ADVERTISEMENT

24 Portal Thread

What about schedule? Would Utah be an away game next year? We've been thinking of a road trip one season (was scheduled to go to Michigan in '20 then the season got cancelled due to Covid). If Utah is on the road next year, think that may the road trip to take. Hear is a stunning campus/stadium environment.
I have been there several times-----gorgeous.

Reactions: Wagram97
3 top Brown players have entered the portal as grad transfers. A Devon McLane (28-22 in 8 games), M Griffen Key (17-7 in 8 games) and FOGO Matt Gunty (63% win %) would give a real boost.

Just don't let them rent a house together.

Handley will play PLL and not enter the portal according to broadcasters of Penn - Princeton game

Curious, have there been any portal players that have been recruited to D1 from MCLA? Obviously the level of competition is significantly less, but there are a lot of teams in that league. I wonder if there are any hidden gems. There have been a number of players then moved up from DII & DIII and had success.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
I wonder how many MCLA players tried to walk into P5 football team and either had played in HS or took up the sport. I know back in the day that happened at both Notre Dame and Stanford.

Not liking what I’ve heard regarding the transfer portal. Received a text from an old friend and NCAA coach that #32 Reynolds has hit the portal. Can’t confirm as I don’t believe the general public can access.

Not liking what I’ve heard regarding the transfer portal. Received a text from an old friend and NCAA coach that #32 Reynolds has hit the portal. Can’t confirm as I don’t believe the general public can access.
Dang, hope that's not accurate. If he's unhappy with this year's move to SSDM, Brecht should move him back to LSM.

Reynolds and Dollive both to the portal. I actually thought that Dollive was the most physically ready to play. He would be a great D3 middie

I was surprised Dollive didn't get more run. He was an Army commit that was flipped and Army recruits really good Dmids. Guessing something happened there. He didn't play at all.

Splaine lost some time towards the end of the season but you have to think his emergence as a freshman will have him playing more minutes next year.

Looks like Remi doesn't want to play shortstick. Someone will be getting a great kid at LSM. Could see him playing at a number of places. He spent a year in HS in Baltimore but he's originally from Texas. Don't think he has any real ties to Baltimore so not sure Hopkins or Loyola will get a home town discount. With Hopkins LSM leaving, they do have a spot open. That's going to be an issue for them next year if they don't portal the position.

Looks like Remi doesn't want to play shortstick. Someone will be getting a great kid at LSM. Could see him playing at a number of places. He spent a year in HS in Baltimore but he's originally from Texas. Don't think he has any real ties to Baltimore so not sure Hopkins or Loyola will get a home town discount. With Hopkins LSM leaving, they do have a spot open. That's going to be an issue for them next year if they don't portal the position.
Both Loyola and Hop losing #1 LSM’s.

Reactions: Caliknight
RU needs to keep this kid. He was our best On ball & OFF ball short stick this year IMO. RU never established a #2 LSM this year and they should’ve never moved him to SSDM. Guess the good news is that just because they enter the transfer portal doesn’t mean they are gone. He’s going to have a big couple years in the right system.

The thinking is they feel good with what they have at LSM. We are going to have to hit the portal though. Mendyke was playing well and Jones and Splaine are righ there. On close you have Rizzotti who will be an instant starter. The coaches feel good about McKelvey whose time has come. We will certainly need to pick up some SSDM's and at least one more close guy if not two.

I agree though. You hate to lose a kid like Remi. Maybe he will stay. He really wants to play LSM though, so it's probably not highly likely.

The thinking is they feel good with what they have at LSM. We are going to have to hit the portal though. Mendyke was playing well and Jones and Splaine are righ there. On close you have Rizzotti who will be an instant starter. The coaches feel good about McKelvey whose time has come. We will certainly need to pick up some SSDM's and at least one more close guy if not two.

I agree though. You hate to lose a kid like Remi. Maybe he will stay. He really wants to play LSM though, so it's probably not highly likely.

I have no knowledge of the coaches thinking, but he be concerned that McKelvey will play close and Rizzotti LSM?

McKelvey is a close guy from my understanding.

Rizzotti can play either. He's a huge pick up and is going to excel in our system.

Heard Syracuse SSDM Aviles is not staying there for his last year. He'd thrive in a system like ours. Syracuse doesn't run and gun anymore and he's that type of player.

We have another transfer coming in that I’m not sure is in the portal. Looking good with a couple of other guys. Let’s see what happens.

NIL money is going to be needed. If you are interested in participating DM me.

Good news, I guess… turning over the entire defense, LSM and short sticks is a major challenge. Didn’t Reynolds win a B1G freshman of the week award and RU rookie of the year? 1st team all MIAA and all state in one of the country’s most competitive high school conferences, played in every game for the last 2 years and went to a Final Four. Glad the coaches feel good, hitting the PoRUtal… RU needs to develop their own.

Last edited:
Yes. He’s a great kid. Would have had a big year next year at short stick. He was getting better. But he wants to play long pole so,…it happens.

We are on to some good guys. Let’s see how it all shakes out.

I can't say who but we have a faceoff guy in the bag.

Romanek was a good at the dot but he had trouble playing the field. You need athletes at that spot and he was just a little too small in stature for what we need at this level.

I can't say who but we have a faceoff guy in the bag.

Romanek was a good at the dot but he had trouble playing the field. You need athletes at that spot and he was just a little too small in stature for what we need at this level.
kind of need more than one guy and with both Dugenio and Neuman and now Romaneck all gone we have zero fogo's on the roster. not sure how good the incoming freshman is going to be.

kind of need more than one guy and with both Dugenio and Neuman and now Romaneck all gone we have zero fogo's on the roster. not sure how good the incoming freshman is going to be.

Gunty from Brown was 1st team All Ivy FOGO and in the portal as a grad transfer. Myers from Dartmouth was 2nd team and his status is unclear. Hot start then but nicked got up and struggled later in the year. At this point either would help.

Portal activity is definitely heating up. There are no good things about not making the tournament, but if there is one silver lining, the staff is all in on portal recruting.

I am hesitant to list some names but there are definitely some interesting ones. Heard a new one today of a 4* offensive player. Kid looks very good. Hope we can get him. It's looking good but these things are always fluid.

Portal activity is definitely heating up. There are no good things about not making the tournament, but if there is one silver lining, the staff is all in on portal recruting.

I am hesitant to list some names but there are definitely some interesting ones. Heard a new one today of a 4* offensive player. Kid looks very good. Hope we can get him. It's looking good but these things are always fluid.

Don't upset the apple cart. Better to celebrate a signing than. blow an opportunity.

Stephen A Smith ——— it’s fluid. 😀

Saw Jack Boyden from Tufts up close and personal and he is legit, but seemed very one-handed. Just a smooth fluid kid that takes what the offense gives him. I am just not sure how much of his production comes from the speed at which Tufts plays. If we play NASCAR they play NASA it is so fast.

Saw Jack Boyden from Tufts up close and personal and he is legit, but seemed very one-handed. Just a smooth fluid kid that takes what the offense gives him. I am just not sure how much of his production comes from the speed at which Tufts plays. If we play NASCAR they play NASA it is so fast.

Lefty or righty?

He's Canadian. Very few aren't very one handed.

Uva plays Tufts style, though they have seemed to have slowed it down a bit.

This kids entered the portal. I know we've been active with other Brown players. This kid would thrive in our system.

Sounds like a perfect fit with the rope unit. Between Brown and Princeton you could fill almost any need other than, possibly, close D. And while I doubt it's on Rutgers' shopping list, Irlan is in the portal as well.

ADVERTISEMENT