ADVERTISEMENT

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Jess Fisch and Jonathan Smith probably would have been candidates but bad timing.

Tom Herman, PJ Fleck, Barry Odom, Matt Campbell are some experienced HC names I’ve seen mentioned.

Will Stein Oregon OC and Ryan Grubb Alabama OC and Tony White Nebraska DC and D’Anton Lynn USC DC are non HCs I’ve seen mentioned.

Oh wow, didn’t see that coming with Grubb. Looks like the Seahawks hired the Alabama OL coach too. There’s always a bigger fish lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Tom Herman, PJ Fleck, Barry Odom, Matt Campbell are some experienced HC names I’ve seen mentioned.

Will Stein Oregon OC and Ryan Grubb Alabama OC and Tony White Nebraska DC and D’Anton Lynn USC DC are non HCs I’ve seen mentioned.
Tony White , is in my opinion, the one that gwets the job.
Well respected DC and rising star in coaching ranks along with having played for the Bruins.
No previous HC experience is a drawback, but UCLA might not hold that against White because they might feel he's ready for being a HC and, since Tony's considered a good recruiter, will bring in the type of talent to help the program win in the B1G

Tony White , is in my opinion, the one that gwets the job.
Well respected DC and rising star in coaching ranks along with having played for the Bruins.
No previous HC experience is a drawback, but UCLA might not hold that against White because they might feel he's ready for being a HC and, since Tony's considered a good recruiter, will bring in the type of talent to help the program win in the B1G
He played at UCLA so that’s possible given Jarmond’s quote of choosing someone that wants to be there.

• The Scoop reports
  • >Baltimore Ravens: Defensive pass game coordinator / secondary coach Chris Hewitt has been elevated to assistant head coach, per Aaron Wilson.
  • Rutgers (2004)
    Graduate assistant
  • Rutgers (2005–2007)
    Director of speed and skill development
  • Rutgers (2008–2009)
    Cornerbacks coach
  • Rutgers (2010–2011)
    Running backs coach<

I was wondering about Troy Taylor but he just got to Stanford and it wasn't a great year so wasn't sure if he might be considered.

Wonder if this clears the path for Steve Shimko to come back to RU as TE coach?
Since Steve was BC's OC in 2023 and Will Lawing is supposed to be Bill O'Brien's choice for that role under him, Shimko might just decide a return to RU is his best move if another OC position isn't in the cards for him.
Being TE coach and adding QB coach duties might be a win for RU and look good on Steve's resume, especially if the RU QBs look good in 2024 and the Tight End position proves solid under his guidance.

Since Steve was BC's OC in 2023 and Will Lawing is supposed to be Bill O'Brien's choice for that role under him, Shimko might just decide a return to RU is his best move if another OC position isn't in the cards for him.
Being TE coach and adding QB coach duties might be a win for RU and look good on Steve's resume, especially if the RU QBs look good in 2024 and the Tight End position proves solid under his guidance.
Steve is a Ewing guy. He might like to come home. Could probably even live close to his hometown.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Do you count Alabama's wins over the Citadel or whatever tomato can they play?

They all count.
All the tomato cans count, sure…they count as tomato cans. The SEC teams schedule many more tomato cans than the B1G, usually twice as many.

Like RU scheduling Hampton, Warner, Liberty, Wagner, umass?
Warner??????????????
Kurt or Curtis
Liberty 13-1 and a top 25, the perfect cupcake game
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Please read this carefully.

Rutgers and B1G teams schedule ONE tomato can per year.

SEC teams schedule TWO tomato cans per year.

Big difference.
Have you seen who Rutgers schedules sunshine? Hampton…Wagner. RU and b1g need no be casting stones…that glass house can crash quite quickly. 🤭 SEC, does need to go to a 9 game Conf schedule but don’t pretend their cupcakes are any tastier then the b1g’s….that’s just stupid and uninformed.

Have you seen who Rutgers schedules sunshine? Hampton…Wagner. RU and b1g need no be casting stones…that glass house can crash quite quickly. 🤭 SEC, does need to go to a 9 game Conf schedule but don’t pretend their cupcakes are any tastier then the b1g’s….that’s just stupid and uninformed.
What was the last RU vs.Hampton football score and how many times did RU football schedule that cupcake over the years ???
Or are yu including basketball cupcakes in your scheduling complaint ?
MBB & WBB cupcake games might be better complaining about in the TKR boards set up to discuss them.
Rutgers football plays one cupcake like Wagner a year.
MBB and WBB programs, including Rutgers , usually puts in a few cupcakes in their schedule before conference play begins.

Are you a Rutgers fan?

I agree, you silly little boy. The SEC schedules 100% more cupcakes than Rutgers does.

From the Scoop
Sit news
Illinois: Illinois has hired former Illini quarterback Artur Sitkowski and former NFL player Byron Bell as offensive graduate assistants.

What was Artur last year? Volunteer ?
What I found in Illi's website
Sitkowski served as a student assistant in 2023
so your guess of volunteer is probably right when he was a student assistant ( working for free , maybe just tuition being covered part of job) and as a grad assistant ( this year) getting paid and taking a graduate course
>Artur Sitkowski - Graduate Assistant Coach, Offense - Staff Directory - University of Illinois Athletics<
https://fightingillini.com/staff-directory/artur-sitkowski/2028

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT