ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Lacrosse Preview: No. 15 Rutgers (Men)

I am hearing good things from the first week of practice too 6 on offense should be very strong with some solid kids to help.

Reactions: Wagram97
Like this quote from a rival:

"This is what I do know: I know Ross Scott, I know Knobloch, and that’s a hell of a place to start."

Ross is going to have a huge season. With the addition of Colin Kelly who can sling it in the class of Bartolo and Kirst, Ross is completely opened up to do Ross Scott things. It doesn't hurt that he gained some real valuable experience playing for Canada's national teams.

It's going to be interesting to see how the middie lines shake out. Obviously we have Knobloch and Aimone on the first line but do you put Colin Kurdyla out there with them or move him on to the second line for more fire power there.

We will see our DMids playing a lot of offense like we typically do which is essentially another 3rd midfield line.

I would think we get Colin Kurdyla on the first line with Aimone and Knobloch. Knobloch is going to draw every team's best pole which will open the field up for the other two who are going to be a nightmare for short sticks. Knobloch is playing at a sublime level. He has to be in the conversation for best middie in the country. Expecting Aimone to have a massive year.

Ross is going to have a huge season. With the addition of Colin Kelly who can sling it in the class of Bartolo and Kirst, Ross is completely opened up to do Ross Scott things. It doesn't hurt that he gained some real valuable experience playing for Canada's national teams.

It's going to be interesting to see how the middie lines shake out. Obviously we have Knobloch and Aimone on the first line but do you put Colin Kurdyla out there with them or move him on to the second line for more fire power there.

We will see our DMids playing a lot of offense like we typically do which is essentially another 3rd midfield line.

I would think we get Colin Kurdyla on the first line with Aimone and Knobloch. Knobloch is going to draw every team's best pole which will open the field up for the other two who are going to be a nightmare for short sticks. Knobloch is playing at a sublime level. He has to be in the conversation for best middie in the country. Expecting Aimone to have a massive year.
So who do you see filling out the next line of mids?

So who do you see filling out the next line of mids?
Hard to say. I’m sure the staff has a good idea given we are close to show time but there are a handful of guys including Sidorski, Brady Kurdyla, Logan Peters, Ringer, Teresky and freshman Zeller are in the mix, then you have talents like Murphy who is an attackman but you almost have to find some time for them, most likely in invert situations. All good problems to have. Who gels and who is performing.

Hope you are right about Aimone because scoring threats from midfield have me a little concerned but I won't pretend to know the transfer personnel we added. I honestly have no idea what to expect from this roster. Retooling the defense, FOGO, second middie line....so many questions about to be answered.

Reactions: rufamily
Hope you are right about Aimone because scoring threats from midfield have me a little concerned but I won't pretend to know the transfer personnel we added. I honestly have no idea what to expect from this roster. Retooling the defense, FOGO, second middie line....so many questions about to be answered.
I am very high on the first midfield line of Knobloch. Aimone and C. Kurdyla are all great athletes and playing with Knobloch assures Aimone and Kurdyla the Shorties, both can handle a pole as Aimone was an attackman in the early part of his college career but now loves playing middie and Kurdyla basically saw a pole since he was a freshman in HS. envision playing a big little game with Knobloch and one of them, if you switch Knobloch now has a shortie, if you stay Kurdyla and Aimone now have a step on their guy and can both shoot with either hand. This midfield can be a real problem for a defense. Watch out for the Transfer from Amherst he is solid.

I am tempering expectations a little bit because I haven't seen it live yet but people in the program are very optimistic. I won't give away too much here but the staff typically plays things really close to the vest. Even when they know they have a stacked hand like in 22. The players and staff are excited about the potential of this team Ill just say that.

The biggest concern for me is experience. Not that these guys don't all have it but experience together. When you think back to the 21 and 22 teams, those dudes had played so much ball together that they didn't need to think. It was all robo play. Didn't hurt that we had studs at every level. Multiple studs at every level. The longer time goes on the more it becomes obvious how much talent was on that field in a Rutgers uniform.

There will come a time this season where we are going to have to fight through the lack of experience together and in the system. I am sure of this.

The good news is I believe we have the kids to do it. One thing that goes unspoken about is almost every transfer we got was the captain of their team. Some multi year captains like Hund. The Towson coach isn't naming a kid a 3x captain if he isn't a leader. That's a big piece of Towson's program. We have team full of them which bodes well when adversity hits, which it always does every season.

We get a little lucky on the injury bug which crushed us last season and we are going to make some waves. Game experience gelling together will be key.

I am very high on the first midfield line of Knobloch. Aimone and C. Kurdyla are all great athletes and playing with Knobloch assures Aimone and Kurdyla the Shorties, both can handle a pole as Aimone was an attackman in the early part of his college career but now loves playing middie and Kurdyla basically saw a pole since he was a freshman in HS. envision playing a big little game with Knobloch and one of them, if you switch Knobloch now has a shortie, if you stay Kurdyla and Aimone now have a step on their guy and can both shoot with either hand. This midfield can be a real problem for a defense. Watch out for the Transfer from Amherst he is solid.

Been impressed with what I've seen from Aimone's off hand. You can see he's been working really hard on it. I'm sure seeing the success Knobloch has had going either way helps. If he continues to put his right hand on tape, our first line is going to cause some major headaches for d coordinators.

I am tempering expectations a little bit because I haven't seen it live yet but people in the program are very optimistic. I won't give away too much here but the staff typically plays things really close to the vest. Even when they know they have a stacked hand like in 22. The players and staff are excited about the potential of this team Ill just say that.

The biggest concern for me is experience. Not that these guys don't all have it but experience together. When you think back to the 21 and 22 teams, those dudes had played so much ball together that they didn't need to think. It was all robo play. Didn't hurt that we had studs at every level. Multiple studs at every level. The longer time goes on the more it becomes obvious how much talent was on that field in a Rutgers uniform.

There will come a time this season where we are going to have to fight through the lack of experience together and in the system. I am sure of this.

The good news is I believe we have the kids to do it. One thing that goes unspoken about is almost every transfer we got was the captain of their team. Some multi year captains like Hund. The Towson coach isn't naming a kid a 3x captain if he isn't a leader. That's a big piece of Towson's program. We have team full of them which bodes well when adversity hits, which it always does every season.

We get a little lucky on the injury bug which crushed us last season and we are going to make some waves. Game experience gelling together will be key.
seems the PLL agrees with you about the 22 team as another member is going to the show

This weekend is also the official visit for the class of 2024 players. Beautiful weather to welcome them on campus!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT