ADVERTISEMENT

$90K is peanuts. I think Pike let Cam walk

Degree from Rutgers...Grad Degree from Georgetown...nice little nest egg to get started with after college.
Not a bad deal anyway you look at it

Where was $90k reported, didn’t see that anywhere? Whatever the net would be is absolutely life changing for someone who make $0 now. He could use that for a down payment for a house when he’s done. You can’t pass that up as a 23 year old. My only issue is why this late. Why now? I agree something seems fishy.
Was Cam getting nothing here? No NIL at all?

Wow. If true, that is indeed sad and we will be in trouble very soon. What’s even the point then? It sounds like you could have a situation with Ace and Dylan playing with 3 walk-ons. You know they’ll never suit up for that.

Sad indeed, but definitely true. If you look at the recent article about John Newman's valleant efforts on NJ.Com, RU raised only $1.5 million for all NIL (mostly for football), when the need is apparently $10 million per year to compete with the big boys. https://www.nj.com/rutgers/2023/05/...llective-leader-shares-educated-estimate.html

Reactions: Mr Magoo
All our grand parents should leave us a business
I run my grandfathers real estate school because no one else wanted to as its not exactly lucrative. I keep it running for our grandfathers legacy sake.

Youre trying too hard again Randy. As an investigative journalist I thought youd be better at this. Even Google can find you a little bit more about how I make money and what I do for a living.

Not all of us can afford to graduate college and then spend a year travel abroad studying and not working Randal

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should get your facts straight - I hear it's a lot more than $90,000.

I think you should get your facts straight - I hear it's a lot more than $90,000.
Can only go by what was reported here which was $90K. Woke up on wrong side of the pillow today? Haha

I run my grandfathers real estate school because no one else wanted to as its not exactly lucrative. I keep it running for our grandfathers legacy sake.

Youre trying too hard again Randy. As an investigative journalist I thought youd be better at this. Even Google can find you a little bit more about how I make money and what I do for a living.

Not all of us can afford to graduate college and then spend a year travel abroad studying and not working Randal
You wrote a book from middle class to multi millionaire. The book title wasn’t from lower class to multimillionaire. Your consistent comments about bragging about your net worth, not paying income taxes and 60k not being a lot of free money come off as someone who has no clue about how some people live. It shows you never came from no money as it would be almost impossible for someone born into a humble upbringing to be so brazen and clueless

Reactions: LETSGORU91
You wrote a book from middle class to multi millionaire. The book title wasn’t from lower class to multimillionaire. Your consistent comments about bragging about your net worth, not paying income taxes and 60k not being a lot of free money come off as someone who has no clue about how some people live. It shows you never came from no money as it would be almost impossible for someone born into a humble upbringing to be so brazen and clueless
when you're posting under a name other than your own , the rich can act poor and the poor claim wealth.
I take most personal info handed out with a grain of salt when posters make claims about themselves under anonymous names.
Some are true, some are false

Reactions: mikemarc1
I’d actually argue the opposite.

My successful friends that started with less are actually pretty outward (?) about finances.

And I’m not trying to defend Kyk here, as like I previously stated he comes across as a bit tone deaf. But with that said, we now have an update that Cam is being offered far more than 90k, so he’s not exactly wrong when describing it at “peanuts”

when you're posting under a name other than your own , the rich can act poor and the poor claim wealth.
I take most personal info handed out with a grain of salt when posters make claims about themselves under anonymous names.
Some are true, some are false
Respectfully, what does that have to do with my post?

I’d actually argue the opposite.

My successful friends that started with less are actually pretty outward (?) about finances.

And I’m not trying to defend Kyk here, as like I previously stated he comes across as a bit tone deaf. But with that said, we now have an update that Cam is being offered far more than 90k, so he’s not exactly wrong when describing it at “peanuts”
My experiences are the opposite. If you are a twenty something young person and you came from poverty then you would surely remember what it was like to have none

Lol, i have a feeling you stalk my socials because you know alot more about me than I post here. I never once claimed to come from poverty randal. I grew up middle class, not rich, not poor.

And yes, I follow the tax code and take advantage of the incentives in it to eliminate my income tax bill/significantly lower it and pay a very low net effective tax rate, you would too if you could.

And ill say it again, $60K is not a lot of money and isnt changing anyone life in any even half consequential way. If you disagree, lay it out. Youve failed to do so.

My total student loan debt upon graduation was $55K so itd allow me to pay that off but since i hustle i was able to pay it off in full within a year anyway. But cam doesnt have any student loan debt anyway. To RENT a one bedroom apartment in hoboken for $3K/month assuming he gets employed after college is gonna cost him

1) $3000 1st months rent up front
2) $3000 broker fee
3) $4500 security deposit

About $10K in total. Then probably about $38K between rent, utilities and internet/cable over first year. So he basically gets one year of housing and $12K to mess with. So it helps him for 1 year. Isnt changing his LIFE in any consequential way.

I get it, youre 61 and still single. Bored guy, you work for an employer that has to acquiesce to their furtherest left flank and accommodate the crazies (see bari weiss) and that must be tough so I feel for you and understand why you come here slinging arrows. Frankly though you live in America, youre not truly mentally free. That is where your jealousy and hate may come from. Prayers to you Randy 🙏

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, i have a feeling you stalk my socials because you know alot more about me than I post here. I never once claimed to come from poverty randal. I grew up middle class, not rich, not poor.

And yes, I follow the tax code and take advantage of the incentives in it to eliminate my income tax bill/significantly lower it and pay a very low net effective tax rate, you would too if you could.

And ill say it again, $60K is not a lot of money and isnt changing anyone life in any even half consequential way. If you disagree, lay it out. Youve failed to do so.

My total student loan debt upon graduation was $55K so itd allow me to pay that off but since i hustle i was able to pay it off in full within a year anyway. But cam doesnt have any student loan debt anyway. To RENT a one bedroom apartment in hoboken for $3K/month assuming he gets employed after college is gonna cost him

1) $3000 1st months rent up front
2) $3000 broker fee
3) $4500 security deposit

About $10K in total. Then probably about $38K between rent, utilities and internet/cable over first year. So he basically gets one year of housing and $12K to mess with. So it helps him for 1 year. Isnt changing his LIFE in any consequential way.

I get it, youre 61 and still single. Bored guy, you work for an employer that has to acquiesce to their furtherest left flank and accommodate the crazies (see bari weiss) and that must be tough so I feel for you and understand why you come here slinging arrows. Frankly though you live in America, youre not truly mentally free. That is where your jealousy and hate may come from. Prayers to you Randy 🙏
Dude not sure why you think I’m Randy someone. You are totally off base but I don’t mind whoever you think I am. Nobody is criticizing you for taking advantage of tax laws. It’s just your boastful nature of the way you come across that I’m critical of. You think I know a lot about you by doing research, however literally everything I know comes directly from what you boast about and say on this forum.

this part:
" It shows you never came from no money as it would be almost impossible for someone born into a humble upbringing to be so brazen and clueless "

I was stating how I feel when seeing an anonymous poster talking about themselves .
Maybe some of the posters here know the person, but since I can't say if a person is what they claim to be, won't take what they claim as gospel .
So just letting you know my feelings since you seemed to be questioning
what an anonymous poster claimed about themself

I just want to note that when the OP says that $90K is peanuts, he's not just saying that it's peanuts to the kid. His main point (I think) is that it's peanuts to whoever could pay NIL, and so Pike must have made a deliberate decision not to try to have it matched. I'm not sure because the OP's $60K statement relates to the kid, not to the payer but my reading of his post is in accord with the title the OP chose for the thread.

Most colleges now cost north of $60k per year, a significant number of brand new cars ballpark $60k, in a lot NJ towns $60k wouldn’t even cover 10% down on a house. I appreciate that there’s history with the OP, and ultimately some of this may not relate to Cam, but IMO “life changing” money should be a lot more than $60k

Let's be real, nowadays $ 90000 untaxed is nice but far from life changing and to further that point when some of you " young guys" want to retire " comfortably" you'll need millions and I mean millions with a S. If you think $90000 is large now you're gonna be real disappointed when you retire-- start saving now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT