ADVERTISEMENT

“We wanted this game against Rutgers, and we got it now” -Keegan Murray

I was just going to add that Garza got away with a TON of stuff because he was in that chosen player category the last two seasons, so it's rich to see Iowa fans complain about the whistle.
There were different rules for Garza. Moving screens, travels, elbows etc

Chill dude, the Woman’s tournament wrapped up last weekend. Take that whiny shiit back to your rural farm courts. It’s a rough and tough man’s game today. Your board was hilarious with their complaints about how you didn’t get touch foul calls on every possession last game.

PS - Iowa fans have ZERO credibility, ZERO, regarding officiating. The whole hoops world witnessed the Lurch… err Garza circus of fouls not called and walks allowed for two seasons with Franny acting like an angry housewives of Iowa cast member.
Rural farm courts? You must not travel much. Plus I don't live in Iowa.

Let me remind young Mr. Murry what the great Mike Tyson once said when asked by a reporter whether he was worried about Evander Holyfield and his fight plan: “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." Iowa better be ready for the punch in the mouth coming this afternoon!

Reactions: RW90
I don't understand the surprise at the player's statement. They are a really good offensive team and were held to 46 points and lost on a weak foul call. Why would a competitive athlete not want another shot at that opponent?
I agree, but doesn't mean we can't use it to fire us up!

If I was Murray, I would want this game bad. If he didn't, that would be weak as hell

As a Rutgers fan, it's be careful what you wish for

Before the first game against Iowa I went on their board and there were people betting the over thinking it was easy money. The over when they scored 46 lol

Both teams are different and better. Should be another great game. Does Caleb shut down Murray? Ron guarded him a lot last game I believe but I think we need our best defender on Murray and save Ron's energy for offense
I would think the over is the bet here. Both teams missed a bunch of shots the first matchup. Those go in for both teams and the over hits.

I don't think Iowa gets to 87. Like someone else posted, that's about what they were avg'ing the first time they played RU. (Think it was around 84).

A lot has changed since that first game. Iowa had a different starting 5. And Rutgers found new offense in Mulcahey, Cliff O and Reiber.

It will be

nim·rod
/ˌnimräd/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. 1.
    LITERARY
    a skillful hunter.
    "nimrods take to the field after everything from prairie dogs to grizzly bears"
Hmmmm

If Iowa continues to play the way they've then been playing the last eleven games...this one too will be over by halftime. Could Iowa have a bad game and get cold all of a sudden? Sure but, at this point, would you bet on it? The last nine teams sure did. Regardless, Iowa is looking at at least a five seed in the tourney. Bigger fish to fry so to speak. Don't worry too much about the temperature Bridge and tunnel Dude.

You'll get rocked in the Tourney, and I'll go back to stealing your girl and bringing her on a PATH ride back to Newark while your obviously mid-western ass stands baffled in some crappy Hell's Kitchen bar, never quite understanding what good bread is, or how to pronounce "mozzarella".

You'll get rocked in the Tourney, and I'll go back to stealing your girl and bringing her on a PATH ride back to Newark while your obviously mid-western ass stands baffled in some crappy Hell's Kitchen bar, never quite understanding what good bread is, or how to pronounce "mozzarella".
They were supposed to get rocked today. Plus I don't live in the Midwest. Lol, steal my girl? Ha, give it a shot.

Your lack of knowledge is entertaining. I’ve been to all fifty states. Nothing like bragging about not knowing.
Impressive for someone who comes off like he lives in his parents basement

Yes, Iowa is all farms and rural just like NJ is all Newark, Trenton and Camden. Geez, lets broad brush and stereotype like its 1930 lol!

The 4 years of Geo, Mulcahy, Harper and McConnell have been fun to watch and brought Rutgers to a new level of hoops. Look at the big picture vs. today.

Good luck in the tourney. Rutgers is a team that can compete with anyone.

The Hawkeye's won.
That's all that should be said, except Rutgers gave their all to the end.
Congrats go to Iowa, respect to the Scarlet Knights
as well as kudos to both HCs

I went to school in Iowa. How can you claim it's not mostly farms and livestock?
Yes, those Murray boys from Cedar Rapids sure know how to milk a Jersey
OIP.rLlVu_GMFPMujlir1ieFmwHaE8

Enjoy sweating it out on the bubble Sunday while Iowa is winning the BTT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT