ADVERTISEMENT

Adios Hayden Rettig

Ok fine. I guess rettig wasn't just another of foods duds. He was a solid division 1 quarterback. Oh wait.
And the roster is currently mostly floods duds, let's play the season and discuss .
Read what I said again. You missed everything the first time.

I'm kind of baffled how this becomes a knock on Flood. Plenty of things to knock Flood on but not Rettig. It made perfect sense to bring this kid in after the Nelson incident. I believe Nelson would have been a 3 year starter here with Laviano as a decent number 2 guy. The fact that Flood never played the kid after he got here just shows that he made the right choice by not playing him. Every year, even top CFB teams have QB's on their roster that never pan out and or never play a snap. It was worth taking the chance on.

At times like this I would hope that the individuals who consistently argued for years that he was a great quarterback that we were just not using would look back and ask themselves what did they miss that most of us saw? But I know that's not going to happen.

I don't recall many people saying he was a great quarterback, how would they know? since he was never given a chance. However, I do recall LOTS of people thinking he should be given a chance due to the poor play of the starter. I thought that then, and I still do.

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
The reason I think he left for some other personal reason is because being 2nd QB isn't bad. He would get a potential chance every week to redeem himself.

I don't recall many people saying he was a great quarterback, how would they know? since he was never given a chance. However, I do recall LOTS of people thinking he should be given a chance due to the poor play of the starter. I thought that then, and I still do.

And those are the people who have no idea what they are talking about. And he WAS GIVEN A CHANCE. AT 4 UNIVERSITIES and failed to earn the opportunity at each place he attended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT