ADVERTISEMENT

Ahmir Mitchell?

RU-05

Heisman Winner
Jun 25, 2015
A) Am I wrong thinking he could make a big difference here? Like, a BIG difference.

B) When is he due back?

Not this year. He's not going to come back off a torn ACL after missing practice for months, having never played college football against the meat of our schedule and dominate. Don't get your hopes up. He can make a difference but not this year.

The guy is running fine. There has been talk that he will be back by Ohio State, or mid season.

One guy without any college playing experience is NOT going to make a big difference.
He may not make a big difference in the win loss column this year but he was a starter in the spring and on the two deep at Michigan. He may have the most raw most talent on the team. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play this year. Next year I expect a big season from Amhir.

The Ohio State game is about 7 months post op I believe...the problem is not straight ahead running but in and out of his cuts...he looked good a month ago on the video... it is possible a young guy could recover quicker.

Just stop....Inexperienced players make major contributions all the time right from the start.

You really think he's going to make a big difference? I sure hope you're right. But contributing vs making a big difference are 2 very different things.

He'll be good if he can adjust to the ball in the air, catch it over the wrong shoulder, out jump defenders and create space.
So sick of hype around here with no production
Where's Bo Melton, I know he's a freshman.
Wasn't his speed gonna destroy a lesser EMU team?

He's is our best WR by far. He also is a bit of a knucklehead, so there's that too. In my mind, yes, he would make a difference. I don't know how much of a difference though when our issues start with OL/QB/play calling.

Sometime having those several good WR options can help the O line... instead of running game set up... the pass game short quick hitters can be where we go... we are in need of patience which for all of us is hard to do... I too want to see some guys like Melton... Wormley... and perhaps Ahmir with Doo Wop and Grant... I think we have a very good tight end in Jerome Washington... we'll see the results and know that 2018 is the year... if not Chris Ash will not survive as our coach... need to be at a minimum 5-7 or 6-6 next year...anything more on Tariq Cole's foot?

A never have played freshmen coming off of an acl 7 months ago should not be counted on to contribute in a big way. Unrealistic.

A never have played freshmen coming off of an acl 7 months ago should not be counted on to contribute in a big way. Unrealistic.

I think it's safe to say he'd be our 1st or 2nd WR option once ready AND that, alone, SHOULD help open some other things up and let the true frosh, like Melton, work themselves into the rotation more and more. Mr. Harris better step up his game, immediately, or he could be "movin' on DOWN" IMHO.

I figured it unrealistic that he would play at all this year coming off an ACL, but they said the timeline was what it was, and he seemed to be progressing along those lines.

So if they clear him, he suits up, and he lines up on the field, I assume he's good to go. Then it's a question of talent, and by all accounts he has that. And good size to boot, which is not something our more talented WR's have much of.

He's is our best WR by far. He also is a bit of a knucklehead, so there's that too. In my mind, yes, he would make a difference. I don't know how much of a difference though when our issues start with OL/QB/play calling.
Really? He has never played one down of college football so you can't possibly know that.

Reactions: JCKnight
A) Am I wrong thinking he could make a big difference here? Like, a BIG difference.

B) When is he due back?
Unless he plays QB or offensive line then no I don't think he will make a difference...an ACL is no joke, why rush him back and risk more damage? If this team was on the cusp of making major strides, maybe, but after this week I'm not sure we are at that point where the rewards out weigh the risks...plus we really have no idea what he brings to the table in a real game setting...

The timeline on this injury has been weird from the get-go. I believe he tore his ACL in April. It was strange how optimistic everyone seemed to be about him being back for the start of conference play. I thought typical recovery time for ACL injuries was around 9 months, and the player probably won't be back at 100% for a year.

Depending on where he is in his recovery, if he's not 100% I'd just keep him out until next year. Under B1G rules he needs to sit a second year anyway (which I assume was going to be his last year) so I'd rather have him for a few full years than part of a year with risk of aggravating an injury. That said, if he is 100% (which just seems impossible to me, but what do I know) then he plays.

I think it's safe to say he'd be our 1st or 2nd WR option once ready AND that, alone, SHOULD help open some other things up and let the true frosh, like Melton, work themselves into the rotation more and more. Mr. Harris better step up his game, immediately, or he could be "movin' on DOWN" IMHO.

That would be a good thing. He is a nice player, but a number 1 receiver he is not. Not at this level. Tells you how bad things were last year.

We have some young talent there. It just needs to mature.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
He'll be good if he can adjust to the ball in the air, catch it over the wrong shoulder, out jump defenders and create space.
So sick of hype around here with no production
Where's Bo Melton, I know he's a freshman.
Wasn't his speed gonna destroy a lesser EMU team?
Was Melton ever open vs EM, and the ball was late getting to him?

That would be a good thing. He is a nice player, but a number 1 receiver he is not. Not at this level. Tells you how bad things were last year.

We have some young talent there. It just needs to mature.
Why do you say he is not a #1 receiver?

And what does last year have to do with it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT