ADVERTISEMENT

24 Portal Thread

Forget about Princeton guys. They aren't in our cards. We get a lot of play from Ivy transfers and have obviously had some success with them. Princeton isn't on that list. Which I am fine with.

F Princeton.

Reactions: biazza38
Heard a lot of good visits we’ve set up with high profile transfers.

Not going to give names but the staff clearly saw our weakness and is getting back to our brand.

Any number of these guys would help a lot. Let’s see where we land.

Heard we got a DMid. Kid is rangy and can run. Pencil him in as a SSDM starter.

I didn't even know he was in the portal. One thing I see as a theme in transfers we are taking. The kids are leaders. Captains.

Bodes well for locker room cohesion.

Portal tracker now shows 2 of the Princeton middies (English and Stevens) to Syracuse, 2 (Vadoro and Pederson) unsigned and A Ronda to Michigan. None of the Brown players shown as committed.

Know we are close to a difference maker for a spot of need. Hopefully we can close. Our previous transfers are helping a lot considering the success rhey had. Success breads success.

Cali - are we looking for a GK in the portal?
I don’t know for sure but I doubt it. Stoller is really highly thought of in the program. He was in consideration for starting last year. The freshman coming in is really good too. I’m not sure of everyone else’s status though so you never know. Ideally you’d like 4 guys

Chase Ierlan (Cornell) is in the portal as a grad transfer, but you'd probably lose Stoller if he came in.

Any idea when we’ll hear about the names now that the season is over

Here’s his player profile for everyone. Nice stat line
Couple of other items to like about that bio, was an assistant captain, started all 15 games, also played BB in high school. Tells me he's got a good lacrosse IQ, is a leader, plays, and an athlete. Plus, looks like he'll have multiple years to play at RU.

ee
Big loss for Michigan in the portal. Betting he ends up somewhere like UVA or Duke.

Ross @ Michigan is an excellent MBA program that is tough to get into. Let:s see if he's admitted. Of course, if he gets into Fuqua @ Duke it might not matter. Then there's Newhouse at Syracuse if he wants broadcasting.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Ross @ Michigan is an excellent MBA program that is tough to get into. Let:s see if he's admitted. Of course, if he gets into Fuqua @ Duke it might not matter. Then there's Newhouse at Syracuse if he wants broadcasting.
Ross and Fuqua are both elite business schools at the MBA level. A Master's from either sets you up for life.

He’s not going to Syracuse.

Couple of other items to like about that bio, was an assistant captain, started all 15 games, also played BB in high school. Tells me he's got a good lacrosse IQ, is a leader, plays, and an athlete. Plus, looks like he'll have multiple years to play at RU.
I believe all the transfers I’m aware of were captains at their previous schools. That bodes very well for lockerroom cohesion.

Big loss for Michigan in the portal. Betting he ends up somewhere like UVA or Duke.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

looks like we picked up Amherst leading scorer as an attackman as well. I liked Tufts fogo if we could get him that would be good. Heard one of the Lehigh kids was on a tour last week.
I doubt we go after a goalie in the Portal as I have heard that the freshman was playing very well in practice and should be an upgrade next year.
From what I can tell we have added 2 poles, 3 attackmen and fogo. Need to add a couple of other offensive pieces and a couple of ssdm.

looks like we picked up Amherst leading scorer as an attackman as well. I liked Tufts fogo if we could get him that would be good. Heard one of the Lehigh kids was on a tour last week.
I doubt we go after a goalie in the Portal as I have heard that the freshman was playing very well in practice and should be an upgrade next year.
From what I can tell we have added 2 poles, 3 attackmen and fogo. Need to add a couple of other offensive pieces and a couple of ssdm.
Re: the Amherst leading scorer, are you referring to this guy?

53 goals and 38 assists this year, and I think he has 2 more YOE due to COVID.

That's him. Lacrossebucket is showing him to Rutgers. Good stats, but keep in mind they play more games in a season. He also had good stats in 2022 as well. If he turns out to be another Ronan Jacoby, we will be in business.

Cali- Do you know if he is a lefty?

That's him. Lacrossebucket is showing him to Rutgers. Good stats, but keep in mind they play more games in a season. He also had good stats in 2022 as well. If he turns out to be another Ronan Jacoby, we will be in business.

Take it for what it's worth, but over on Fanlax someone posted he's a lefty.

No word anywhere on Jack Boyden from Tufts.

He is a lefty.

Fam we have at least one SSDM in the fold. He hasn’t made it public yet. He’s good. 2x Captain in a defensive oriented system. Hopefully we can get two more of that quality.

Looks like we picked up a goalie transfer from d3 Hamilton. We need some depth at that position.

Seamus Fagan. Kid can play though. Was an All American.

Looks like we picked up a goalie transfer from d3 Hamilton. We need some depth at that position.

Seamus Fagan. Kid can play though. Was an All American.

That may backfire with 2 talented young goalies and the youngest Kirst a '24 commit.

Splaine will be better than Reynolds. At least for us. He’s more offensive. I’m a big fan of Remi’s and thought he would be better used down low. He’s a quality kid. You never want to lose them but that the way of the world now. Can’t keep everyone happy. He’s a good pick up for Loyola who needed a pole. Unfortunately for us he just wasn’t in that position. Good luck to him. He’s a solid kid.

The Kid lost his starting job at Hamilton about halfway through the year. Seems like a true backup.

ADVERTISEMENT