ADVERTISEMENT

5 years from now

sagar1127

Freshman
Feb 27, 2015
...I believe that we will all be laughing at ourselves. There is so much potential from this athletics program that there is no way we remain at the bottom tier. Not only that, but I cant wait for a lot of the academic improvements this school is making to go into effect. Our future is bright, fellow Scarlet Knights! Yes we lost today on national TV but I promise you this game will be totally different in five years!

That being said, dont be passive, be proactive everyone. Voice your concerns as constructive criticism to the school in whatever departments you want to see change in...academics or athletics.

A nice little analogy I like to use... I look at RU as a recently IPOed stock...we'll have our little bumps in the beginning but our potential value and earnings are just too great!

Good night!

I'd bet you a dollar 5 years from not this game will be no different. Doesn't matter if you keep Flood, Fire Flood, hire Schiano, or hire someone else. Some people don't really get how football works, the college game, or recruiting and depth.

I'd bet you a dollar 5 years from not this game will be no different. Doesn't matter if you keep Flood, Fire Flood, hire Schiano, or hire someone else. Some people don't really get how football works, the college game, or recruiting and depth.

I'll take you up on that bet!

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I'll take you up on that bet!
Done. Just a question....here are some scores over last few years.
OSU 38 PSU 10
OSU 42 Michigan 28
OSU 59Wisconsin 0
OSU 42 Oregon 20
OSU 53 PSU 14

Gotta ask which team are we better than? Who have we out recruited? Who do we outspend or value football as much?

OSU 38 PSU 10
OSU 42 Michigan 28
OSU 59Wisconsin 0
OSU 42 Oregon 20
OSU 53 PSU 14

Gotta ask which team are we better than? Who have we out recruited? Who do we outspend or value football as much?

I totally get what you are saying but I just dont think we'll be dominated in 5 years in the same way. I also wanted my post to be about all sports we compete. Im looking forward to seeing how M&W Soccer &W Vball finish off their season and then on to Wrestling and M&W Hoops.

We'll be on the same spot.

Zero confidence we can get over our money issues

Nothing changes Rutgers. Schiano was a catylst for change. 5 years from now or 10 years from now RU will remain at the bottom of the B1G. Sorry to say but it's the wrong conference for us. I'd much rather be Temple in a weaker conference but still having some dream to play for.

I think you're in the minority with that one.

It's far better to be in a strong conference and play the best that be a big fish in a small pond that could disappear or crumble at any time.

2 to 3 years to build this defense after Fudd is fired and that's only if they hire a decent staff and not an obscure offensive line coach as this turkey is.

Nothing changes Rutgers. Schiano was a catylst for change. 5 years from now or 10 years from now RU will remain at the bottom of the B1G. Sorry to say but it's the wrong conference for us. I'd much rather be Temple in a weaker conference but still having some dream to play for.

Wrong on many levels. Being in the AAC would have been a disaster , look at UConn

Wrong on many levels. Being in the AAC would have been a disaster , look at UConn
Yes staying in the AAC would have been the end for us but from a budget and competitive landscape perspective, perhaps the ACC would have been a better fit. That being said, it is still great to be part of the BiG.

...I believe that we will all be laughing at ourselves. There is so much potential from this athletics program that there is no way we remain at the bottom tier. Not only that, but I cant wait for a lot of the academic improvements this school is making to go into effect. Our future is bright, fellow Scarlet Knights! Yes we lost today on national TV but I promise you this game will be totally different in five years!

That being said, dont be passive, be proactive everyone. Voice your concerns as constructive criticism to the school in whatever departments you want to see change in...academics or athletics.

A nice little analogy I like to use... I look at RU as a recently IPOed stock...we'll have our little bumps in the beginning but our potential value and earnings are just too great!

Good night!
Potential unrealized is usually a result of a lack of commitment and that is what we have here. Voicing our concerns won't matter. Having 100 alumni opening check books and writing $50,000 checks every year is the only thing that matters. RU doesn't have that.

We are lucky we are in the Big Ten. If we were still in the AAC, we would have 3-4 of these losses this year against Temple, Memphis, Houston and another team with their spread offenses. Now we have an excuse of playing top ranked teams like Ohio State, Mich State and Michigan.

Reactions: redking
I am starting to think we don't belong in this league . Our administration does not take sports seriously . They are happy to cash the checks as we keep getting embarrassed on game days .

Reactions: cRURah
You may not like the athletic results but there should never be any question about the wisdom of moving to this conference.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I totally get what you are saying but I just dont think we'll be dominated in 5 years in the same way. I also wanted my post to be about all sports we compete. Im looking forward to seeing how M&W Soccer &W Vball finish off their season and then on to Wrestling and M&W Hoops.
Nice try. BUT, this is about FOOTBALL and ONLY about FOOTBALL.NOTHING else matters.

Reactions: redking
This is exactly what is wrong with our fans. We have a segment that is loyal and dedicated, but I hear this all the time from the marginal fans. We can be great. This is no time for a loser mentality. We got beat by the defending national champs with a loaded roster. They beat a team with a soph QB, lack of depth and injuries. Take our medicine and move on.

OSU 38 PSU 10
OSU 42 Michigan 28
OSU 59Wisconsin 0
OSU 42 Oregon 20
OSU 53 PSU 14

Should you also add the OSU scores against Hawaii, western Michigan, northern Illinois and Indiana to that list? If you do the answer to your questions change.

OSU 38 PSU 10
OSU 42 Michigan 28
OSU 59Wisconsin 0
OSU 42 Oregon 20
OSU 53 PSU 14

Ohio State 31 Indiana 24
Ohio State 20 Northern Illinois 13
Virginia Tech over Ohio State
Temple over Penn State
Maryland over Penn State

see I can play this game too. The failure to beat Penn State is huge for this coaching regime because its so important to perception and that Penn State is somewhat down they were not able to take advantage. It meant jackshit that Maryland beat Penn State but they have already moved on and fired their coach despite going 4-3 in the Big 10 last year.

This is exactly what is wrong with our fans. We have a segment that is loyal and dedicated, but I hear this all the time from the marginal fans. We can be great. This is no time for a loser mentality. We got beat by the defending national champs with a loaded roster. They beat a team with a soph QB, lack of depth and injuries. Take our medicine and move on.
I take exception to being called a marginal fan. I've been a die-heart RU fan since likely before you were born (since 1965). I loved playing Princeton, Lafayette and Lehigh as much as playing OSU, MSU, UM and PSU. The games were just as exciting regardless of the conference we played in. I am excited to be in the B1G but have to question whether it is a good fit for us. Rutgers as a University has different values on athletics then the other schools in the B1G. How can anyone dispute that fact when we replaced a $2.3M coach with one earning $750K. That's all you need to know. Do you really believe that we couldn't do better in football and Men's BB if the desire was there on the part of those leading the University?

Good night!

IPO analogy is off, methinks. Our core product (FB program) is not adequate in a marketplace (the B1G ) in which 75% of competing products are currently superior. Further, we have no evidence that our product pipeline is promising, if it exists at all, meaning we may have the same or very similar product 5 years from now.

Ohio State 31 Indiana 24
Temple over Penn State
Maryland over Penn State

see I can play this game too. The failure to beat Penn State is huge for this coaching regime because its so important to perception and that Penn State is somewhat down they were not able to take advantage. It meant jackshit that Maryland beat Penn State but they have already moved on and fired their coach despite going 4-3 in the Big 10 last year.

The Indiana and Northern Illinois games were close for two reasons. 1) Jones was the QB and 2) OSU turned the ball over 3x in each game. They're a much different offense when Barrett is behind center and they protect the ball.

Reactions: vkj91
Ohio State 31 Indiana 24
Temple over Penn State
Maryland over Penn State

+1

vkj refuses to get real on Flood for some reason.

Why doesn't he post all the teams that hung with TTFP this year or beat them last?

UConn lost to 9 teams including Towson....blew us out....

The examples of Flood's ineptitude are boundless.

The Indiana and Northern Illinois games were close for two reasons. 1) Jones was the QB and 2) OSU turned the ball over 3x in each game. They're a much different offense when Barrett is behind center and they protect the ball.

catch 22... play Barrett all year and he'll get hurt.. can't go to Braxton Miller as he got his arm damaged running the same HS offense.. so they tried to get by with Jones between the 20's.. until PSU stopped him cold. Now Miller is up an humming but he got a real good shot early vs. RU.. and he'll break after 3 more games.-sg

It's a long way off, but 10-15 years is more realistic. Once we are fully invested, bringing in upwards of $41 million to the athletic department, things will change for the better! Better facilities, coaches, and recruiting. We will not be spending money until we pay off the debt and are in the black. The president was clear with that. We must be patient, but it will pay off. Just continue to support the kids who commit to the program.

Reactions: thegock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT