ADVERTISEMENT

A bunch of things that annoyed me today

RUJohnny

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 28, 2005
Play by play announcer was either totally disinterested or is having vision problems. Called PSU short on a 3rd down rush deep in Rutgers territory in the first half when the runner had the first down by about 2 yards. 3Q said Rutgers runner picked up a yard or two, then its 2nd and 6. Said PSU was lining up to go for it on 4th down as their kicker was lining up. Guy was totally checked out or blind. Like listening to Merrill Reese the Eagles radio PBP guy.

Dremel had the first down. Obviously.

PSU gameday production playing the "Make some Noise" scream on the PA system within 2 seconds of a Rutgers snap... twice. Is there a rule against that? Obnoxious. Also, why is our gameday production elements the exact same as PSUs? Do the little sound clips and songs get sold to stadiums in a package or something? Did we both elect for the "Ozzy Osbourne - Sandstorm - Joker and Thief" package for the last couple years? It's so corny that college stadiums don't have their own audio identities. One of these days I'm going to take that job and fix it once and for all. I'll fix the lousy RU cheer too while I'm at it.

PSU player "chopping" after a sack or TFL late in the game.

Fugly uniforms and of course... the final score. Very annoying afternoon!

Oh and also felt like we didn't get off a single block today. Either the D got unrecognizably soft or there was a lot of holding. Annoying!

Reactions: NBHPRU
You do realize that his nickname that most know him by is “Chop” Robinson right?
I don’t think kids celebrating either of those things are a big deal. They see it every Sunday, he’ll be a 1st round pick in April.
I would guess it bothered you because we were losing.

The one announcer irritated me too. He said "Rutgers got a yard or two" when it was a 6 yard gain. And ever time Monangi got 3 or 4 yards he would say "Nothing". And he kept calling Dremel Dra-Mel. And when Rutgers was trying to draw PSU off sides on 4th and got a penalty, he said "They were denied a chance to go for it with that penalty" when RU was clearly not going to go for it. He didn't know the game of football.

He was clearly a homer for psu - at least 2 (maybe 3 times) he clearly wanted PSU to get the call and had to be corrected by the rules expert . This happened at least twice (maybe a third time). One of those plays (think it was a psu fumble ) they spent our entire offensive possession replaying it and questioning the fumble call (until the rules expert came on and told them they were wrong)

Yet whenever we get screwed it seems they go to commercial and never talk about it. Seen this all season

He was clearly a homer for psu - at least 2 (maybe 3 times) he clearly wanted PSU to get the call and had to be corrected by the rules expert . This happened at least twice (maybe a third time). One of those plays (think it was a psu fumble ) they spent our entire offensive possession replaying it and questioning the fumble call (until the rules expert came on and told them they were wrong)

Yet whenever we get screwed it seems they go to commercial and never talk about it. Seen this all season
Yes they spent a lot of time talking about the fumble, even questioning why the whistle wasn't blown before the fumble. And when a Rutgers player got hurt they didn't show who it was or talk about it. A real shit show.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Leonard23
I am sorry, regardless being paid or not they are still “kids”. I guess my 18 year old daughter who has a part time job while going to school and gets paid for that job is no longer a kid. Thanks for deciding that for me

Play by play announcer was either totally disinterested or is having vision problems. Called PSU short on a 3rd down rush deep in Rutgers territory in the first half when the runner had the first down by about 2 yards. 3Q said Rutgers runner picked up a yard or two, then its 2nd and 6. Said PSU was lining up to go for it on 4th down as their kicker was lining up. Guy was totally checked out or blind. Like listening to Merrill Reese the Eagles radio PBP guy.

Dremel had the first down. Obviously.

PSU gameday production playing the "Make some Noise" scream on the PA system within 2 seconds of a Rutgers snap... twice. Is there a rule against that? Obnoxious. Also, why is our gameday production elements the exact same as PSUs? Do the little sound clips and songs get sold to stadiums in a package or something? Did we both elect for the "Ozzy Osbourne - Sandstorm - Joker and Thief" package for the last couple years? It's so corny that college stadiums don't have their own audio identities. One of these days I'm going to take that job and fix it once and for all. I'll fix the lousy RU cheer too while I'm at it.

Fugly uniforms and of course... the final score. Very annoying afternoon!
And 2 blatant cheap shots well after the whistle by dirtbag PSU players…not a flag. Not even a comment from the Ref. Unfrickin real

Reactions: Kbee3
You know what annoyed me today? A committed seniors mom (going to Rutgers) posting in the facebook group of how terrible some of the fans are with their comments about children.

People see what people write.
Some of our fans are incredibly childish and miserable. It can be pretty irritating.

My advice to parents of players (or prospective players) would be to never read the forum. Often the loudest voices on the internet are the most clueless and self-absorbed.

It's not just our forum. It's a sadly not uncommon phenomenon across the internet.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Leonard23
They're getting paid now, can't hide behind "the kids" anymore.
Shouldn't matter if they're paid or not. Many of the comments made by supposed "fans" here are inexcusably self-absorbed, entitled, and childish. Could be NFL athletes; there's still no excuse for it.

It's not that it's going to hurt the players - the players will survive. It's that such ridiculously childish behavior unfairly portrays the entire fanbase as toxic and low-class.

Reactions: Leonard23
You do realize that his nickname that most know him by is “Chop” Robinson right?
I don’t think kids celebrating either of those things are a big deal. They see it every Sunday, he’ll be a 1st round pick in April.
I would guess it bothered you because we were losing.
I don't think it was #44 Chop who did this.

Oh and then there was the color commentator who did some sort've half-assed Family Guy Peter Griffin impression. Really weird. I'd be embarrassed if I was the producer of that broadcast.

Or when PSU defense crammed the box with 10 of their guys and we still ran it straight into them.

They're getting paid now, can't hide behind "the kids" anymore.
They have been getting free tuition and everything else for a long time. But still people should temper what they say within reason. But when they look like they don’t even practice sometimes it’s sad. Like our punt coverage guy plowing into the returner for no reason.

Reactions: G- RUnit
They were horrible - Other then the ridiculous harping on the PSU fumble with the forward motion claim (not even part of the call) there was one play were Kyle picked up 4 on a first down and the guy yells out "ru may have gotten one yard". I just think they were disinterested.

Reactions: Kbee3
Annoyed that I heard Crazy Train nearly every down and bunch of other sound effects and music (Springsteen?!) I wouldn't expect at Beaver Stadium. Did the Blue Band head home for Thanksgiving break? Ozzy and Sharon must be happy with the residuals they receive from CFB.

Washington-Oregon State on TV, you hear nothing but crowd noise and the OSU band, just as nature intended.

They have been getting free tuition and everything else for a long time. But still people should temper what they say within reason. But when they look like they don’t even practice sometimes it’s sad. Like our punt coverage guy plowing into the returner for no reason.

Nope. Professionals deserve the criticism when it's warranted. It's part of the job.

Noticed that too. It’s 10 plays ago, it’s over - move on already.

Like a fan would do eg, “well can’t they review forward progress?”

- that’s what us fans do: try to find reasons why a call should go our teams way.

But these were commentators that are paid to make objective unbiased commentary about of the game. Never seen commentators do that before

So glad when i synched with the radio

The Rutgers radio broadcast was about 15 seconds ahead of the TV broadcast today

Yes. I listened on the computer and was able to pause the radio broadcast so it lined up -

sometimes got off a second or two but I would freeze the radio or tv broadcast to line it up better

Was a bit of a pain but WELL WORTH not hearing those idiots on the tv anymore

You know what annoyed me today? A committed seniors mom (going to Rutgers) posting in the facebook group of how terrible some of the fans are with their comments about children.

People see what people write.
These kids are grown men now and they are getting a free ride and now being paid.

Annoyed that I heard Crazy Train nearly every down and bunch of other sound effects and music (Springsteen?!) I wouldn't expect at Beaver Stadium. Did the Blue Band head home for Thanksgiving break? Ozzy and Sharon must be happy with the residuals they receive from CFB.

Washington-Oregon State on TV, you hear nothing but crowd noise and the OSU band, just as nature intended.
With the All aboard.....ha, ha, ha, and Maaaaake sommmme noizzzzz, and the other canned music, PSU stadium sounded just like SHI. How heartwarming.

Reactions: Armor and Sword

This. I questioned whether they even had a band. Now I no why our stadium sounded so similar(constant piped in music & silly sound effects) when we hired PSU guys for our operation. It was awful to listen to.

Reactions: RUScrew85
This. I questioned whether they even had a band. Now I no why our stadium sounded so similar(constant piped in music & silly sound effects) when we hired PSU guys for our operation. It was awful to listen to.
And to the poster who loved the Oregon State atmosphere, he was right. It was absolutely electric and lots of crowd noise. And minimal to no piped in crap.

Reactions: RUScrew85
These kids are grown men now and they are getting a free ride and now being paid.
You can say that all you want, but biologically speaking their brains are not even close to being developed.

They still are students, especially at Rutgers.

Not all kids are getting paid.

And by that same regard can you treat other paid employees of jobs terribly? Can I treat you like trash at your job because you are paid and considered an adult?

AND perception is reality. If we look like a trash fan base, during a rebuild, in front of high level recruits parents it doesn't look great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT