ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule

No USC, no Boise, no JMU.

Our schedule is hard enough as it is. Based on the posts, I would like UConn or Stony Brook. What about UMass? Are they available?

I don’t care if we lose, I want the trip to see RU in LA. Bring on the Trojans

I don’t care if we lose, I want the trip to see RU in LA. Bring on the Trojans
RU-USC could happen next year if both B1G and PAC-12 drop one conference game to schedule one inter-conference. I doubt it though. I think the powers that be would match USC up with a more "attractive" B1G opponent.

Final four games in 2022 brutal. Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, Pedd State. There's never been an RU team that could handle that gauntlet.
GS....keep recruiting.

A few weeks ago I checked some FBS schedules and at that time these schools still had an open date on Sept. 10

N.C. Central
North Alabama
Hampton
New Hampshire ( maybe we could put that baby to rest)
Elon
Albany
Stony Brook

GS seemed to like getting a HBCU team.
That's why I'm thinking Hampton (5-6 this year with a 40 point loss to Old Dominion) or NC Central (6-5 with a 34 point loss to Marshall).

GS seemed to like getting a HBCU team.
That's why I'm thinking Hampton (5-6 this year with a 40 point loss to Old Dominion) or NC Central (6-5 with a 34 point loss to Marshall).
Why? We have zero history with those trash teams. At least a Stony Brook or Albany is semi attractive for fans in this part of the country, and right now we kind of need to get the fans in the stadium.

A few weeks ago I checked some FBS schedules and at that time these schools still had an open date on Sept. 10

N.C. Central
North Alabama
Hampton
New Hampshire ( maybe we could put that baby to rest)
Elon
Albany
Stony Brook
Ricky Santos is the Associate Head Coach and QB Coach.

Why? We have zero history with those trash teams. At least a Stony Brook or Albany is semi attractive for fans in this part of the country, and right now we kind of need to get the fans in the stadium.
Just saying that we had a history with the HBCU teams. From 2006 through 2017 we played a MEAC school each year (Howard 5X, Norfolk St. 4X, NC Central and Morgan St.). In addition their bands always put on a great show.
I don't have a problem with Albany or Stony Brook, I'm just saying that I can see this scheduling happening again.

Last edited:
Neither Stony Brook nor Albany will draw fans. Again though I have no problem playing either one.

Yeah, but they bring great bands for halftime.

Last I checked UCONN has 11 games but not an available date. Any chance of a week 0 games at the end of August to kick off the season? I don’t know how that week gets scheduled (is: if it requires a special exemption from ncaa) or if there is something between RU and UCONN that would prevent it. But it is local and might generate a little buzz.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT