ADVERTISEMENT

$90K is peanuts. I think Pike let Cam walk

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

This one is fishy. When I heard someone made an offer he couldnt refuse, i figured like $500K. But its a paltry $90K? We couldve matched that.

Thats like what $60K after taxes? Thats a really inconsequential amount of money that wont do anything for you.

Theres gotta be more to this one here.

This one is fishy. When I heard someone made an offer he couldnt refuse, i figured like $500K. But its a paltry $90K? We couldve matched that.

Thats like what $60K after taxes? Thats a really inconsequential amount of money that wont do anything for you.

Agree with you. Didn’t Reiber get $75k? …and he couldn’t get off the bench here. Makes no sense. Hopefully Pike has something else up his sleeve.

You must real good money and I’m happy for you.

90k would make a noticeable difference in my life.

This kid is not in the nba, 90k is not inconsequential.
90k after taxes is more like 60k ish. Is that enough to burn a bridge with your coach and a fan base? For some people, sure. For me, no. However, I would 100% ask for something.

I can’t get upset over someone wanting to have an extra 60k in cash in their pocket. 60k cash can buy a lot of things. Burning a bridge with a fan base? You really think anyone would talk about Cam in 2 years regardless if he stayed or not.

90k after taxes is more like 60k ish. Is that enough to burn a bridge with your coach and a fan base? For some people, sure. For me, no. However, I would 100% ask for something.

He had already burned bridges with his previous coach and fan base. Obviously not a consideration for him.

That really isn’t much of an nil, as mentioned.

He will most likely never talk to Pikiell again regardless. At this point players are contract players. School, coaches, fans are all 2nd to the money. He will take this money. Get a job and move on with his life....

I can’t get upset over someone wanting to have an extra 60k in cash in their pocket. 60k cash can buy a lot of things. Burning a bridge with a fan base? You really think anyone would talk about Cam in 2 years regardless if he stayed or not.
I’m not mad at the kid for taking the money if that’s what it ultimately is, but I am annoyed at the kid for waiting until May 19th to do it.

You must real good money and I’m happy for you.

90k would make a noticeable difference in my life.

This kid is not in the nba, 90k is not inconsequential.
A one time payment of $90K isn't making much of a difference in your life, I'm sorry. It's $60K you'll pocket after taxes.

What will you do or he do with $60K? And if you say, "start a small bizz", it's not hard to get a SBA loan for $60K.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
I’m not mad at the kid for taking the money if that’s what it ultimately is, but I am annoyed at the kid for waiting until May 19th to do it.
Agreed. Sucks. But maybe that’s when he was approached. Who knows. Lost in ndongo. Now losing cam. What’s next ace saying peace and Harper going to Indiana. Damn.

Reactions: father judge
Agreed. Sucks. But maybe that’s when he was approached. Who knows. Lost in ndongo. Now losing cam. What’s next ace saying peace and Harper going to Indiana. Damn.
If that happened, I’m fairly confident this site would be unbearable.

For someone whose earnings to date are likely closer to $0 than $60k, that’s a pretty substantial amount of money. Sure it’s easy to sit here as people who have been in their careers for years / decades, but that’s a nice little nest egg to set aside at age 22-23. I’m also not sure where that # is coming from, my guess is he ends up getting a bit more than that

A one time payment of $90K isn't making much of a difference in your life, I'm sorry. It's $60K you'll pocket after taxes.

What will you do or he do with $60K? And if you say, "start a small bizz", it's not hard to get a SBA loan for $60K.
Leaving college and entering the real world with a 70k nest egg instead of $0 is quite a big difference. Your realtor math is off.

Dude we all know you've been successful but please stop with this nonsense. 60K is not far off from the average yearly income of a US resident. What do most human beings in this country do with their salaray? Pay for literally everything in their entire life. So is 60K after taxes HUGE money....no its not. But asking what someone would do with 60k, is like asking what people do with all this Oxygen. You use it to pay for things. You buy a car, put a down payment on a house, pay bills, buy groceries. Like what are you insinuating? 60k isn't fck you money but its more money than most people would ever see in a lump sum in their entire life.

The discussion about it not being some sort of forever life-changing amount of money and the value prop of that compared to what you currently have is fine.

Its weird and feels like there is more to it. But don't condescend to literally everyone by pretending like 60k isn't a lot of money for 95+% of the country.

OP’s numbers are off & there are multiple teams involved so the number might continue to rise

Reactions: Scangg
Dude we all know you've been successful but please stop with this nonsense. 60K is not far off from the average yearly income of a US resident. What do most human beings in this country do with their salaray? Pay for literally everything in their entire life. So is 60K after taxes HUGE money....no its not. But asking what someone would do with 60k, is like asking what people do with all this Oxygen. You use it to pay for things. You buy a car, put a down payment on a house, pay bills, buy groceries. Like what are you insinuating? 60k isn't fck you money but its more money than most people would ever see in a lump sum in their entire life.

The discussion about it not being some sort of forever life-changing amount of money and the value prop of that compared to what you currently have is fine.

It’s weird and feels like there is more to it. But don't condescend to literally everyone by pretending like 60k isn't a lot of money for 95+% of the country.
He’s a realtor. He’s doesn’t make money.

Where was $90k reported, didn’t see that anywhere? Whatever the net would be is absolutely life changing for someone who make $0 now. He could use that for a down payment for a house when he’s done. You can’t pass that up as a 23 year old. My only issue is why this late. Why now? I agree something seems fishy.

Not hard to understand why you think others are close-minded. It’s called projecting.

Yeah, that's really the prick part. Money wise, they're all mercenaries at this point and the no rules set it up this way. Just like they don't give a sh*t, I'm starting to not give a sh*t about college sports.

Why would cam care more about the Rutgers fanbase than money? We mean nothing to him.
Cam proved to be a one year rental.
He left Loyola of Maryland after 3 seasons because playing for Rutgers seemed better for his career, helped the RU MBB program while getting his degree and is moving on to what he feels is a greener pasture .
I don't wish him well, nor do I want failure in his future, he is just a player that used RU for his own advantage but also helped the program be better because of his presence while on the roster.
So I bear him no ill will, just consider Cam a man who is doing what he thinks best for his own future and shouldn't be faulted for that.

Its weird and feels like there is more to it. But don't condescend to literally everyone by pretending like 60k isn't a lot of money for 95+% of the country.
I'm insinuating that $60K doesn't change anyones life. Like it's really not a lot of money.

- Does a nicer car change your life?
- Could you not put food on your table prior to walking into this $60K?
- Could you not pay your bills prior to this $60K?

My point is this $60K is not changing anyone's life. FYI, $60K doesn't help when you're unemployed, you're not getting a mortgage anyway. And if you had a job you can buy with way less than $60K down anyway.

And it's not a lot of money for anyone who lives in the US. I could give $60K to a homeless guy and it's not gonna change his life all that much. Might change it for a year but yeah, not making really much of a change at all in his life as a whole

Reactions: whofrewdatmataRU13
I'm insinuating that $60K doesn't change anyones life. Like it's really not a lot of money.

- Does a nicer car change your life?
- Could you not put food on your table prior to walking into this $60K?
- Could you not pay your bills prior to this $60K?

My point is this $60K is not changing anyone's life. FYI, $60K doesn't help when you're unemployed, you're not getting a mortgage anyway. And if you had a job you can buy with way less than $60K down anyway.

And it's not a lot of money for anyone who lives in the US. I could give $60K to a homeless guy and it's not gonna change his life all that much. Might change it for a year but yeah, not making really much of a change at all in his life as a whole
C'mon man. You don't think being able to afford rent, food and clothes for a year would help a homeless person? I understand it wouldn't for those who suffer from severe mental illness, but for the neurotypical person who fell on hard times and is living in the street with no money to their name, $60k would literally change their life.

In the Geo thread you said students are close-minded and here you are…
I think im realistic, no? A one time lump sum of $60K isnt really going to effect anyones life any remotely consequently way. If you disagree explain how. People have failed to do so.

You guys are acting like this money will change his life. $60K is not a lot of money. If youre an adult you understand this

C'mon man. You don't think being able to afford rent, food and clothes for a year would help a homeless person? I understand it wouldn't for those who suffer from severe mental illness, but for the neurotypical person who fell on hard times and is living in the street with no money to their name, $60k would literally change their life.
For how long?

And lets be honest, if you're homeless its a choice, not because you hit bad financial times. There are plenty of places in this country where the employment opportunities are plentiful and housing is affordable.

But anyway, thats off topic. $60K isnt a lot of money and isnt going to change cam’s life in any halfway consequential way

I think im realistic, no? A one time lump sum of $60K isnt really going to effect anyones life any remotely consequently way. If you disagree explain how. People have failed to do so.

You guys are acting like this money will change his life. $60K is not a lot of money. If youre an adult you understand this

It’s none of my business how much NIL money Cam is getting and even less of my business if $90k is important to him. It’s arrogantly presumptuous of you to have such a strong opinion about it.

I said the same thing earlier…..

And it’s $90,000 less what RU already laid out for him (which I assume is not $0)

This one don’t add up

You people are arguing with a guy who lives in a one bedroom in Hoboken that 60k is a meaningless amount of money 😂

60K-100K isn’t a lot in the grand scheme of things, especially for an athlete who won’t have any college debt.

Cam could quit basketball and probably make more over the next year with an entry level job.

A college kid would think that’s a lot of money but I would have thought a kid like Cam would be mature enough to know what he could make in the future.

I don’t think Pikiell let him walk though. I have no idea why he left but it was probably a combination of money, location, playing time, other promises.

This kid was only at Rutgers for 1 year so he didn’t really have any long or major connection to Rutgers.

Is his fanbase and coach at Loyola where he spent 3 years or Rutgers where he only spent 1 year?

Reactions: MiloTalon13
It’s not about whether the 90k is important to Cam…of course it is. It’s about they fact that Rutgers didn’t match it or he wanted to leave anyway….I suspect the number is higher than 90k when $75k gets you Reiber and it would absurd for Rutgers not to pay that.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT