help on the way

Yes it’s the NCAA incompetents who have stuck it to us in football and basketball. It’s not Pikiell’s fault.

Yes, let’s hang the kids out to dry. It’s not a podcast when the coach is at a presser.

Coaches have said nothing for years at them

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Take a chill pill.
The entire premise is the NCAA is screwing us.
Nothing to do with Pike, other than he said we’ve got help on the way

Pike can say whatever he wants, it's up to you and others after 8 years, to know coachspeak and how to interpret each item said. We all know what the NCAA is about or isn't about. The NCAA is not about the student athletes and never have been.

My point remains intact....RU has literally no downside to this year or situation.

A) Recruiting is the solution and is on the uptick....

B) we have the best home court advantage and venue in all of CBB

C) we have nothing to lose today, with the 1st national audience, leading into NFL Championship Sunday. If there is a sports day to play on, it's today.

D) I've watched enough CBB to know one player simply getting into foul trouble can change a game....and so can am injury to a player. That's how I view "help is on the way",....whether Williams or Ogbole play today or at all this season, isn't changing what opportunities are around the corner.

Just turn up the volume today at the RAC and let it rip....with nothing to lose and a national audience and people hearing for the 1st time today, that RU has a Top 3 Recruiting class, matters.

Opportunity is just around the corner, time to get amped up about things, not worried one second about when Williams gets cleared....but I will say if and when he does, it's another piece to the puzzle now and beyond this year. Not a savior but solid enough to improve this roster.

Pike can say whatever he wants, it's up to you and others after 8 years, to know coachspeak and how to interpret each item said. We all know what the NCAA is about or isn't about. The NCAA is not about the student athletes and never have been.

My point remains intact....RU has literally no downside to this year or situation.

C) we have nothing to lose today, with the 1st national audience, leading into NFL Championship Sunday. If there is a sports day to play on, it's today.

D) I've watched enough CBB to know one player simply getting into foul trouble can change a game....and so can am injury to a player. That's how I view "help is on the way",....whether Williams or Ogbole play today or at all this season, isn't changing what opportunities are around the corner.

Just turn up the volume today at the RAC and let it rip....with nothing to lose and a national audience and people hearing for the 1st time today, that RU has a Top 3 Recruiting class, matters.

Opportunity is just around the corner, time to get amped up about things, not worried one second about when Williams gets cleared....but I will say if and when he does, it's another piece to the puzzle now and beyond this year. Not a savior but solid enough to improve this roster.
maybe folks are just looking for some positive news and something to potentially get excited about for THIS year. Getting them out there and perhaps helping to win some games down the stretch would be welcome given our end of season downtrends last couple of years.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Pike a bit more forceful on this issue but of course I know he's at the mercy of those a$$hats.

At this point why doesnt Williams just remove the waiver, get paid an extra year and play a full season (as opposed to a half). Same for ogobole.

The season is 58% over and we have a .1% chance of making the tournament.

Next year is 0% over and according to most (i am not most) we have a 90% chance of making tournament

Reactions: toby83

This entire diatribe has nothing to do with the NCAA dragging their feet over Williams to the detriment of our team and the young man.
NOTHING you complain about and continue to insult fans over will change it.

It has nothing to do with 8 years ago, or next year.
The NCAA is screwing us and normal fans are pissed help is actually not on the way.

There’s only one constant to every one page encyclopedia like post you make.

You’re the greatest most knowledgeable fan on the planet, we have the dumbest, worst fanbase in America.
And you continue to get likes from the sheep

Last edited:
If they’re not back by Wednesday then they aren’t coming this year.

I get not throwing them in vs our 2 hardest games but pretty much every game after Purdue aside from @ Purdue is a winnable game.

Not saying we’ll win most of them but we could win any of those games
No more than 5 wins…. we can keep it close but that isn’t what Rutgers needs. We don’t have a true go to guy that has stepped up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT