ADVERTISEMENT

24 Portal Thread

Slusher from Princeton to Duke. RU might have gotten a SSDM from Towson.

Why don't any of the Princeton players end up at Rutgers?
Definitely some bad blood there. The Princeton Rutgers thing goes both ways.

We’ve gotten kids from Harvard, Yale, UPenn and Dartmouth. I doubt we will ever get a kid from Princeton.

Almost did. But there is just too much there I think.

Slusher from Princeton to Duke. RU might have gotten a SSDM from Towson.
We did. He’s been in the fold for awhile. Hundo- captain and starter at a position we need help with.

He wasn’t very offensive.at Towson but they play a very defensive style. He was very offensive in HS and is a great athlete. He is going to play immediately. From a trade perspective, we came out ahead of what we lost. Heard there is another on deck.

If he’s capable of playing DEFENSE at the SSDM position it will be an upgrade and happy to have him on the squad. Scoring a goal a game doesn’t make up for the 3 or 4 goals that were scored against you.

If he’s capable of playing DEFENSE at the SSDM position it will be an upgrade and happy to have him on the squad. Scoring a goal a game doesn’t make up for the 3 or 4 goals that were scored against you.
I never pin it solely on a SSDM. They need help. Our man SSDM wasn’t really an issue last. Yea they got beat a few times but that happens. Those kids get straight picked on every game.

It was the clearing and lack of offense that was the issue. We need those guys to be threats in our system. If they aren’t, their on ball D won mean a lot in the grand scheme. We won’t have any offense or will be very limited.

Look for us to get back to playing faster than last season. That wasn’t Rutgers lacrosse.

Coming down to the end of portal season. Should have news next week.

You have to really believe in your personnel to play great settled offense on nearly every possession. The amount of opportunities fast transition can give a team is borderline staggering in lacrosse imo. Slowing things down to sub in your offensive personnel is a double-edged sword to be sure.

IL released a transfer portal tracker that shows Logan Mueller - D, and Johnny Dugenio - Golf. Doesn’t look like Mueller played this past season but awesome that Dugenio is pursuing a golf opportunity.

Cali would you feel comfortable doing a comprehensive post in terms of what was lost and what was gained this offseason when the dust settles?

Reactions: Caliknight
Yea sure no problem. I think this will be the week when it’s all said and done in terms of transfers.

Let’s see where we are. There is one kid I can’t say much about I’m particularly interested in.

B1G is going to be better than ever next year. 23/24 year old grad students everywhere and transfer portal chaos. Same goes for the ACC. In regards to the B1G;

-MD should be the favorite, faceoff returns and their best offensive player and goalie return from injury. They reload as expected, never rebuild.
-Hopkins is hitting some home runs in the portal and not losing much. Was ‘23 a fluke, unfortunately I don’t think is was. Great young coaching staff. This hurts to say…
-Michigan now believes, they’ve lost some key players especially on offense and at faceoff. But, they’ve also grabbed some well known players from the portal.
-OSU, IMO, is still a mess. They seem to being throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. They did pull a huge faceoff guy from Vermont.
-RU so far doesn’t seem to be hitting home runs in the portal like the past. Concerned about the faceoff, offense should be or can be much better than last year and wait and see on the defense as they lost every starter.

Should be a wild season with lots of content.

B1G is going to be better than ever next year. 23/24 year old grad students everywhere and transfer portal chaos. Same goes for the ACC. In regards to the B1G;

-MD should be the favorite, faceoff returns and their best offensive player and goalie return from injury. They reload as expected, never rebuild.
-Hopkins is hitting some home runs in the portal and not losing much. Was ‘23 a fluke, unfortunately I don’t think is was. Great young coaching staff. This hurts to say…
-Michigan now believes, they’ve lost some key players especially on offense and at faceoff. But, they’ve also grabbed some well known players from the portal.
-OSU, IMO, is still a mess. They seem to being throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. They did pull a huge faceoff guy from Vermont.
-RU so far doesn’t seem to be hitting home runs in the portal like the past. Concerned about the faceoff, offense should be or can be much better than last year and wait and see on the defense as they lost every starter.

Hopefully PSU was a flash in the pan and goes back to mediocrity next season.

The middie we just got is a huge pick up a position of need. Hund the SSDM is a huge pick at a position of need too. They play day 1. We have at least one fogo in the fold from my understanding with a big one possible.

Curious to see the WL transfer. He was a D1 recruit out of HS and very athletic I’m told.

Reactions: Wagram97
Hopefully PSU was a flash in the pan and goes back to mediocrity next season.
I couldn’t find anything nice to say about the team to the west so I just skipped them. However, their defense is back and really good. Goalie is a stud. And do lose some horses on offense. And yes, they were in the Final 4 and maybe should have been in the Final.

This will be the peak year, but there will be separation between the B1G/ACC and the Ivies next year as the Big 3 conferences. The portal boost is just too much. When the covid years are done there will be relative equilibrium.

Even then I think you are going to see separation.

The teams like always, with money, win.

Next year hS recruiting is going to be crazy with NIL. Coaches have already been put on notice. Kids are going to need to get paid.

Yea sure no problem. I think this will be the week when it’s all said and done in terms of transfers.

Let’s see where we are. There is one kid I can’t say much about I’m particularly interested in.
To expand on this the transfers, some of whom will be expected to start day one, will help a lot. The biggest need though is the kids in the program. Last year outside of a few guys, we just didn’t take that jump we’ve seen from player development like we have in the past. Aimone was the guy who came back looking completely different. We need that again, along with other guys in the program.

As Brecht says, not just a year older, a year better. Teresky, the young attack guys, rope guys and D. They need to develop in the off-season like we’ve so many guys do in the past.

To expand on this the transfers, some of whom will be expected to start day one, will help a lot. The biggest need though is the kids in the program. Last year outside of a few guys, we just didn’t take that jump we’ve seen from player development like we have in the past. Aimone was the guy who came back looking completely different. We need that again, along with other guys in the program.

As Brecht says, not just a year older, a year better. Teresky, the young attack guys, rope guys and D. They need to develop in the off-season like we’ve so many guys do in the past.
Exactly, you know way more than me but this is something I was thinking about. Seems like in the past, some of our most successful seasons were due to a young guy making the jump or starring right away. Especially on attack. Think of Charalambides, Heningburg, Mullins, or Knobloch as freshmen, then even Scott last year making that huge jump in his first year starting. Yet that was really lacking this year.

Exactly, you know way more than me but this is something I was thinking about. Seems like in the past, some of our most successful seasons were due to a young guy making the jump or starring right away. Especially on attack. Think of Charalambides, Heningburg, Mullins, or Knobloch as freshmen, then even Scott last year making that huge jump in his first year starting. Yet that was really lacking this year.

In fairness, what was most lacking was a healthy Cameron. Which brings depth through the portal into the conversation.

Cameron was a huge loss. No doubt. We just didn’t have that skill set on the bench when he went down. With our run game lacking due to our shorties not being as offense as they had been in years past, our settled offense was put under a lot more pressure. We could still put up numbers with him playing. Once he went down and bo Nascar, teams just sat on Ross from behind and Shane up top.

This new pick up is huge. He can play the lefty attack spot if that’s not sorted out or he can play midfield.

Kid is another leader from one of those programs that ask a lot of their captains. We will have more firepower than last season. Not to beat the dead horse but we the young guys have to come back better in the program. That’s going to be the difference maker.

If you’re in the program and see the transfers we are bringing in, it’s a clear sign that you need to be better.

This past year was a bit of a level setting. We got a little confident with the success we’ve had. Not to say the guys weren’t putting in effort and sacrificing because they were. I’m not sure they were as locked in as they had been in the past.

Feeling a different energy level this off-season compared to last.

Cameron was a huge loss. No doubt. We just didn’t have that skill set on the bench when he went down. With our run game lacking due to our shorties not being as offense as they had been in years past, our settled offense was put under a lot more pressure. We could still put up numbers with him playing. Once he went down and bo Nascar, teams just sat on Ross from behind and Shane up top.

This new pick up is huge. He can play the lefty attack spot if that’s not sorted out or he can play midfield.

Kid is another leader from one of those programs that ask a lot of their captains. We will have more firepower than last season. Not to beat the dead horse but we the young guys have to come back better in the program. That’s going to be the difference maker.

If you’re in the program and see the transfers we are bringing in, it’s a clear sign that you need to be better.

This past year was a bit of a level setting. We got a little confident with the success we’ve had. Not to say the guys weren’t putting in effort and sacrificing because they were. I’m not sure they were as locked in as they had been in the past.

Feeling a different energy level this off-season compared to last.

Multiple portal sites now saying John Sidorski A/M to Rutgers as a grad transfer from Lehigh. 2nd team All-Patriot 2023, missed 2022 due to injury and 1st team All Patriot 2021.

Looking forward to hearing more about what is coming in and what the depth chart may resemble because from a macro level we lose a ton from a team that won one conference game in OT and has been less visible in the portal than others.

Multiple portal sites now saying John Sidorski A/M to Rutgers as a grad transfer from Lehigh. 2nd team All-Patriot 2023, missed 2022 due to injury and 1st team All Patriot 2021.
that is the kid

Looking forward to hearing more about what is coming in and what the depth chart may resemble because from a macro level we lose a ton from a team that won one conference game in OT and has been less visible in the portal than others.
Seven newcomers which is a really large haul. I don't imagine these guys are transferring to sit the bench. I have to assume these are guys who have talent/skills lacking on our current roster. Do any have the talent and physicality to dodge at will and can reliably find space to shoot against top competition?
Hopefully we see more movement off ball next year because to be honest at times it was tough to watch our stationary offense.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
That’s the kid. He’s a huge pick up for us. He was Lehighs only captain which tells you how he’s viewed.

As more than one person has told me, “he’s locked in”.

He was a huge recruit out of high school, 2x all CAA, leader. He will be a big piece next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT