ADVERTISEMENT

Ace and Dylan Recruiting Transfers...Allegedly

lol....there are plenty of players who want to play with 2 nba draft picks...this board lives in a mom and pop store
RU needs to think big and bring in targeted specific pieces for defines roles (like experienced role players to come off the bench). We’re not bringing in types like Gonzalez-Agee, Hyatt, Wolf, Ogbole, Austin Williams. This staff is looking for pieces that belong in a Big Ten team rotation, whether in a starting role or off the bench. I don’t get this small time thinking, I am sure Pike and the staff are shooting for the moon. We filled in the roster last season with some 25th hour pieces. That is not the mindset or strategy this year, and if it is then Pike and staff will fail for sure. It’s hit the portal hard and hit it early.

Unnecessary and self inflicted chaos…so two players who have spent no time at Rutgers, and as stated, likely one and gone, recruiting players to come to Rutgers strictly as mercenaries? You can just feel the loyalty. I’m sure they’ll know the fight song and Alma mater in no time! 🤭
Hey well if those mercenaries can get us far in the tourney, more power to them. We're one of those schools now and part of the richest, most powerful conference in college athletics. It is what it is.

Unnecessary and self inflicted chaos…so two players who have spent no time at Rutgers, and as stated, likely one and gone, recruiting players to come to Rutgers strictly as mercenaries? You can just feel the loyalty. I’m sure they’ll know the fight song and Alma mater in no time! 🤭
I don't give a shit if they know what a fat sandwich is. All I care is that they win more than 2 games in the tournament.

The less people that return from this year's team for next year, the better.
Used the same words in another thread, Amen brother. Ogbole can enter the portal also for all I care and allow us to get a 5th player out of the portal. The more the merrier, I was hoping for 7 guys to leave, right now we are at 6.

Reactions: cshelley and Rhuarc
Can we pay NIL in like I owe you’s? So if and when ace and Dylan make it to the league we will settle up?

Last year top 3 werent cant miss. This years are not high in draft boards
Last year top 3 werent cant miss. This years are not high in draft boards
They were not can‘t miss, it was one of the weaker classes of recent years, the top player Collier should be a mid 1st, the second guy already went pro and will be also be drafted mid 1st, and depending on who you had next, Edwards from Kentucky probably late first, and Aaron Bradshaw of Kentucky got hurt on their preseason trip, missed the first several games and never got on track and likely back.

The hit rate of consensus top 5 recruits getting drafted is extremely high.
I don’t think people realize how talented Ace and Dylan are. This year‘s NBA draft is seen as pretty weak. If Ace or Dylan weren‘t prevented from entering the draft, either would go #1 over the players expected to enter, even without going to college. Next year’s draft is expected to be the best and deepest class in several years.

They were not can‘t miss, it was one of the weaker classes of recent years, the top player Collier should be a mid 1st, the second guy already went pro and will be also be drafted mid 1st, and depending on who you had next, Edwards from Kentucky probably late first, and Aaron Bradshaw of Kentucky got hurt on their preseason trip, missed the first several games and never got on track and likely back.
why cant this be a weak class?

I thought I'd seen every variant of over the top negative troll spin. But this is a new one. Our incoming recruits trying to help with the recruiting is somehow a bad thing? It takes a lot to surprise me. Kudos!

The way I see it....
Ace has the length and athleticism that gives him a very good chance to be a lottery pick
Dylan is going to need to show that he can shoot.

Reactions: RUDivision
I don’t think people realize how talented Ace and Dylan are. This year‘s NBA draft is seen as pretty weak. If Ace or Dylan weren‘t prevented from entering the draft, either would go #1 over the players expected to enter, even without going to college. Next year’s draft is expected to be the best and deepest class in several years.

Dylan is being compared to Jalen Brunson and Ace to Paul George. And those are pretty reasonable. I’ll take it.

The way I see it....
Ace has the length and athleticism that gives him a very good chance to be a lottery pick
Dylan is going to need to show that he can shoot.
If your point is that they’ll be better in 5 years than they are next year, then yes I agree with you.

But make no mistake about it, both kids are elite and Ace has NBA superstar written all over him.

why cant this be a weak class?

The class strength isn't determined based on CBB results.
2025 Class (Flagg, Dylan, Ace) has been evaluated for years now.

2024 didn't become "weak" in the last 4 weeks. Its been weak for months/years.

As mentioned, if Flagg, Ace and Dylan would eligible for 2024 Draft out of HS, they would all be high 1st round picks and likely above most (if not all) current CBB players such as Cody Williams/Colorado or Collier/USC.

If 2025 turns into a weak drsft class - that means Flagg/Ace/Dylan played all year and Duke/Rutgers had epically bad seasons (see Michigan).

I'm going.
To say the kid that went to Duke and d decommit it to Indiana hes a freshman

I prefer upperclassmen around Dylan and Ace. Guessing they would be recruiting young guys that they know. I won't complain if they convinced some highly touted young guys to join. But for a deeper run, rather some older - expirenencd players

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Ace would get drafted #1 overall this year, you realize that, right?
That’s fair but Dylan will not be ready to go to the league after next year. If he decides to leave he will get drafted on potential obviously. However the only one who is a true one and done ready to make an impact is Ace. Not crazy to think Dylan plays a second year

Reactions: satnom
That’s fair but Dylan will not be ready to go to the league after next year. If he decides to leave he will get drafted on potential obviously. However the only one who is a true one and done ready to make an impact is Ace. Not crazy to think Dylan plays a second year
The NBA strictly drafts on potential.

Ace would be going #1 or #2 not because he’s the top player in the country next year, but because he’ll be an elite 18/19 year old expected to improve.

By the time he hits 23-25 he’ll be a superstar.

Teams draft these kids early for that specific reason. They see Dylan’s ability to play defense and attack the rim and they know his shooting will improve in the league.

Ace would be going #1 or #2 not because he’s the top player in the country next year, but because he’ll be an elite 18/19 year old expected to improve.

Teams draft these kids early for that specific reason. They see Dylan’s ability to play defense and attack the rim and they know his shooting will improve in the league.
Completely fair! Dylan will be drafted on his ability to attack the rim, his pace which is unbelievable for his age, and floor IQ!

The less people that return from this year's team for next year, the better.

This, times a million. This was a 15-17 team that couldn't shoot, and people are concerned that we lost Derek Simpson (who can't shoot) and Mawat Mag (who was brutal, and gave up on this team). Apart from Cliff (who also can't shoot if it's outside of 3 feet from the bucket), not one of these guys is an actual loss (think Dean Rieber, who averaged 3 points this year).

Playing with 2 top 5 picks, which means that there will be scouts watching the games every game, means a lot of transfers will want to come here next year. I hope Dylan and Ace and trying to get the best guys to come here next year.

Okay you get a “haha” in return I guess.
You said on/off ! He was suspended for rules violations bounced around in his career.

Team defense- he consistently hung his teammates out to dry on rotations and missed assignments. (Could be learning the system).

His body language down the stretch was poor and the effort the last few games was poor as well. Doesn’t rebound well for his size. The team collapsed and clearly was broken. Hard to say he is a leader when he could not get them to show up to the big ten tournament game at all including himself. Listen I hope I am wrong but I didn’t see it . IMO

Reactions: rubigtimenow
You said on/off ! He was suspended for rules violations bounced around in his career.

Team defense- he consistently hung his teammates out to dry on rotations and missed assignments. (Could be learning the system).

His body language down the stretch was poor and the effort the last few games was poor as well. Doesn’t rebound well for his size. The team collapsed and clearly was broken. Hard to say he is a leader when he could not get them to show up to the big ten tournament game at all including himself. Listen I hope I am wrong but I didn’t see it . IMO
Anyone putting ANY blame on this kid, for the late-season collapse, isn't winning a conversation. Sorry. Oh and the past is the past. Move on.

He also has a league ready basketball IQ. Watching experts break down his game is eye opening.

Reactions: RUDivision
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT