ADVERTISEMENT

Ace and Dylan Recruiting Transfers...Allegedly

What the fuxk

I read a totally different headline glancing at the cell phone

Pass Out Korean Drama GIF by Netflix K-Content

Unnecessary and self inflicted chaos…so two players who have spent no time at Rutgers, and as stated, likely one and gone, recruiting players to come to Rutgers strictly as mercenaries? You can just feel the loyalty. I’m sure they’ll know the fight song and Alma mater in no time! 🤭

We are bleeding players at this point. Rutgers need any help it can get.
Huh? Other than maybe Cliff, I am assuming this is all desired roster attrition. The problem is that unless we have a significant bag I am not sure we should be expecting proven D-1 talent to replace them. The names mentioned on this site based on who has entered the portal thus far suggest a modest potential improvement.

This will take time to play out. Why would any top target want to commit before doing a full assessment of all potential suitors. Similarly shouldn't RU wait until at least we get until the sweet 16 to see how many additional players enter the transfer market?

Why couldn't Ace and Dylan go to the top guards/top 3pt shooters in the country and say:

"Come to Rutgers. You'll get a ton of wide open shots. You could lead the country in 3pt% with how open you'll be. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel."

Wouldn't that entice the top guards? Why are we seeming to settle for a bench/3rd guard as a transfer?

Unnecessary and self inflicted chaos…so two players who have spent no time at Rutgers, and as stated, likely one and gone, recruiting players to come to Rutgers strictly as mercenaries? You can just feel the loyalty. I’m sure they’ll know the fight song and Alma mater in no time! 🤭

this is college basketball in 2024. you somehow expect Rutgers to be different?!

I dont love it but the genie is out of the bottle.

SO we just lost our entire team...now what if we get top flight players in the portal like Mgbako, Bradshaw etc

Would people be happier considering the players we lost?

Reactions: Rufaninga
Why couldn't Ace and Dylan go to the top guards/top 3pt shooters in the country and say:

"Come to Rutgers. You'll get a ton of wide open shots. You could lead the country in 3pt% with how open you'll be. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel."

Wouldn't that entice the top guards? Why are we seeming to settle for a bench/3rd guard as a transfer?
$

There are gokd players from NJ that will be in portal-- I'm sure Harper knows them well.

Reactions: RUbbFannn

Because said recruit won’t get many shots or NIL. You think those two and JWill will be sharing much in the shot total ? Will get a serviceable big and GG’s backup

Huh? Other than maybe Cliff, I am assuming this is all desired roster attrition. The problem is that unless we have a significant bag I am not sure we should be expecting proven D-1 talent to replace them. The names mentioned on this site based on who has entered the portal thus far suggest a modest potential improvement.

This will take time to play out. Why would any top target want to commit before doing a full assessment of all potential suitors. Similarly shouldn't RU wait until at least we get until the sweet 16 to see how many additional players enter the transfer market?
Desired roster attrition or not, that has nothing to do with my comment. We are down players and if Dylan and Ace recruit some of their buddies, I'm good with that.

Why are people making a big deal out of losing players from the worst team in nearly 10 years? Outside of Cliff no one is a loss.
I don’t have any problem losing anyone from this season’s roster. However, I fear the incoming players may not even be as good.

Last edited:
I don’t have any problem losing anyone from this season’s roster. However, I fear the incoming players may not even be as good.
Outside of Cliff they are all very replaceable. We were the 13th best team in the conference, there is no where to go but up.

Reactions: cshelley
Outside of Cliff they are all very replaceable. We were the 13th best team in the conference, there is no where to go but up.
You would think so and I agree with you about Cliff, but a few more Noah’s, Ogboles, and Agee’s and we’d be even worse off.. Our recent track record is not great although we did get Cam a couple of years ago. But we also asked Palmquist to come back because we weren’t able to upgrade.

Last edited:

$$$$$$$$

lol....there are plenty of players who want to play with 2 nba draft picks...this board lives in a mom and pop store
I would bet with reasonable confidence that we don't land a major transfer piece (let's define that as either a former top-50 recruit or someone who ranks on ESPN's top 100 transfer list).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT