ADVERTISEMENT

7 seed vs 10 Buffalo

Please tell me when and where the first round and second round will be for RU and if you know approximate times.

:smiley:LOVE that we made the NCAAS:smiley:
:angry:HATE ..........that we play UConn:angry:

:uzi:UConn

Rutgers plays Buffalo. Buffalo has the second leading scorer in the country behind Gustafson.

Rutgers plays Buffalo. Buffalo has the second leading scorer in the country behind Gustafson.

I'm guessing she hasn't faced a defense like the 55 before. Her tongue may be down by her ankles by the end of the 3rd.

Reactions: RU MAN
Actually that's not true. UCONN plays a difficult OOC schedule. They fell to a 2 because of a few extra losses plus the loss of their leading player Katie Samuelson during that time. She will be back for the NCAA tournament.
Actually, according to the chair of the committee and the commentators on ESPN, they fell to a 2 primarily because of the (lack of) strength of the American. The 2 losses made them vulnerable to not being a 1 seed, but there was supposedly very little to choose between the top 5 teams. Apparently, when it came down to it, Mississippi State's in-conference games were found to be tougher than UConn.

Actually, according to the chair of the committee and the commentators on ESPN, they fell to a 2 primarily because of the (lack of) strength of the American. The 2 losses made them vulnerable to not being a 1 seed, but there was supposedly very little to choose between the top 5 teams. Apparently, when it came down to it, Mississippi State's in-conference games were found to be tougher than UConn.
I know I saw that too, but even the committee chair was wrong, because Miss. State's SOS was 43 while UCONN'S SOS was 31. Personally, I don't think there is really that much different between a 1 and a 2 seed unless the 2 seed is in the strongest bracket, which this year would be Baylor.

Either way, it still stinks that if we get by Buffalo, our second round match up would be UCONN on their home floor.

From what I gather, UConn could have been the #2 and stayed closer to home (Albany), or been a #1 and been shipped to Portland (potentially with #2 Oregon). Not sure which one is preferable TBH.

Knew it.. just knew our RPI wouldn't be a 6 seed or better.

Damn shame they have to play UCONN in Storrs if they beat Buffalo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT