ADVERTISEMENT

Acc football is horrible

I don't know I think Clemson is better than last year's FSU. I think their defense is good too. I think you could put dings in any of the teams really even Alabama. I can't say Clemson will win it all but I think they're a better team than FSU from last year.

They didn't screw up. They did exactly what Swofford told them to do. Make sure Clemson wins. They threw a flag on a nonreviewable call.
Well even if they got it right, it's not like it was a done deal. It was a big screw up no doubt but UNC still would have had to drive 50 yds in 1 min or so score the TD, make the 2 pt conversion and then have to win it in a likely OT. So still a lot of hurdles for UNC even with a right call.

If you like physical football, the B1G and SEC title games were fun to watch. And why wouldn't Narduzzi use Pitt as a stepping stone? Graham and Chrystal both did.

If you like physical football, the B1G and SEC title games were fun to watch. And why wouldn't Narduzzi use Pitt as a stepping stone? Graham and Chrystal both did.
its funny how people see high scoring games and assume both teams aren't physical. Big 10 offenses dont have any imagination in their schemes. Its harder to have lights out defenses in the ACC because of the scheming going on. FSU, Clem, Pitt, NC and NC St are all physical teams plus they are faster then Big 10 defenses.

I doubt it. Clemson is likely this year's FSU. Undefeated, and hence number one, but not the best team left standing. They are definitely a good team, but I expect they will get knocked out fairly easily by whoever they play.
Are you inferring that Michigan State can beat Clemson?

Still butt hurt that Pitt is in a ghetto. Don't be made at us. In fact, be happy we didn't return your coach's overtures about wanting the Rutgers job. You're welcome.

Cali

I know transitive properties don't always correlate but the fact remains that other than Michigan State, Pitt was Iowa's toughest opponent losing by 3 points on a last second 57 yard field goal. I think the ACC teams top to bottom can match up well with the B1G teams top to bottom.

I don't know if you have ever been to the Pitt campus (urban campus) but it is not in a ghetto. If you look at a map of Oakland you will see it is adjacent to Carnegie Mellon University. Our Board has an OP of Pitt's campus for visitors to the site.

Pitt and Rutgers are both good academic universities and AAU member institutions.

Pitt's strengths are in the Health Science Professions where every program is ranked in the Top 20 (US News Best Grad Schools-2016) or higher where you can get a near "Ivy" health science education at a Public University.

I do think Narduzzi will remain at Pitt if he is paid competitively and the ACC membership financing will make it possible.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
its funny how people see high scoring games and assume both teams aren't physical. Big 10 offenses dont have any imagination in their schemes. Its harder to have lights out defenses in the ACC because of the scheming going on. FSU, Clem, Pitt, NC and NC St are all physical teams plus they are faster then Big 10 defenses.

To be fair I didn't watch a lot of the ACC champ game. But I HEARD (pads popping) while watching the big ten champ game. Do Clemson and UNC have much more dynamic offenses than Mich state and Iowa? Sure. Let me ask u though...what's your thoughts on Bamas offense? Boring and unimaginative I gather. But they will pound Clemson into submission.

Amateur hour is taking two never-been programs into your conference like Rutgers and Maryland. But hey, chop that wood.
This is wonderful. Because nothing screams "not amateur hour" like being one of two P5 teams (both in the ACC) to rent their stadiums. Because "not amateur hour" programs shout and scream about all of those claimed national championships that were split 8 ways from generations ago. And finally, because "not amateur hour" is keeping your coach for more than one season for the first time in nearly 7 years.

Now run along and watch all of those highlights from when the Ford Administration was around.

Cali

I know transitive properties don't always correlate but the fact remains that other than Michigan State, Pitt was Iowa's toughest opponent losing by 3 points on a last second 57 yard field goal. I think the ACC teams top to bottom can match up well with the B1G teams top to bottom.

I don't know if you have ever been to the Pitt campus (urban campus) but it is not in a ghetto. If you look at a map of Oakland you will see it is adjacent to Carnegie Mellon University. Our Board has an OP of Pitt's campus for visitors to the site.

Pitt and Rutgers are both good academic universities and AAU member institutions.

Pitt's strengths are in the Health Science Professions where every program is ranked in the Top 20 (US News Best Grad Schools-2016) or higher where you can get a near "Ivy" health science education at a Public University.

I do think Narduzzi will remain at Pitt if he is paid competitively and the ACC membership financing will make it possible.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

And Rutgers was a last drive away from beating Michigan State. And we sucked. Almost means nothing. And Rutgers just last year destroyed UNC. The Acc just doesn't pass the eye test. Stanford should be in over Clemson. The same Stanford team that NW beat.

MSU would destroy Clemson. I hope they play.

To be fair I didn't watch a lot of the ACC champ game. But I HEARD (pads popping) while watching the big ten champ game. Do Clemson and UNC have much more dynamic offenses than Mich state and Iowa? Sure. Let me ask u though...what's your thoughts on Bamas offense? Boring and unimaginative I gather. But they will pound Clemson into submission.

I like Bama's offense. I didnt say anything about boring lol. I am a HS coach, my team runs a pro offense that runs right at you. We also have teams that run spread who are much more physical than we are. My point is teams like Clemson and UNC offenses keep you guessing more. They make defensive coordinators guess more. and 21 years old can be fooled despite knowing their positional responsibilties and roles within their defense.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Graham’s family did not like the urban area! Chryst left for his alma mater and would still be at PITT if his school did not have the opening! Narduzzi is a good fit and likes it at PITT! He will have plenty of opportunities so we will see. I’d hardly call Rutgers a destination job!

flipping between games during halftime of the SC game, it is so obvious how much stronger the B1G and Pac are. Neither of these Acc teams would sniff a championship game in a real league.
I would be thrilled if we had as much talent as Clemson. Check out the amount of turnover they have had since last year. New oline and d line plus numerous players placed in the Nfl.

Did I mention they have a QB?

I would be thrilled if we had as much talent as Clemson. Check out the amount of turnover they have had since last year. New oline and d line plus numerous players placed in the Nfl.

Did I mention they have a QB?

I'd rather have OSU talent.

Graham’s family did not like the urban area! Chryst left for his alma mater and would still be at PITT if his school did not have the opening! Narduzzi is a good fit and likes it at PITT! He will have plenty of opportunities so we will see. I’d hardly call Rutgers a destination job![/QUOTE]

Of course you wouldn't. You see Rutgers for what it was in 2000 and not what it is in 2015...a BIG TEN job at the flagship state university in NJ, in very fertile recruiting territory, playing in a division against legendary programs with high profile head coaches. Also, the infrastructure in place now is light years ahead of what was there 15 years ago and in 2006 Greg Schiano showed what is possible at Rutgers even with mediocre coaching and talent. The right coach who has ties to the area (I believe Narduzzi's mother lives in northern NJ) and is confident in his abilities would think they can build a powerhouse program here. I have it on very good authority that Narduzzi had interest in coming here but wanted a huge raise and POSSIBLY to have major control within the athletic department a la Barry Alvarez. That does not jive with with what Hobbs is trying to build here. It may matter early on, but Narduzzi's one more year of head coaching experience than Ash's ultimately won't matter. So as good as Narduzzi did in his first year, he hasn't yet earned the right to have the red carpet rolled out for him. I think he was seeing what he could get out of Rutgers but RU held their ground and I think made a good hire. Not saying Ash will be better than Narduzzi but I don't think Narduzzi is yet worth what he was asking. Good luck to Pitt in the bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT