ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Anthony Johnson Announces Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he commits and brings others great - but won’t have my hopes up until the first signing day.

you are a kid - we have gotten the 4 stars even when we had no conference and no facilities. Stop with the insecure awe of the programs we are going against - they can be beaten for many reasons. It is a new time for RU football.

This is what four years of Chris Ash as the head coach does to your psyche. Your self-esteem gets beaten to a pulp.

Continuing Covid questions could be a major deciding factor. Short drive from Philly.

This is what four years of Chris Ash as the head coach does to your psyche. Your self-esteem gets beaten to a pulp.

My comment isn't that we don't have a shot because he's a 4 star. I follow recruiting very closely. I know even Chris Ash got 4 stars and some of them having legit other top program offers. I have full confidence Schiano will be bringing in 3-4 four stars per class, no problem, once we get this thing rolling. But this thing isn't rolling quite yet and this kids final list is more akin to a 5star recruit (Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, and Rutgers)

I'm aware it happened with Anthony Davis in 2008. But that was 13 years ago and we don't even need all the fingers on one hand to count the times in our entire history that it's happened.

My comment is simply - its gotta be a long shot here. But if RU hauls him in, thats gotta be a massive signal to the rest of the recruiting world that maybe this ship is going to be headed for better waters much earlier than a typical rebuild might take.

PS ... all this is great on the defensive side, but the real program changer is a recruit of this caliber at the QB position coming to RU.

Continuing Covid questions could be a major deciding factor. Short drive from Philly.

Covid

Fran Brown

Greg Schiano

The 3 reasons it is a possibility, though the odds are against it.

My comment isn't that we don't have a shot because he's a 4 star. I follow recruiting very closely. I know even Chris Ash got 4 stars and some of them having legit other top program offers. I have full confidence Schiano will be bringing in 3-4 four stars per class, no problem, once we get this thing rolling. But this thing isn't rolling quite yet and this kids final list is more akin to a 5star recruit (Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, and Rutgers)

I'm aware it happened with Anthony Davis in 2008. But that was 13 years ago and we don't even need all the fingers on one hand to count the times in our entire history that it's happened.

My comment is simply - its gotta be a long shot here. But if RU hauls him in, thats gotta be a massive signal to the rest of the recruiting world that maybe this ship is going to be headed for better waters much earlier than a typical rebuild might take.

PS ... all this is great on the defensive side, but the real program changer is a recruit of this caliber at the QB position coming to RU.
I get what you are saying in possibly beating Bama for a recruit, but the other schools? I'm too lazy to look it up but I've got to think a number of Florida recruits we got under Schiano part 1 had Auburn interest/offers. And it has been a long time since Oregon was playing at an elite level.

Absolutely. Davis, savage, Huggins, Hamilton, shuler, muller, Clark, fogg, and Melton were all high level recruits and that’s just off the top of my head.
I remember Brian Kelly did an in-home with Huggins. You forget how big time he was as a recruit.

Can some of you curmudgeons let me know where you tailgate so I can never stop by for a drink?

The staff of doing a great job. Enjoy this!

Reactions: RUhobbit
Looking around to see if he is related to Diamond.
It's quite likely that he is her brother. Also, looked all over the net but could not find out for sure. Same HS in Philly, very close in age to Diamond(Johnson). Diamond has quickly become a shining star under CVS. Family knows Allan Iverson. Diamond chose RU because of close proximity to Philly, and CVS. Here's hoping!

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT