ADVERTISEMENT

In Search of CVS Bobblehead

RUinsane

Senior
Jul 25, 2001
Hi all,

Rutgers grad and superfan here. Even though I have had WBB season Tix for over 10 years, I wasn't there when they did the CVS Bobblehead giveaway. After many painstaking searches, I have the almost perfect collection of RU bobbleheads only needing CVS. Unfortunately I haven't found any on e-bay or other sites, If you or someone you know has one and might be willing to make a deal please reach

Thanks

FsBJ3KaWIAQLfSC

Last edited:
Thanks, I've seen that site, but it just gives you value of items. It's not a site for buying/selling. Appreciate you looking!

Reactions: MADHAT1
I've seen CVS Bobbles available in the past on eBay. Nothing there now. I think you might be able to connect with someone at RFund. If they have any left, a small contribution should work.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Wow - a rarity, I suppose. We have one, and also the Knight pictured in the OP. Not parting with it.

Just got an Adia Barnes bobblehead so we have one for each of the coaches we have followed. We came just at the last year of the Grentz era, and out here Niya Butts was HC when we got here, don't want any reminders.

Reactions: Esipos1
Iv’e been trying to find the 1960’s Japanese style bobble head for years with no luck. Extremely rare and hard to come by. Yours looks in amazing shape. Was it an eBay find?

I’ve also been searching quite some time for the silver helmeted knight with red Rutgers base. I’ve made the overwhelming majority of home games the past 16 years. I think it was a stadium giveaway if I remember correctly, but I guess it was one of the very few games I missed over that timeframe. I have seen a few posted on eBay, but they are all damaged and/or missing the swords.

The Japanese one I purchased from a former colleague who is big RU collector and was downsizing their collection. we base was not a stadium giveaway. I got mine from a contact who used to work at the university. They said that they don't believe they were ever actually given out and that it was part of a set from the vendor, otherwise it was given out in very limited quantity to big donors

Iv’e been trying to find the 1960’s Japanese style bobble head for years with no luck. Extremely rare and hard to come by. Yours looks in amazing shape. Was it an eBay find?

I’ve also been searching quite some time for the silver helmeted knight with red Rutgers base. I’ve made the overwhelming majority of home games the past 16 years. I think it was a stadium giveaway if I remember correctly, but I guess it was one of the very few games I missed over that timeframe. I have seen a few posted on eBay, but they are all damaged and/or missing the swords.
The one with the red base is the one I have. I wouldn't have thought it was a stadium giveaway, we only had a few years of football season tix and were never really early arrivals. To be fair, I just don't remember, other than it was substantially before 2011, the year we left NJ. I had had it for a while when we left I'm pretty sure.

The Japanese one I purchased from a former colleague who is big RU collector and was downsizing their collection. we base was not a stadium giveaway. I got mine from a contact who used to work at the university. They said that they don't believe they were ever actually given out and that it was part of a set from the vendor, otherwise it was given out in very limited quantity to big donors
It was definitely given out, as I have one and I certainly wasn't a big donor. And it wasn't something I would have "tried to get". But as I said in my other post, I do not remember when we got it.

Apologies, but I have been going since 1994 to RU FB as a season tix holder, and the silver helmeted knight on the red base next to the Japanese player was never given out for FB. The knight with the face was given out. I trust my source on the helmeted knight, as they worked for the group that handles those things. In fact if you go on the Worthpoint website, you can see 2 different versions of this knight (the sword has a wider cross guard in one than the other) Which shows they were not mass-produced (due to lack of consistency), but from a small group. This would line up with my source saying she thought they were never given out and were a group of prototypes from the vendor. I've been collecting RU stuff since the 90's I had never even seen this Knight until recently when my friend sent me a picture of one in a glass case at RU where he works. Had it been given out to hundreds/thousand fans you'd find more of it out there. No disrespect, but I think you are having a confabulation regarding the Knight with red base. I searched for 20 years for the Japanese one. Had there been giveaway of the Knight in question, I would have known.

Similar but not the same Knight: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/collectible-rutgers-university-1387245862

Last edited:
Apologies, but I have been going since 1994 to RU FB as a season tix holder, and the silver helmeted knight on the red base next to the Japanese player was never given out for FB. The knight with the face was given out. I trust my source on the helmeted knight, as they worked for the group that handles those things. In fact if you go on the Worthpoint website, you can see 2 different versions of this knight (the sword has a wider cross guard in one than the other) Which shows they were not mass-produced (due to lack of consistency), but from a small group. This would line up with my source saying she thought they were never given out and were a group of prototypes from the vendor. I've been collecting RU stuff since the 90's I had never even seen this Knight until recently when my friend sent me a picture of one in a glass case at RU where he works. Had it been given out to hundreds/thousand fans you'd find more of it out there. No disrespect, but I think you are having a confabulation regarding the Knight with red base. I searched for 20 years for the Japanese one. Had there been giveaway of the Knight in question, I would have known.

Similar but not the same Knight: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/collectible-rutgers-university-1387245862
I have the helmeted knight in the original picture, the same as the one missing the sword in the group of "similar items" in your link. If it wasn't widely distributed, my wife received at least 2 gift packages over the years related to being a fan club officer and attending the Final Four, perhaps it was in those.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT