ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten commissioner defends absurd Friday night schedule

Sleep disruption disrupts circadian rhythm and negatively affects performance.

Of particular concern is additional east-west travel that results in circadian rhythm disruptions commonly called jet lag that contribute to the loss of amount as well as quality of sleep. Circadian misalignment and sleep deprivation and/or sleep disturbances have profound effects on physical and mental health and performance.

It's scheduled for after the world series game. That's why it's a one off
And like I said in another post (#34) if you're worried about the playoffs then it should have been scheduled for another date. There's 14 weeks and only 9 Friday night games. Although schedule makers like to act like they're putting the next man on the moon. it's not that hard to work out.

Last edited:
UCLA at home on a Saturday followed by a cross country trip to face USC Friday night on the road. Tough setup.

And like I said in another post (#34) if you're worried about the playoffs then it should have been scheduled for another date. There's 14 weeks and only 9 Friday night games. Although schedule makers like to act like they're putting the next man on the moon. it's not that hard to work out.
Fox's theory is that the world series will be a powerful lead in to the game. Agree or disagree there is nothing thoughtless or careless about it.

One of our best season ever had Thursday night games and one in particular that raised the roof.

I’m all for some games on a Friday that highlight us as a team rather than getting mixed into all games on a Saturday. Give us the spotlight and WIN!!

The USC game is at 11:00 because the B1G, likely with input from its HIGHLY COVETED new member, wanted it at 11:00.

That is that. There is nothing further to discuss. I don't mean to sound snarky, but really, there isn't.
USC definitely did not want 11 pm. They wanted 8 pm - which is what they got.

It's all about perspective. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT