ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Lewis leaving Michigan

Covid will have a significant impact not only on all 2020 players but likely on 2021-2023 players, too (and, not only in college but in the NFL, too). Because - ya' know, it's not like time doesn't continue marching on, and that will have an impact on player health, the draft, longevity and their future careers, etc. Even if everyone has to sit a year because no football is being played, you will still have 5th year Seniors who are now the age of 6th year Seniors. Many Juniors and Seniors will want to move on to the NFL, if they have the opportunity. So will True Sophomore players who will - by the 2021 draft - be 3 years out of High School. Thus, they too would be eligible. Many players who were planning (or whose coaches had planned for them) to sit this year - perhaps, their Freshman year - might not want to sit next year (assuming there's no football this year). Can they transfer out without penalty? Can coaches stock up / break recruiting offers without penalty?

I can't see how the P5 conferences don't force the issue that all recruiting, transfer, even playing time rules get tossed out the window for 2020 and 2021, as well.
For some schools, the rules were tossed a long time ago.

Covid is definitely helping. It looks like football is going to happen but it wouldn't be the worst thing for RU if it didn't. A year of training and recruiting without the lopsided loses would be a perfect storm for Schiano.

Covid forcing kids to consider staying closer to home is a huge plus already.
Agree 110% - we might be the program that would benefit most from a year off from losing, while rebuilding and recruiting up, including transfers.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Agree 110% - we might be the program that would benefit most from a year off from losing, while rebuilding and recruiting up, including transfers.
I don’t want us to be a “landing “ spot for lots of kids during coved only to lose them when things open up next year. But nothing else for us to do except keep recruiting hard. Let’s play the season.

Reactions: Knightmoves
He’s going to Rutgers I put 1 mill on it

I hope no one took this bet. His info is pretty spot on and shouldn't be doubted often.

He's not from NJ any more. He's from Michigan now. Not interested.

You would prefer not to have a former #1 ranked player from the state of NJ? Covid and the resulting social isolation have been playing with your mind.

I hope no one took this bet. His info is pretty spot on and shouldn't be doubted often.

You would prefer not to have a former #1 ranked player from the state of NJ? Covid and the resulting social isolation have been playing with your mind.

Not from NJ any more. He's from Michigan. Don't care what he does.

Not from NJ any more. He's from Michigan. Don't care what he does.

That's a really odd take from you. So you don't care about the other transfers Singleton, Dwumfour, Burke, Cruichshank, White, Powell, Barrow, etc. as well? These players are all Scarlet Knights now, including Lewis. Lewis leaves the state for a few months and returns to be with his mother and play for Rutgers...what's wrong with that? Why are you whining about this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT