ADVERTISEMENT

8 Random Thoughts

Good-Knight

All Conference
Jul 21, 2008
Have you seen Smikle play? She is amazing. Is it sexist to mention that her smile makes me half fall in love with her?

I know this board hates the NBA, but Jalen Brunson is a very Paul Mulcahy-like player. He's thinking harder and seeing more. Knicks are worth watching for the first time in years.

For the last 4 games we have been below average in steals (8,8,8,5). I think steals are a big part of what makes this defense elite. Before that stretch we we averaging over 10.

Does Pikes have an agent? He will be fielding a lot of calls.

Purdue sometimes feeds Edey with a hook pass. Seems to work. We empahsize getting Cliff scoring early and we should but when Cliff has to come 8 feet out of the paint, it is a worthless effort. We're better off with a drive and dish than putting the ball where there is too much mountain for Cliff to climb or getting it tipped away on the entry pass.

As much as we are a physical and defensive team, our box out effort on rebounds is very uneven.

Mags had a contested rebound. Knowing it would be tough to bring it down, he pinned it against the glass and came back for it. 100% intentional and improvised in the moment. I haven't filed with the patent office, but I invented that. Rodman always used to tip it to himself, but changing the balls direction, controlling it against the backboard, to comeback to it is next level. I call it "storing nuts" because I have learned a lot from squirrels.

Ask a French person to say "squirrel."

How many times has a sparingly used Iowa player come off the bench and murdered us with 3 pt daggers? Hoping Palmquist is that guy for us.

Last edited:
Confused Thinking GIF

Yes, Palmquist would murder us with three point daggers...especially since he doesn't hit them. Sorry and apologies to Oscar, but don't think he impacts the Iowa game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT