ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Lineup Thoughts

I believe he wrestled six qualifiers and lost three by a point and the other three were not close. I still think out of all our guys next year he has the best chance at 149 to aa. Other people that are much closer to the program probably know if he’s all in to make a run or not.

I believe he wrestled six qualifiers and lost three by a point and the other three were not close. I still think out of all our guys next year he has the best chance at 149 to aa. Other people that are much closer to the program probably know if he’s all in to make a run or not.

I have seen Goodale make changes in season multiple times.I remember when Pagano made the NCAAs he was not the starter at the time.He beat a couple of ranked kids thrusting him into the role.I think the opens as Goody mentioned will determine the final lineups come January. Starters initially will still have to compete with performance results to keep their spots.All good problems to have with the unknown from the line up 125-165.Multiple redshirts to use at least for this season.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Heard an interesting rumor from someone who knows NJ high school wrestling very well, wanted to see if anyone else has heard this before. Apparently Sebastian Rivera is going to graduate from Northwestern this year as a redshirt junior and at the moment, plans to transfer to Rutgers for his graduate year. Similar to what Seth Gross has done this season, minus the stuff that landed him at SD St in the first place obviously. Just wanted to see if there was any substance to this.

Heard an interesting rumor from someone who knows NJ high school wrestling very well, wanted to see if anyone else has heard this before. Apparently Sebastian Rivera is going to graduate from Northwestern this year as a redshirt junior and at the moment, plans to transfer to Rutgers for his graduate year. Similar to what Seth Gross has done this season, minus the stuff that landed him at SD St in the first place obviously. Just wanted to see if there was any substance to this.

As much as I would love for that to be true, it's sounds crazy at this point but what do I know.

With that being said, if that actually happens and Nick comes back for 2020-2021 as well, wow...

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow

Yes, he will graduate this year.
Yes, this rumor has legs.
Will it happen? I would give it a 60/40 in our favor.

As much as I would love for that to be true, it's sounds crazy at this point but what do I know.

With that being said, if that actually happens and Nick comes back for 2020-2021 as well, wow...

Kind of why I want Alvarez to earn a starting role this year. Maybe Aguilar at 125 and Alvarez at 133. If we can pull off the Rivera-Suriano combo next year, it allows Alvarez to get a year experience now and redshirt next year. Aguilar kind of gets a raw deal and ends up burning his redshirt sophomore year as a depth guy.

Wow that means we have a 5 man bracket wrestle off - Vanbrill, Glasgow, Vulakh, Kannaird & Harrison.A serious log jam at the weight with only one spot. A good problem to have with 4 out of the 5 still having a redshirt.
Maybe Vanbrill is our starter for this year or Vulakh ascends based on his progression.I just don't see Glasgow getting down to 149 except there is some nutritional plan in place.We don't want a repeat of Vanbrill sucking down with no energy.Maybe Glasgow redshirts too with the hope he jumps levels as we expected.
Ill take Kanniard @57...Kids the real deal...Hope we dont have another yr of overrating SG

Or more accurately, hopefully we don't have another year of throwing SG out at an sundersized weight. Kid has serious potential. No need to throw him under the bus.

Agree I think he’s got a lot of potential. 165 just doesn’t seem to be a good weight.

Or more accurately, hopefully we don't have another year of throwing SG out at an sundersized weight. Kid has serious potential. No need to throw him under the bus.
Some of you act like SG was as you say thrown out as an undersized 165 ...he lost the 157 wrestle off and when you lose you have to accept the consequences which in that instance was going at 165 .....if same thing happens this year then I guess he wasn’t as good as projected .....end of story ..

Some of you act like SG was as you say thrown out as an undersized 165 ...he lost the 157 wrestle off and when you lose you have to accept the consequences which in that instance was going at 165 .....if same thing happens this year then I guess he wasn’t as good as projected .....end of story ..
The consequences only occurred because of our piss poor recruiting at the weight class. If we had recruited the weight class properly or got a transfer, it would have been perfectly normal for a true freshman coming off an injury to redshirt and wrestle in open tournaments. The extenuating circumstances however made the decision for the coaches and wrestler.

Reactions: belushijo
We have more than enough wrestlers at the weights now.I think Glasgow redshirts with Vanbrill starting at 157 or possibly Vulakh & Kannaird also.We are in good shape with any of the three emerging as the starter.I think Vanbrill has something to prove this year after the suck down job went array.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
He was thrown out there on one leg, several times. There were matches he could barely walk back to the center of the mat. Maybe he will end up being completely overrated, none of us really know at this point. Personally I happen to think he can be a good one for us when healthy and not giving up weight. We'll probably have a definitive answer this season on whether or not my sentiment is realistic.

He was thrown out there on one leg, several times. There were matches he could barely walk back to the center of the mat. Maybe he will end up being completely overrated, none of us really know at this point. Personally I happen to think he can be a good one for us when healthy and not giving up weight. We'll probably have a definitive answer this season on whether or not my sentiment is realistic.

Sounds like old news to me.Whoever wins or who the coaches feels is the best starter starts. Overrated or not the damage is done Glasgow might not even be back doing anything this year.We would like to see each wrestler be successful whoever lines up to wrestle.Our coaches learned a valuable lesson having depth for this season recruiting multiple wrestlers for the weight.Unfortunately it might have been at Glasgow's expense.

We will be fine regardless of what happens.Good competition in the room.
Vanbrill will be ready to go at a weight he can carry and lots of energy.

Last edited:
Sounds like old news to me.Whoever wins or who the coaches feels is the best starter starts. Overrated or not the damage is done Glasgow might not even be back doing anything this year.We would like to see each wrestler be successful whoever lines up to wrestle.Our coaches learned a valuable lesson having depth for this season recruiting multiple wrestlers for the weight.Unfortunately it might have be at Glasgow's expense.

We will be fine regardless of what happens.Good competition in the room.
Vanbrill will be ready to go at a weight he can carry and lots of energy.
Old news that happens to be factual. And worth pointing out to the Van Brill fan club.

Internet doesn’t have anyone ranked except for Grello (17)...

realisticaly how many NQs do we have this year?
Three?

Realistically
141,174,285, 197 (Former NCAA Qualifier Correnti)

Potential
You would hope that we get one qualifier from 125 or 133
you would hope we get one qualifier from 157 or 165

I would put the over/under betting line at 6.5

Overrated or not the damage is done Glasgow might not even be back doing anything this year.Unfortunately it might have been at Glasgow's expense.
Did you hear this or is this pure speculation on your part. You made an assumption in the wrestle off thread and are now doubling down on your own speculation in this thread. What makes you so sure it's Glasgow and not say a Correnti who looked totally disinterested last year or someone else. @Harleyr1 did not confirm your wild speculation he simply stated Glasgow will not be at 165 and that @Abro1975 was misguided on that account.

Randy HarrisontoPhillipsburg Wrestling fans
·
"Asking for prayers for Cody ,he has been having some knee pain and as it turns out he has arthritis in both knees."

This is horrible that's why we just don't know what these wrestlers are going through.When we question their injuries and how they handle it.We have to be very careful about what we post and the overall effect it can have on them physically, mentally and psychologically.

Cody get better!!!

Reactions: IsItLuck
Internet doesn’t have anyone ranked except for Grello (17)...

realisticaly how many NQs do we have this year?
Three?

Grello should qualify. I think Correnti should have a decent shot as well. Among the freshmen, I think Janzer and Aguilar have the best chances but I could be wrong. Anyone else who qualifies would be surprising to me. Next year is when we take a huge step.

Grello should qualify. I think Correnti should have a decent shot as well. Among the freshmen, I think Janzer and Aguilar have the best chances but I could be wrong. Anyone else who qualifies would be surprising to me. Next year is when we take a huge step.

Lipari qualified last year, I would expect him to qualify as well.
For some reason I thought Collucci qualified last year.
That would lower my over/under to 5.5 to 6.

Fair enough. Who knows, maybe we could be in for a surprise. There’s a lot of guys taking Olympic redshirts to there should be a few open spots at each weight class up for grabs.

Reactions: R U Crazy
What I think we will see this coming weekend.
125 - Aguilar gets 2, Robinson gets 1
133 - Alvarez gets 2, Firestone gets 1
141 - LiPari gets 3, think its too early to pull Aragona RS
149 - Santos gets 2 or 3, Maybe Benner gets 1
157 - Van Brill gets 3
165 - I have no idea, If Turley can go I say give him all 3
174 - Grello gets 2, Oliveri gets 1
184 - Janzer gets 2, Scott gets 1
197 - Correnti gets 2, Lightner gets 1
285 - Colucci gets 2, Esposito gets 1

What I think we will see this coming weekend.
125 - Aguilar gets 2, Robinson gets 1
133 - Alvarez gets 2, Firestone gets 1
141 - LiPari gets 3, think its too early to pull Aragona RS
149 - Santos gets 2 or 3, Maybe Benner gets 1
157 - Van Brill gets 3
165 - I have no idea, If Turley can go I say give him all 3
174 - Grello gets 2, Oliveri gets 1
184 - Janzer gets 2, Scott gets 1
197 - Correnti gets 2, Lightner gets 1
285 - Colucci gets 2, Esposito gets 1
I don't think Robinson can handle the cut to 25, which is why he was dominated. I expect him back up to 33.

Reactions: PSUPOWER
Do you lose redshirt eligibility after one match or is there a grace period like football has where you can play a few games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT