ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Today Show thinks we are probably in…

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
Even with a loss to Michigan , it seems. They think “it will be close” but good Q1 wins, body of work. Last 10 games doesn’t matter anymore

BUT , Dave Revsin said INJURIES ARE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT by committee ! Helps us with Mag. Interesting take.

We COULD squeeze in even a loss.
Crazy year.

Reactions: RutgersMO
Even with a loss to Michigan , it seems. They think “it will be close” but good Q1 wins, body of work. Last 10 games doesn’t matter anymore

BUT , Dave Revsin said INJURIES ARE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT by committee ! Helps us with Mag. Interesting take.

Crazy year.
The more and more I study the brackets and bubble teams the more confident I feel. My guess is were the first 11 seed or last 10 seed right now. That means 5 or 6 teams would have to jump us and with only 6 days left crazy things would have to happen for that to take place.

At the end of the day only the committee knows where we stand right now. For all we know they can have us as a safe 10 seed or have us completely out. Going to be a loooonggggg week.

Our record doesn’t exist in a vacuum. We will be compared to all the other bubble teams. And in the end, few of them will have the quality wins we have.

If we squeeze in we went from a team nobody wants to play to a team that other's will think they got a good draw

break-car.gif

Crazy year.
Aren't injuries only taken into account if you now have missing players back? So for example, our Temple game.

We're not going to get credit for Mag being out...

Aren't injuries only taken into account if you now have missing players back? So for example, our Temple game.

beat me to it...seems to make sense but hope you (and I ) are wrong. Although they could say the team hasn't *yet* adjusted to mag injury. IDK

If the B1G Ten officials really cared about Rutgers, they would change the result of the Ohio State game,

Agree that’s how injuries probably come into play. For example, Justin Moore from Nova was out early in the year still recovering from an Achilles. He came back and when his minutes increased they started playing a lot better…almost inching Nova back into the tournament picture. Ultimately they didn’t win enough but that’s the type of injury I see the committee taking into account.

I think the Mag injury consideration could hurt us more than anything.

Reactions: bac2therac

Crazy year.
I like the PR aspects of this post...but of what real value is it to get in- when we'll only being going out STAT!

Hoping I'm wrong... and HOW THE HELL DO WE BEAT Mazed / Blew?

MO

I like the PR aspects of this post...but of what real value is it to get in- when we'll only being going out STAT!
One game at a time. Our goal in November was to be the first RU team to reach the NCAA Tournament three years in a row. That goal, although it will be tough, is still attainable. I know back in January some of us were dreaming Sweet Sixteen dreams and hoping for a good location for our two first round games. Today these thoughts seem like they were from another world and another time.
But it still boils down to we can still reach the initial goal that we had at the beginning of the season. Lets do it.
(insert Animal House clip here)

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersMO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT