ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on yesterday's injuries?

Originally posted by eso1989:
I'd be surprised if anything is announced before NCAA selection Monday.
it's a tough call. The committee has been known to penalize teams not just for known injuries, but also for suspected injuries. If we hear nothing at all, they might just assume the worst. (BeK: what's your thinking on this?)

Originally posted by dmd78:
Originally posted by eso1989:
I'd be surprised if anything is announced before NCAA selection Monday.
it's a tough call. The committee has been known to penalize teams not just for known injuries, but also for suspected injuries. If we hear nothing at all, they might just assume the worst. (BeK: what's your thinking on this?)
The team's normal procedure is not to announce injuries until before a game, so I'd think they'd follow that procedure.

From the perspective of the committee, I just don't know. If someone's okay, it's probably usually better to announce it, but in a situation in which you have a couple of players who might be hurt, then if you announced one was okay, there's a pretty natural inference about the other one.

Sometimes the type or severity of an injury cannot be determined with accuracy until a few days have passed.

The problem is, we as fans have no clue what these could be or what body parts are involved.

I wish the best for all of our injured and banged-up players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT