ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time Transfers

RU_PAYBACK

All American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2008
Other than Graduate-transfers has RU ever had any good transfers succeed at RU?

I'll name one that stands out to me: Shawn Seabrooks
If I recall correctly, he came from Tennessee and starred at RU.

Who else? How about in the last 10 years?

I don't think Turzilli was a grad transfer but am not positive, so he might be one.

You are narrowing the field. No grad transfers and I assume you don’t want to count juco’s either.

I’ll get back to you.

I expect Fields and Hurt to come to RU and star as TE's. Alaimo will come in and be a star QB.

Other than Graduate-transfers has RU ever had any good transfers succeed at RU?

I'll name one that stands out to me: Shawn Seabrooks
If I recall correctly, he came from Tennessee and starred at RU.

Who else? How about in the last 10 years?

Seabrooks was a stud at Safety.
At our game at South Bend heard him pop a ND player while seating 50 rows up in the Stadium.

I know you said no grad transfers but how about the second half of the season Gus Edwards had with the Ravens this year? Young bull was a stud next to Lamar

Reactions: satnom
Hester was honorable mention all B1G two season ago.

Dill was a grad transfer. We’ve had a lot of success with grad transfers.

Washington, Hester, Mitter, Seabrooks, Fortay and Shea come to mind as transfers who played well for us not including Jucos. I know there were others but I’m blanking out.

James Townsend WR went to Iowa his first year, I believe before coming to RU.

I just came across an old article that said he was fastest on the team in those years - sub 4.3 and faster than Tim Brown, Willie Foster and Riquan Underwood which I wouldn’t have guessed.

Geez...only Hester and Seabrooks had success as non-grad transfer and non-JUCO. That’s just lonely company.

Oh wait, there’s Flacco. He’s had sucess. Oops...

Kordell Young - RB - UVA - decent contribution but his career was plagued by injury so never quite fulfilled his potential

James Townsend WR went to Iowa his first year, I believe before coming to RU.

I just came across an old article that said he was fastest on the team in those years - sub 4.3 and faster than Tim Brown, Willie Foster and Riquan Underwood which I wouldn’t have guessed.
J.J.(Townsend) was indeed swift.He is a good friend of my Grandson,having played together at Holy Cross of Delran.Google him up and prepare to be surprised at how physically developed he is. Huge. Last I knew he had a gym in L.A. and was training people.

Don't
forget Mike Stevens. Played at Seton Hall Prep. Came back here from Tenn. and played QB for RU.He used to post here,perhaps still does.

Don't
forget Mike Stevens. Played at Seton Hall Prep. Came back here from Tenn. and played QB for RU.He used to post here,perhaps still does.

I don’t know if his career here merits all -time transfer team. Fortay and rob Higgins had better ru careers as transfers.
I think stephens may have been the guy that was part of then 1998 infamous spring game that was rumored the alumni tanked so shea and the team could have a confidence boost. I believe it was Stephens on team alum then that fumbled on the first series to set the varsity up . Shea’s boys went on to a romp and went on to 5-6 that season.

JUCO transfer Shahib White was a decent player back in the day, 4 INTs his senior year in 2000.

I seem to recall a OL that transferred from Clemson back in the 90's I believe. Was a real good player.

Tom Flacco without coming here he could have never done what he did this year at Towson...just not greatest for us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT