ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule

We still have an open game on the schedule.
Any rumors who we are going to play?
The open date is September 10.

I've seen Monmouth mentioned, which makes sense, since the 2020 game was cancelled. However, Monmouth has a home game scheduled for that date, and they might not want to give it up. Plus under B1G policy we may not schedule FCS next year, as we play five B1G home games. However, I think that's more of a guideline than a rule.

Fully expect it to be a home FCS opponent on 9/10. Hopefully another local game (one of the few bright spots to come from Ash era).

Give me a local FCS team (not an HBCU that we win 60-0 without breaking a sweat), and I'm happy. Fordham, Albany, Rhode Island, Lafayette, Maine, etc.

I expect it is going to be a home game with either a Sun Belt, Conf USA, or the MAC. I don’t think we can schedule and FCS school due to the five conference home game rule. Not that it is a hard and fast law but generally FCS games are only when we have four conference home games. It is a guideline, so it may be bypassed but I would think we will try and get an FBS team. OR, maybe UCONN or some other Indy, I haven’t looked at their schedule.

Just took a quick look at future schedules. There are very few FBS teams available that week.

Stony Brook and Wagner are both open that week.

True they are open that week, but they each already have an FBS road game on their schedule. They may not want a second one. This will be a consideration for scheduling any FCS team at this late date.

Reactions: colbert17
True they are open that week, but they each already have an FBS road game on their schedule. They may not want a second one. This will be a consideration for scheduling any FCS team at this late date.
Money is known to be a pretty good motivator. It may depend on if 2 FBS losses has any impact on FCS playoff seeding. Also, Delaware came out of the game pretty much unscathed. Although Rutgers plays hard, they do not cheapshot beaten teams. After all, they are Rutgers Men.

Reactions: zoby
They are going to want a home and away, but Boise State and USC are open. UL-Monroe is open.

They are going to want a home and away, but Boise State and USC are open. UL-Monroe is open.
Your mention of USC brings up another scheduling issue. Now that the Alliance is in place, it's been reported that the B1G and the PAC-12 will drop down to eight conference games, and book an Alliance intersectional game in its place. (ACC is already at eight.) Reportedly this could happen as early as next year. So perhaps USC is in our future.

One complicating factor is that the B1G has 14 teams and the PAC-12 only has 12. So if this does come to pass, two B1G teams would be left scrambling for a game.

Reactions: RUPsyched
We should save money and just have a scrimmage.
How much money did we make money from the Delaware game?

I just took a look at next years schedule on fbschedules.com and we only have two games on the schedule. There is an open date sept 10. At this time of year how are we going to find a team to play next year. I have to believe everyone has a full slate and the few, like us, who do not are probably already playing on sept 10. Is there a chance we only play eleven games next year.

Don’t forget the FCS payday game TBD.
i would assume that even most of them have either filled their schedule by now, or, if they still have an open date it would have to be on the 10th of sept. Maybe we could open on the last weekend of August but still, we are cutting it really close.

I just took a look at next years schedule on fbschedules.com and we only have two games on the schedule. There is an open date sept 10. At this time of year how are we going to find a team to play next year. I have to believe everyone has a full slate and the few, like us, who do not are probably already playing on sept 10. Is there a chance we only play eleven games next year.
We can add Norfolk state or Howard lol

i would assume that even most of them have either filled their schedule by now, or, if they still have an open date it would have to be on the 10th of sept. Maybe we could open on the last weekend of August but still, we are cutting it really close.
I think I saw that Albany is open on that date.

Perhaps a team new to FBS (1st season as FBS). Is James Madison one of those programs?

Perhaps a team new to FBS (1st season as FBS). Is James Madison one of those programs?

They'll be in transition from FCS to FBS. According to the way it used to be, JMU would be an FCS (ineligible for postseason) in the first year of transition (2022), and FBS (ineligible for bowls) in the second year of transition (2023).

However, I'm hearing that due to COVID-19 and additional player eligibility, JMU may have enough schollies to accelerate that transition and could be considered FBS by next year. Haven't seen that confirmed, though. The only thing I have seen is that wins vs JMU would be considered "FBS wins" next year.

UNH open? Our second string could get a good amount of reps in

Anyone remember that quote from 2002? Classic

(I actually busted his chops about it in Yellow parking 10yrs later. My God, was watching RU football fun for close to 10yrs after that loss. We competed.)

Last edited:
UNH open? Our second string could get a good amount of reps in

Anyone remember that quote from 2002? Classic

(I actually busted his chops about it in Yellow parking 10yrs later. My God, was watching RU football fun for close to 10yrs after that loss. We competed.)

Actually that might apply to the current version of UNH. That was a 1-AA playoff team. The current team is 3-6. Blown out by Pitt 77-7. Lost to Dartmouth 38-21 and Albany 20-7.

Reactions: MozRU
I would say bring in Akron U, they are really bad, but Sparty already booked them for that weekend.

I wish we could renew the series with Arkansas! Arkansas opens with Cincinnati next year and then has South Carolina on the 10th.

Despite y’all kicking our arse’s both games, it was a fun home and home series.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT