ADVERTISEMENT

“We wanted this game against Rutgers, and we got it now” -Keegan Murray

Reading that quote, I fully expect them to come out with a lot of energy to start. Once that initial wave subsides, we will see what that takes our of them, and what happens. Tomorrow is not a good day for a low energy start for us.

In the first game we were 3 for 14 on layups at one point. And both Cliff and Reiber sat out the last 6:25 of the first half Because of fouls. Iowa did Not shoot a terrible percentage on their open shots. They didn’t score because of our D. I feel much better about our chances after rewatching The first game.

Amazing that some of our own fans don’t think we can win. Iowa was scoring 85+ pts per game when we shut them down the first time. And it wasn’t a fluke that they missed so many shots — that game was a war. They were exhausted.

As for now, sure they’re playing great but we also had a stretch of great play too that no one could match at the time. So, be afraid if you want but I expect us to play very well and have a chance to win it.
Yeah, well, the last 10 games they've been scoring 87 points a game...winning each by an average of 17 points.

Are you serious? There was no D in the NW game today. NONE.

Iowa is gonna have an effin tough defense in you face freakin game.

Let’s see who wins.
Yes but they can shoot and they’re on fire. Gonna be a tough game, but winnable if the right Rutgers team shows up…

Reactions: BossNJ and Scangg
It probably was a fluke. Iowa missed a ton of shots.
You say stupid and ignorant things like you never watch a game. They could hardly breathe and maybe got 2-3 open looks all night as our defense especially second half was beyond elite.
On the other hand , we missed a ton of 5-7 foot shots. We should have won that game by 15 not by a controversial late second foul call , which we almost never get.

Iowa will be locked in tomorrow. If RU wins they will have earned it. I thought both teams played really good D last time they met. That actually surprised me lol (Iowa’s D has been pretty suspect under Fran).

Well, Mr. Iowa, get your coat ready for tomorrow. Could be a cold breeze in the cornfields
If Iowa continues to play the way they've then been playing the last eleven games...this one too will be over by halftime. Could Iowa have a bad game and get cold all of a sudden? Sure but, at this point, would you bet on it? The last nine teams sure did. Regardless, Iowa is looking at at least a five seed in the tourney. Bigger fish to fry so to speak. Don't worry too much about the temperature Bridge and tunnel Dude.

Dear Mr. Murray,
I'd like to introduce to you Mr. McConnell and his friends. Good luck getting to 112 points tomorrow since you scored slightly more than one third of that last time.
See you soon
I'll make you a little wager. Iowa scores a lot more than 46 tomorrow. Take me up on it? Ffs you couldn't score 80 on NW. Bottom line, if it's not a defensive battle, you guys are screwed.

so listening to naysayers , I guess we have nothing to lose, its hopeless anyway

Actually...I may. You'd better hope for a defensive battle. If it's not...it won't be close. Define a lot? I'll go with Iowa's past ten game average of 87 points...fair enough?
I don't think Iowa gets to 87. Like someone else posted, that's about what they were avg'ing the first time they played RU. (Think it was around 84).

A lot has changed since that first game. Iowa had a different starting 5. And Rutgers found new offense in Mulcahey, Cliff O and Reiber.

It will be interesting.

I'll make you a little wager. Iowa scores a lot more than 46 tomorrow. Take me up on it? Ffs you couldn't score 80 on NW. Bottom line, if it's not a defensive battle, you guys are screwed.
IMHO I think the game will be in the 60s which will give us a good shot to win. If it's beyond that then we're in serious trouble.
Very preceptive saying that it needs to be a defensive battle. Since you refer to RU as "you guys" is it safe to assume that you're not an RU fan? If I'm correct would you like to disclose your favorite team?

Last edited:
Actually...I may. You'd better hope for a defensive battle. If it's not...it won't be close. Define a lot? I'll go with Iowa's past ten game average of 87 points...fair enough?
I seriously doubt that Iowa gets to 87. RU has given up more than 80 only three times all year.
If Iowa scores more than 87 then this game was over during the first 10 minutes.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I seriously doubt that Iowa gets to 87. RU has given up more than 80 only three times all year.
If Iowa scores more than 87 then this game was over during the first 10 minutes.
So first those thread, I'm willing to stipulate it's likely Iowa will meet its average of 87 a game. Even 90. So 90*2=180-112=68 vs Rutgers. Since Iowa thinks Rutgers wants to slow it down, predicting Rutgers 26 points off of 18 Iowa turnovers and Rutgers 81-68 victory

Reactions: colbert17
Before the first game against Iowa I went on their board and there were people betting the over thinking it was easy money. The over when they scored 46 lol

Both teams are different and better. Should be another great game. Does Caleb shut down Murray? Ron guarded him a lot last game I believe but I think we need our best defender on Murray and save Ron's energy for offense

Reactions: BossNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT