ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2024 QB AJ Surace commits to Rutgers

oh boy dunk GIF
This gif will almost always get a like from me.

Out of curiosity why is he only a 3 star? What is rivals ratings system seeing that knocks him from being a 4 star?

My brother lives in Lawrenceville and my niece goes to ND HS. Hear nothing but great things about this kid both on and off the field. Had a lot of interest so says a lot about his feelings towards Rutgers to shut it down and help build this year’s recruiting class…great pick up.
Nice to hear stuff like this.

Welcome to Rutgers! Thanks for sticking with us even without Coach Gleeson. Looking forward to watching you compete.

My son is friends with AJ...goes to high school with him. He's a GREAT kid...everything you want in a recruit...really good person. Plays with a weak offensive line and gets things done. Very strong arm...accurate...mobile enough...tough as shit...son of a college head coach...brain of a QB. We got lucky he didn't give up on RU when Gleeson was fired. He's known Gleeson since he was young. No idea how he will adjust to the college game, but this is a great get.

Would it not be a B1G KICK in the BUTT if this PRINCETON raised kid becomes THE BEST QB to EVER play for RUTGERS.?
I don't care if the kids name is Patrick Sandusky Jr. if he can play QB at a high level.

Kinda surprised he didn't want to play for his dad but great to have him.

Al…have you rationalized yet how both Surace and Sheppard will be Heisman finalists in 2026 ? Will one of them get moved to DB and return punts ?

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Plays with a weak offensive line and gets things done. Very strong arm...accurate...mobile enough...tough as shit...l

Almost a prerequisite for a successful Rutgers QB recently. Thoughts and prayers it won't be necessary by the time he arrives.

Reactions: ScarletDog
Since you have made it clear you know NOTHING about the young man, who are you to critique?
You haven't learned to hit the ignore button on him?
You are the worst poster on this site. I’m doubtful you’re even a Rutgers fan.
Again...ignore button time!!
I don't care if the kids name is Patrick Sandusky Jr. if he can play QB at a high level.
Carefuil there. Any Sandusky, or Cult references should tread with caution.

Kinda surprised he didn't want to play for his dad but great to have him.
Big 10 FB vs Ivy League competition was probably first consideration. Perhaps having family close by was next (others would know better). After that OC/HC. Finally talent in front (OL) and skill positions (particularly WR). I think Rutgers OL now has the talent and the bodies they need and now also a coach that can coach. WR talent is not deep, but has some pieces such as Chris Long. Still have time to get that one right thanks to transfer portal and recruiting of more athletes that you can put there to develop. Again, a Coach that can coach at that position should help. All that is left is someone to sling it.

Good point.
And Bill Belichick sent his son to Rutgers. I'm sick of the things being said about Schiano. He's built a big ten quality defense and I'm optimistic the offense will come around. I haven't lost faith in him. Look at the job Pikiell has done. Despite it being far easier to build a successful basketball team it still took Pike at least 4 years to turn the program around and start seeing meaningful results.

And for the dyslexics, it’s not Sauce, it’s Surace, but I think Sauce could work too.

He does not play the best competition. And does have some things to work on.
He has another year to move up to 4 star and to put on some more weight and muscle. Love his throws- he doesn’t telegraph his throws and he leads the receiver. Lots of potential to be the real deal. Assume he competes for starter as sophomore year, we should have greatly improved OL with the 22,23and 24 recruits in place. 4 years ago , some said we would never be a top tier BB program in B1G and now we are attracting 4 &5 star recruits. FB does take longer, but starting this fall I believe the we will see progress to give us hope.

Reactions: Kbee3
He does not play the best competition. And does have some things to work on.
He's a junior. There's time to work on those things before he even gets here.
I'm liking that we were able to get a commitment from this guy.

The law of averages says one of these QB recruits will be a legitimate B1G level QB, why not this kid? He has been coached his whole life for this opportunity, let's hope he takes advantage of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT