ADVERTISEMENT

7 seed vs 10 Buffalo

So funny. My son texted me that he had seen this and would tell me if I wanted to know in advance. I texted back, "In what round do we play UConn?" Because, you know, inevitability....

Reactions: gigantor1024
Awesome ! I also read that the RU W BB will be at the RAC tonight for the show, and the RU Pep band will be there with them. I'd imagine R Vision will film it, maybe NJcom too.

Lmfao...the one year Uconn isnt a one seed we still get them

Because interest in attending these games is so low everyone hsst to be grouped by region so we will never escape UConn

Reactions: RU_kidding_me
See, that, Creme is usually wrong with his prognostications. I knew we would be at least a 7 seed or higher. I was hoping for a 6th seed. The fact that the committee is so damn concerned with geography, screws us once again as UCONN now a number 2 seed would be our second round opponent. Ah what the hell, press the $hit out of them and upset them for a change. This year they're beatable.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Well, if we got the 6th seed we'd still face UConn in our third game instead of the 2nd....either way we still need to beat them.

Buffalo technically has a higher RPI than RU, so I expect a battle in round 1.

One game at a time.

Well, if we got the 6th seed we'd still face UConn in our third game instead of the 2nd....either way we still need to beat them.
True, but we would meet them in the Sweet 16 and more than likely not on UCONN's home court.

I think #6 seed was likely this team's highest possible ranking, #8 was the lowest, so #7 sticks about right. For reference, Iowa is a #2, MD is a #3, Michigan is a #8 (going to Louisville), Michigan St is a #9 (going to ND), Indiana is a #10 (going to Oregon).

At first I was shocked that UConn is a 2 seed, but as I do a little research, it's understandable. They're absolutely being punished for playing in the American. Man, that conference is a death sentence for UConn athletics.

Reactions: superfan01
At first I was shocked that UConn is a 2 seed, but as I do a little research, it's understandable. They're absolutely being punished for playing in the American. Man, that conference is a death sentence for UConn athletics.
Actually that's not true. UCONN plays a difficult OOC schedule. They fell to a 2 because of a few extra losses plus the loss of their leading player Katie Samuelson during that time. She will be back for the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: mikefla
Actually that's not true. UCONN plays a difficult OOC schedule. They fell to a 2 because of a few extra losses plus the loss of their leading player Samuelson during that time.

Two is a few extra losses? They're on a 13 game winning streak. They won both their regular season and conference titles. RPI is 6 I believe. Yes, they play a tough OOC, but that's because they have to in the American. Their SOS is 31.

9121227.jpeg

Which means we made the Sweet 16. Much more agreeable but, of course, the NCAA is all about "the benjamins" so we get screwed lol!

Two is a few extra losses? They're on a 13 game winning streak. They won both their regular season and conference titles. RPI is 6 I believe. Yes, they play a tough OOC, but that's because they have to in the American. Their SOS is 31.
Okay whatever...

Interesting that the Albany Bracket gets 3 Big10 teams- RU, Michigan and Maryland.

IMO, L'ville should have dropped to the 2 not UConn. But UConn will have a lot more fans at that probable region final, and imo, will blow them out.

Well that spoils the fun of going to the RAC to join the team for the show
Because of ESPN's screw up, they're already showing the seedings on ESPN2. Yes we are the 7th seed in the Albany bracket and having to face UCONN in the 2nd round in Storrs if we beat Buffalo.

Because of ESPN's screw up, they're already showing the seedings on ESPN2. Yes we are the 7th seed in the Albany bracket and having to face UCONN in the 2nd round in Storrs if we beat Buffalo.
Assuming UConn wins their first game

Reactions: ea_1
The event at the RAC tonight has been cancelled.

Wow. ..have to say really ah..dissed the women , even if by accident. First they have to wait a day and then this mess up.
Look, purely unintentional but that's a shane they didn't get their moments.
Talking bout all the schools not just RU.

Ok Scarlette Knights. Go make us proud.
Hello UConn. Nice to see you. #notscared

Isn’t UCONN ranked #2 overall?

Not going to complain about a 7-seed. Will complain about ESPN blunder. RU finally gets to have a watch party again with the expectation of a decent seed and a little bit of well deserved joy. They get a giant raspberry instead and an oops, my bad.

Reactions: RU MAN
Well ... RU was unranked and beat Tenn one year ... perhaps UCONN gets a key injury, has an off night, and RU plays their best ball of the season ... you never know.

Looks like they seed UConn depending on how they plan to seed Rutgers..But at least this UConn team isn't as indestructible as the UConn teams seemed to be before.
So I continue to feel there is a chance to win.
Good or poor the only chance to win is
when the team does this, no matter what the odds
images

At least we’re not being shipped out to the west coast to play a lower seed on their court

I saw Buffalo play this year... their guard is really good but I have a feeling she will have a hard time vs RU defense...

As a Maryland fan I too was saying "Why do we have to be in Uconn's section of the bracket?" But then I looked at the other sections. Notre Dame, Louisville, Mississippi State, etc. After you get down to 16 there's no way to avoid the monsters. And this year, Uconn is just another monster...

I think we were seeded fairly and I expected us to be in Albany. I am a little surprised that UCONN is the 2 instead of the 1, but I also 100% expected them to be in Albany. I am actually more upset that MD is the 3 in this region, but it is what it is and we just have to play the hand we were dealt.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I saw Buffalo play this year... their guard is really good but I have a feeling she will have a hard time vs RU defense...
Their RPI is 25 to RU's 29
A win over them shouldn't be considered an easy task.
RU should be favored, but need to play well to get past them.. Last season, they earned an at-large bid and made it to the Sweet Sixteen

Reactions: RU MAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT